1. 1.) Offering a PvP toggle flag would be blizlike yes. Warmane is massively away from blizlike currently because there is not an option for it here.
    2.) I cannot answer this specifically. I've personally administrated dozens of game servers, and am a highly skilled veteran developer, but I do not have access to the current core/lib here to play with. But from what I know, this type of change would probably need seasoned veterans familiar with core changes to make this type of feature addition a bug-free seamless one. That being said, it shouldn't be hard.

Many PvP server oriented players will see the value in this. They will still have pleanty of world PvP and the no-skill chump ones will still have sheep to kill. The difference will be currently the no-skill chumps currently have a goal of ruining our community. Their goal is to kill people until they quit the server. But under the proposed change the chumps instead will be helping the server, because instead of rage-quitting the sheep will choose to donate to the server for the flag. And ALL players will benefit by the enormous developer team that could be hired with the huge windfall of income from it. And the few completely worthless no-skill morons that simply cannot play a game unless they are able to insta-kill on 1 sided fights and make people rage-quit: thats a very small number of people that would leave the game, replaced by thousands of higher quality players. Our community would be purged of the blight and replaced with huge numbers of worthwhile players.
    your whole post isnt true at all.
    u cant flag yourself on a pvp realm on retail for pve .
    alot of pvp player would be rly angry about a feature like that , because u cant kil people who "steal" your mats or making dailies u want to do ....

i rly hope warmane staff doesnt implent something like this because it would destroy world pvp complete (the guardian buff last year was for wotlk almost the killing blow to world pvp...)

if u hate something on warmane why dont u just leave the server ? (i hate answers like this , but i saw it in the last couple of weeks so often in the forum ..so ill use it 2 :P)

or the easiest option is IF U GET ****ING GANKED JUST GO OFFLINE FOR 10 ****ING MINUTES ... (i never got ganked in my entire life , because when i get killed by some 80/85/90 i just logout for 1o minutes ....)

2. not sure what people find in world pvp so awesome, it requires no skill not even gear, all what you need is higher level or group and being douche :D

3. not sure what people find in world pvp so awesome, it requires no skill not even gear, all what you need is higher level or group and being douche :D
    pissing the other players off is the fun part.

4. Killing lowbies and people who simply don't want to PvP makes the gankers feel better, I guess. Maybe it's their only joy in life.
    To me it's like beating up a little child and yelling "yeah, I totally owned that scrub!".

On a side note - I'm leveling a third character now - a Human Pala - and I've noticed that Horde attacks it way more than they attacked my druid and priest. Tey must really hate paladins.
    IDK what I'm gonna do when Outland comes out, dear lord...

5. The thing I like about PvP servers is the freedom it provides. I don't gank low level players, they are not worth honor so why bother? I like the fact that you can defend your farming spots from the opposite faction, because nothing is more annoying than killing some mobs guarding a node just to have someone come nick it. Sure some people like to grief, but getting ganked every once in a while is not that bad.

Also, sometimes you find yourself in some funny situations where you have to quickly decide on fight or flight, I think it adds to the experience even without the need for ganking yourself. I don't kill on sight, but I sure will defend myself if attacked, I like that extra little spice it gives knowing that a rogue might be watching you farm in stealth waiting for an opportunity to fight.

6. IDK what I'm gonna do when Outland comes out, dear lord...
    I know what you will do: whine at the forum.

7. I for one, would love a pve over pvp experience not because i dont like world pvp, i just hate max levels running around 1 shotting anything thats not their faction, world pvp is fun at low levels unless your not one those early pvp blooming classes. but im not a fan of the <Toggle> on and off at ones discretion... to many abusers on private servers for this to work effectively... it should always be on, or off... unless you are on a world pvp map. like Western Plaguelands, wintergrasp, hellfire penninsula, grizzly hills, ETC.. outside of world pvp objective maps, its off... while on those maps its on... the toggle of world pvp as you like no... but for the people that want to do the City Raids, when that initiates your flag, it is on a 48 hour cool down... sorry for all these run on sentences, and grammar errors i've just woken up and havn't had my coffee yet... but again due to these limitations i don't think it could be implemented.

8. While I do hate PVP with a passion, I do enjoy PVP servers, because I like the risk of questing and leveling in contested areas. I do infact enjoy being on my tippy toes. Now I never really fight back cause I always level as a healer, as stubborn as I am.

If I get ganked, I either wait them out til they leave, cause lets be fair no person has the patiance nowadays to wait 10min around someones corpse or more (Ive sat near my corpse as a ghost for 2hrs once on retail while cleaning the kitchen waiting for some rogue to go away).

I would recommend not leveling in contested zones. or try and get on and level if you can, on non peak times when less people are online.

