1. @rc100
    i have around 1525 haste and i wonder , if i change fish feast with haste food (+40) and change some red or blues to haste one for 1616 . is it worth it ? or gonna be dps lose ?
    i almost have same items with u but some oparts of mine not heroic and i m a bit far away to 1616

Demo.
    Edited: February 27, 2017

2. @rc100
    i have around 1525 haste and i wonder , if i change fish feast with haste food (+40) and change some red or blues to haste one for 1616 . is it worth it ? or gonna be dps lose ?
    i almost have same items with u but some oparts of mine not heroic and i m a bit far away to 1616

Demo.
    Your haste level is already good mate.Don`t do that stay at that level of haste with maximum spell power as you can have with gems, don`t use pure haste gems and haste food.
    Edited: February 27, 2017

3. Why CTS+POTNL is better for demo/destro specs compared to CTS+DFO? Especially for demo, it values haste much more than crit and im not talking about full bis locks, but like 6.1-6.2 ones.

4. If you don’t recast corruption when the boss is under 35% the talent Death's Embrace which increases damage on the target when is under 35% will not apply for corruption because the way the spell works.
    Is this still true or is that gone with the core and/or any later updates?

5. Why CTS+POTNL is better for demo/destro specs compared to CTS+DFO? Especially for demo, it values haste much more than crit and im not talking about full bis locks, but like 6.1-6.2 ones.
    After certain point haste become with less value compere to crit, specially after 1300 haste.
    Now why DFO is bad trinket for demonology and destro, the haste itself isn`t that bad but how spell power proc works is bad for this two specs. Because spell power is building " Your harmful spells have a chance to increase your spell power by 121 and an additional 121 every 2 sec for 20 sec." Every 2 sec your spell power will be increased with 121 spell power and on the 20 sec you will have 1210 spell power.

- Demo imagine this DFO just proc and you have one two or 3 stacks from DFO and your Demonic pack procs as well. It will be buffed with just 12, 24 or 36 and so on spell power, compere to no matter when demonic pack procs and you have POTNL proc it will be buffed for 121 spell power.

Now most important thing:

Dislodged Foreign Object: 170 haste, 45 sec ICD, average of 577,5 spell power for 20 sec
    Phylactery of the Nameless Lich: 172 Crit R, 100 sec ICD, 918 spell power for 20 sec.

To summarise why would you want to use DFO over POTNL for this two specs when crit rating is better stat and spell power you get from it its a lot more?!
    May be if you don`t have both CTS and POTNL but if you do that`s your choice 110% or you simply lose dps.

Imagine DFO proc and you have this :
    lets say average geared warlock that have 1.6sec + casting time on this spells.

1st - shadow bolt/incinerate - will hit with extra 121 spell power, 2nd - shadow bolt/incinerate - 242 spell power
    3 - shadow bolt/incinerate - 362 spell power and so on on for all other dps spell you use its the same. etc on the 20 sec shadow bolt/incinerate and other dmg spells will hit with 1210 more spell power.

When POTNL proc:
    All your spells are hitting with extra 1207 spell power for 20 sec.

I personally will use POTNL over DFO at any gear level for demo and destro.

Is this still true or is that gone with the core and/or any later updates?
    Yes mate. But you don`t instant recast it when target is under 35% you have to wait when you have Devious Minds [warlock 4p tier bonus] and then recast it.
    Edited: March 4, 2017

6. Felguard seems to have been fixed statwise. Do any of you have a debunk of this? Or is it true? Is it finally fixed?

7. Felguard seems to have been fixed statwise. Do any of you have a debunk of this? Or is it true? Is it finally fixed?
    They have been working on Felguard damage for quite some time now.

Here are 3 random logs from January till March, you can see that damage is increasing.

January - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...dl/details/30/
    Mele avg hits 1352 crits 2690
    Cleave avg hits 1423 crits 2892

February - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qz89n...cj/details/18/
    Mele avg hits 1624 crits 3284
    Cleave avg hits 1726 crits 3461

March - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/98j81...ik/details/29/
    Mele avg hits 2055 crits 4194
    Cleave avg hits 2124 crits 4276
    This is BIS Demo warlock pet dps - 2074.6

And retail log - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...6r/details/24/
    Mele avg hits 2305 crits 4677
    Cleave avg hits 2371 crits 4764
    Not BIS retail pet dps - 2485.0

As you can see there is like good portion around 10% difference, but its a lot more better that was in the past.
    Edited: March 8, 2017

8. Would you say that spending talent points to increase it's damage would be worth now? Or is it still to low to be prioretized over lower cd on Meta and Metas Utility over Felguard Damage.

