1. Jk, /4 chat is active in your garrison too, along with Trade.

2. I remember once on retail... I was used to molten (back in the days) with the global chat. So I typed /join global. I then realized how stupid that was, but then I actually saw a group of people in the same chat.

Channels are blizzlike, the advertisement to talk in the channel is not. Nor is any of the other advertisement (WEBS for example).

3. Hello, guys.

I was wondering about the 'Global Chat' that we have in Lordaeron.
    Since we are talking about a 'Hardcore' and 'Blizzlike' realm, I think that this channel is against that concept because it makes a lot easier to communicate, and also never existed in retail version.
    So, I suggest to remove that and make people use the original Trade channel, that works in all big cities, like it should be.

What do you think?
    /leave global and stop polluting forum with this nonsense

4. Hello, guys.

I was wondering about the 'Global Chat' that we have in Lordaeron.
    Since we are talking about a 'Hardcore' and 'Blizzlike' realm, I think that this channel is against that concept because it makes a lot easier to communicate, and also never existed in retail version.
    So, I suggest to remove that and make people use the original Trade channel, that works in all big cities, like it should be.

What do you think?
    Most of people that replyed here ware against this idea, but i for once think its a good one, i memember when i had to /wisper people in-game with (wanna come xxx dungeon, we need tank/heal/dps) and it wasnt that bad.

5. Brilliant idea. Let's devolve while we're at it like stop talking and the likes. Maybe do emotes to communicate in the hopes of someone sees you AND understands it too. This way we could disable every way of actually using the keyboard to its full potential and in true caveman style explore the world like we did in the beginning.
    Edited: October 22, 2015

6. Don't pay attention to it. Ever.

7. Its a mess. I do check it once an hour,but just for 5 secs,as soon as I see people just chatting with each other,I close it.

8. Other features that MUST be disabled:
    -Auction House - Makes trading too easy.
    -Trade Channel - Makes trading too easy. People should use /yell instead.
    -Running (out of combat) - Walking when out of combat is more hardcore and makes up for a more realistic traversing experience.
    -Mounts - Extremely unrealistic and non-hardcore. Same as the previous addition.
    -Whispering - Completely game-breaking. It ruins the RP elements of the game, due to the fact that people can't "whisper" each-other from huge distances.
    -Races other than Human - Most hardcore gamers stick to the realistic approach and prefer a race that resembles a RL situation. Humans are the only viable and realistic race.
    -Spells - An extremely unbalanced feature of the game that screams "casual". The most game-breaking element of the game that should be disabled ASAP. Using melee weapons and only the Auto-Attack mechanic provides a more realistic and hardcore combat experience.
    -Barber Shops - Hair dyeing didn't exist during the medieval periods. Hardcore gamers should be entitled to a single appearance of their characters and should not be able to change it.
    -Resurrecting - Illidan didn't get a second chance. Once you're dead, you're dead. Also very game-breaking and not hardcore.
    -1000+ other elements of the game that aren't "hardcore".
    Edited: October 22, 2015

9. You can create any channel and anyone can join them. Confirmed retail feature.

/join pveisforpussies

10. I think most of you guys misunderstood what I tried to suggest. I never said I hate Global and there should be NO CHAT to form groups just to make it harder, it wouldn't make sense. I just said it would be more retail-accurate if everyone use the Trade chat to do that, which is actually the same thing as Global but you can only use that at cities, not EVERYWHERE.

And, yes chats are Blizzlike, if everyone on a Blizzard realm join the same channel, it would be exactly like Global, only the advertisement to join it that doesn't exist.

Anyway, I see that everyone is absolutely comfortable at it, so let's just forget this. I don't bother using it and I will not leave it.

Thanks for your reply, guys.

11. -Races other than Human - Most hardcore gamers stick to the realistic approach and prefer a race that resembles a RL situation. Humans are the only viable and realistic race.
    Don't forget about dwaves and trolls... they exist in real life aswell :)

12. Don't forget about dwaves and trolls... they exist in real life aswell :)
    Gnomes and Dwarves are short people? And Trolls are the people "trolling" in the Internet and games and stuff?

13. Other features that MUST be disabled:
    -Auction House - Makes trading too easy.
    -Trade Channel - Makes trading too easy. People should use /yell instead.
    -Running (out of combat) - Walking when out of combat is more hardcore and makes up for a more realistic traversing experience.
    -Mounts - Extremely unrealistic and non-hardcore. Same as the previous addition.
    -Whispering - Completely game-breaking. It ruins the RP elements of the game, due to the fact that people can't "whisper" each-other from huge distances.
    -Races other than Human - Most hardcore gamers stick to the realistic approach and prefer a race that resembles a RL situation. Humans are the only viable and realistic race.
    -Spells - An extremely unbalanced feature of the game that screams "casual". The most game-breaking element of the game that should be disabled ASAP. Using melee weapons and only the Auto-Attack mechanic provides a more realistic and hardcore combat experience.
    -Barber Shops - Hair dyeing didn't exist during the medieval periods. Hardcore gamers should be entitled to a single appearance of their characters and should not be able to change it.
    -Resurrecting - Illidan didn't get a second chance. Once you're dead, you're dead. Also very game-breaking and not hardcore.
    -1000+ other elements of the game that aren't "hardcore".
    Except no one uses the trade chat channel, or the looking for group channel. By getting rid of global, it forces people to use the cities more since you can only use trade chat in major cities. (Blizzlike).

First 123 Last