Now the PvE flag option thing is a really nice and cool idea tho. I would invest in that if i had the funds! :)
    Edited: October 22, 2015 Reason: cant spell apparently

9. Warmane is not going to do it. If there were more people who were PvE oriented they would have a PvE server. But it is not to be. If you ask a lot of the GMs, they will grumble on how old this conversation is. I have commented on it many times and have argued for a PvE realm. But the simple truth is that PvE people are the minority in private servers. Heck, Sargeras, though still was a PvP realm, was more of a PvE realm because the people playing on it made it that way. You rarely got into PvP situations and many times you got into cross faction help sessions. Imagine both horde and alliance helping take down Zul'drak arena and other areas. But that died because of two things that were. One: As PvErs are a minority there was not a lot of people on. Yeah we peaked over 1k at times but the realm was not populated to be "worth" it. Two: Crybabies cried to the GMs. Oh they wailed. Battlegrounds not being fought...arenas empty...PvPers were truly sad. I have nothing against the GMs but when they shut down Sargeras I was mad. I play for the fun I enjoy...not to be forced to participate in something I find repetitive and boring. Others may like it but I get bored after the third bg match. So the GMs took these two reasons and closed Sargeras...I seriously doubt that the GMs will give the ability to be able to cut off PvP and flag for PvE...seems like to many people would exploit it since it could be used to cheat in various ways. I will say what I have been told in dealing with gankers...just more politely. Log off for a little bit. Eventually they will leave. Play during "slow" hours. Not much truth to this but your chance of dealing with gankers lessens slightly...though the slow hours also means the worst of the worst comes out and plays...you know who they are. Call for help in global. There are players that know what you going through and take pleasure on killing gankers...especially since most gankers think that nothing can hurt them with their shiny new contender (or whatever first ranked tier gear they can earn without having to dedicate to the more hard obtainable ones). The joy of that is great. At 90 it does stop. (Who knew? lol) Good luck and have patience.

10. Em.. Sargeras got closed down due to lack of population on BOTH realms, the need for two MOP realms was null, and thus Sargeras (the newer and quieter realm) was closed.

11. Lol you PvE players haven't watched enough bear grylls or something, but why on earth would you ress where you got ganked and stay there for 30 more sec to rebuff and eat? Normally when you get ganked you scout around in spirit mode, find a nearby tree you can ress behind and quickly mount up and go for a run, when you reach somewhere safe then go eat and rebuff.

12. Why Warmane introduced that if we alt f4 we are dead? Why? Im not even in combat. I dont wanna let them satisfaction so I always alt f4 before dying

13. Why Warmane introduced that if we alt f4 we are dead? Why? Im not even in combat. I dont wanna let them satisfaction so I always alt f4 before dying
    You realize when you alt-f4 the chump hitting you probably doesn't care, you die anyhow due to him.

And to previous posters making false claims again. PvE flag cannot be abused. It cannot be used to cheat. This is because the assumption is if implemented have faith the devs here would implement it correctly. The majority of all retail WoW players have a PvP flag and none of them can cheat with it - because it was implemented properly on retail.

14. 1.) Offering a PvP toggle flag would be blizlike yes. Warmane is massively away from blizlike currently because there is not an option for it here.
    2.) I cannot answer this specifically. I've personally administrated dozens of game servers, and am a highly skilled veteran developer, but I do not have access to the current core/lib here to play with. But from what I know, this type of change would probably need seasoned veterans familiar with core changes to make this type of feature addition a bug-free seamless one. That being said, it shouldn't be hard.
    1. No, no it's not. What it is is a toggle for pvp on a pvp realm and that sir is not "Blizz-like". So, I'll ask you again sir and please try and be more honest with your answer. Do you feel putting a pvp toggle on a pvp realm is fair and Blizz-like?

A. I'd also like to ask you, do you think a pvp toggle is fair to all the pvp'ers that have come to play on this server because they love pvp? Those pvp'ers were here first and they've invested a lot of time and money into their toons for Molten to just up and change the realm to pve on them, don't you think so?

Personally I feel a pvp toggle ruins my immersion and I'd hate it and if Warmane put such a feature in-game I would have to ask them to put a work around for pvp'ers, so we can donate and be able to turn off your pvp toggle so we can gank you as intended.

2. Well Mr. Seasoned Highly Skilled Game Developer, I'm glad you have all the tools in the world to offer up such information that you think it wouldn't be to hard to put in-game, IMO it'd just be easier for Warmane to offer up a seperate PvE server and grant people free transfers over for a short time and I'm not even in the gaming business and I thought of this off the top of my head, derp.

3. I'm glad you think so poorly of us pvp'ers, I know we're talking about an age old war between pvp'ers and pve'ers, but damn man, do you have to make it so obvious and treat people that have a certain play style like their opinions and feelings don't matter? You sound just as vile and toxic as some of those pvp'ers, so I'm glad you at least have something in common with them. It's not like Pve'ers don't have their own fair share of *****s, morons, degenerates, and etc. There isn't a day that goes by that some PvE'er goes screaming into /Global claiming some guy ninja'd his loot or wouldn't allow him into his raid, at least the general bulk of PvP'ers don't care about gearscore (Item level) and just wanna get in game and have some plan and simple fun. Maybe if you learn to lighten up and not take being ganked so serious you could have a little pvp fun as well.

First 12345 ... Last