9. Would you say that spending talent points to increase it's damage would be worth now? Or is it still to low to be prioretized over lower cd on Meta and Metas Utility over Felguard Damage.
    That depend more on raid dps like before, if on most of the fights you can have 2 demo forms then specing into lower cd on Meta Form is better. If your raid dps is high and you cannot have two Meta forms with improved then go for Demonic Empowerment. I did spec into in and more testing will be done.
    If you kill majority of the ICC HC bosses over 2:50 sec then go for improved Form if you do it faster then its just a waste of points.
    For example my guild kills most of the bosses in range 2m - 2:20m, its not good to waste points there couse i dot get benefit from it.On longer fights like PP 3m - 4.30m still have 2 forms, BQL - 2:50 3:50 still 2 forms, Sindi 3:30 - 3:50m still 2 forms.
    You see i`ll be wasting 2 points for all this fights getting nothing in return even on the longer fights you will not have 3 demo forms.
    The longest fight of all is LK 13m - 14:30m theoretically you can have 6 forms with 3 points improvement Demo form, and 5 with one or 2 points less. Even there don`t look that good isnt it ;]/

The one thing i notice last few weeks is that Demo suffer huge drawn back, after resisting thing was implement. With procs and Demo form, my soul fire was critting 59-61k now it cant go higher that 49k.I don`t know why it hits so hard soul fire, i did not notice big difference on my Mage fireballs and pyroblasts damage.
    Edited: March 8, 2017

10. There has been some questions about Imp or Felguard as Demonology Warlock.
    All the Data is fresh from last 2 weeks. As you can see pets dmg on LOD warmane.

Total damage - 6.75m
    Demo Wlock Felguard - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/98j81...ik/details/29/
    Mele avg hits 2055 crits 4194
    Cleave avg hits 2124 crits 4276
    This is BIS Demo warlock pet dps - 2074.6

Total damage - 8.54m
    Demo Wlock Imp pet and spec - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/36yz0...?s=6033&e=6752
    Fireballs avg hits - 3179.7, crits - 6443.1
    This is BIS Demo warlock pet dps - 2231.8

157.2 dps in favour of IMP.
    my total shadow dps is 28.4% or 4155.89 dps 5% from that are 207.80 dps.
    The rest is fire damage 71.6% or 10 477.51 dps + 5% crit on that.

Its clear if you manage to use smart your soul fire proc and immolation aura imp spec is ahead by far on LOD.
    On other hand if your shadow damage is higher 50%+ then felguard is your way to go.
    Edited: March 10, 2017

11. @rc100 Small correction PI does not stack with Bloodlust as could be implied by 1616 haste - 1.5 casting time + Power Infusion - 1.3 sec casting time + Bloodlust - 1 sec casting time/ just Bloodlust - 1.2 sec casting time in your stats section.

Bump!

12. @rc100 Small correction PI does not stack with Bloodlust as could be implied by 1616 haste - 1.5 casting time + Power Infusion - 1.3 sec casting time + Bloodlust - 1 sec casting time/ just Bloodlust - 1.2 sec casting time in your stats section.

Bump!
    Not any more yes, ty i`ll update it.

13. Bump!
    Demonology Warlock
    With hand on my heart i can say that this configuration is top dps one for demo spec at the moment.You can easy burst 22-24k and kill the bosses in 18-19k dps range. The good part is if your raid dps is low your personal dps will be higher what more you can want;]/The video below is with normal raid dps not high not low.

Spec - Demo 0/53/17 now there is one dead point you can put it into Demonic Power or Suppression, depend if you need hit, i personally use it in Suppression.

Glyphs:
    1. Glyph of Life Tap
    2. Glyph of Metamorphosis
    3. Glyph of Quick Decay

Stone:
    Create Firestone

Pet:
    Imp

Trinkets:
    Phylactery of the Nameless Lich
    Charred Twilight Scale

video that proves this numbers:
    Edited: April 28, 2017

14. I don't agree with everything you said.
    First of all your guild's normal dps is pretty much higher than other guilds so encounter time is shorter which is good for demo (especially when you pop BL when bosses are 35% hp or less).

