1. Mages in general on Frostwolf

I don't want to complain here but I will a little. But in any case I want some suggestion on how to play mage with all the bugs and being very weak and all. I just want very good mages who play here for a while to give me and other new mages a suggestion or two.

I just wondered. I started playing here 2 weeks ago on Frostwolf. I played mage for a very long time on WotLK and Cataclysm. But when I came to MoP I noticed that mages here are very weak. Usually mages are glass cannons we all know and like and atm my mage that has full hero point gear in either spec can't do much dmg. Today I tried to duel a monk with green lvling gear and 1x 522 ilvl ring and I put Living bomb, used inferno blast, combustion, infernal blast, pyroblast and spammed scorch 3 times. All that did about 240k dmg on that monk. Now idk if I am doing something wrong because I am new here. But to me that is really low. Mages should be unrivaled in dmg but seems every other class does more dmg than mages do.

Now I have seen mages do nice job in PvE but PvP is a different story. Some very good mages with full 522 gear can't even compete with other classes unless their skill is very high which is their only advantage.

Overal my feeling is mages dmg is really low. Now is it just me or is that the real case?

Also if anyone has any suggestions how to improve and go around the bugs and increase dmg in both PvP and PvE please write it here for all us who are new to Frostwolf. I would be very thankful.

2. As fire mage there are many ways to burst someone in pvp,
    Usually u need pyro proc>then u inferno blast>deep freeze and u get around 3 pyros.
    Combine it with alter time to get more procs.
    Combustion is mostly used to reset inferno blast CD, that way u can get a fast pyro proc.
    There are many fire mage guides on youtube try and have a look there.

3. You are kidding right ? A fire mage can global you in 4 pyros idk what more do you want, honor gear is more than enough to contest even some people with full grieveous if you know what you are doing. The playstyle however is really different from cata and wotlk. Also for the contrary 240k dmg isnt bad at all , idk what more do you want scorch = kill ?