My guild's average kill time is around 2:20-2:50 which is perfect for demo I'm aware of that so my dps SHOULD be pretty high (I'm going to get back to that later). I believe that the best configuration for demo warlock is:
    - being orc (of course) - 5% more pet dmg and sp buff
    - glyphs: life tap, IMP*, quick decay
    - talents with 2/2 Demonic power (faster casts of imp's firebolt)*
    - professions: engineering* (is a must), and jc/ench
    - stats: sp > crit (for soulfire phase) > haste (which is 1299 in bis gear without gemming anything in haste)
    - and lastly good gameplay :D

From what I've seen in your video I could argue about few things you do. I understand that with glyph of meta you use immolation aura right after using metamorphosis so you can use it for the second time for ~6 sec (?).
    On marrowgar it would be better to wait for the first spikes to show up and use immolation aura before marro finishes casting them -> it's an easy burst up to 27-29k dps and around 65-80k dmg in spikes alone, the same goes for Lady, no point in running around in meta, better just stay in the middle wait for adds to be pulled there and pop immolation aura + rain of fire (fire dmg).
    You should use flamecap when you have your soulfire bursting phase (it's pretty useless for the beginning like you did on DB when you cast shadowbolts and occasionally incinerate) for it adds 81 FIRE spell damage so it's best to combine it with engineering* 340haste, potion of speed. 3 min cooldown is too long for most fights so better use it for best burst but then it lasts 1min so I usually use it some time before that.
    Your guild pops BL for the last phase @ Prof hc (which is <3 , mine unfortunately uses it during second transition phase for oozes) but still I believe there could be some improvement when it comes to dps. In fights like this (and other like LK hc) it's best to let your imp rekt the boss when you need to change positions, move, use tp - imp just casts firebolts that's why I chose my talent spec. My imp does around 3-3,3k dps which is much higher than any other lock I've seen here so I suggest trying out 2/2 Demonic Power.

Here's some ss I've made unfortunately no logs for now as my 2nd group doesn't do it (made in different guild, different factions):
    http://imgur.com/a/omZ1o

Maybe there's something I forgot to cover but I'm open for discussion, let me know :D

15. H! mate

First of all your guild's normal dps is pretty much higher than other guilds so encounter time is shorter which is good for demo (especially when you pop BL when bosses are 35% hp or less)
    The only fight we are doing this is PP.

My guild's average kill time is around 2:20-2:50 which is perfect for demo I'm aware of that so my dps SHOULD be pretty high (I'm going to get back to that later). I believe that the best configuration for demo warlock is:
    - being orc (of course) - 5% more pet dmg and sp buff
    - glyphs: life tap, IMP*, quick decay
    - talents with 2/2 Demonic power (faster casts of imp's firebolt)*
    - professions: engineering* (is a must), and jc/ench
    - stats: sp > crit (for soulfire phase) > haste (which is 1299 in bis gear without gemming anything in haste)
    - and lastly good gameplay :D
    If you are using 2/2 demonic power and imp glyph then yes your pet can go to 3 - 3.3k. Im not using any of them and mine around 2.8 - 3k. But that makes you pull a lot less its easy to make calculations yourself. 1st most of the bosses you will not have 2 demo forms because 2/2 demonic power, is for the cost of Nemesis 1/3 - 2,7 sec, 2/3 - 2,4 sec, 3/3 - 2,1 sec. For all that you get 300 dps more on pet, and you lose 2 immolation auras, and 42 sec with 20 % more damage. If your fights are in this range 2:20 - 2:50 min then at best you will have 2nd demo form for 10 sec at best.

Simple example.
    LK HC
    For that 6 extra seconds how much damage you will do:
    3 valks + LK = 4 targets, my immolation aura hits average is 3.6k for 6 sec it will hit 8 times.4 targets x 8 hits each = 32 hits * 3,6k = 115.2k dps done + 1 shadow cleave hit 3 targets x 8k each = 24k damage done.
    total 139.2k damage done in 6 sec just from this 2 spells.
    Lets say you are average Joe that do 15k dps on LK, 6 extra sec with 20% more damage, that will be 3k xtra dps each second 3*6 = 18k
    Total damage done for 6 sec is 157.2k

Now if your pet is doing 400 dps more compere to other pets on LK as you are saying the time that will be need it to do that damage is 393 sec more than 6 minutes and half . Can you see how much dps you are losing, and that is just for one demo form on LK HC you can have 4 or 5 without any problem.

Even if you hit just one target with that xtra 6 sec on demon form.
    Immolation 1 target 8 hits * 3.6k = 28.8k
    Shadow Cleave 1 target 1 hit * 8k = 8k
    Average Joe 15k dps 20% from that are 3k*6sec = 18k
    total = 54.8k

Your 400 dps more doing pet will need 137 sec to do 54.8k damage or 7 sec more than a demon form with 3/3 cd is 130 sec.

In other words if you play the spec correct going your way is pulling you behind, and if its more aoe fight you go back to Africa.

From what I've seen in your video I could argue about few things you do. I understand that with glyph of meta you use immolation aura right after using metamorphosis so you can use it for the second time for ~6 sec (?).
    Its not just that extra 6 sec on immolation aura, its 1 more shadow cleave and 6 sec with 20% damage on all spells. For bosses where you can use 2 demo forms its 12 sec.

On marrowgar it would be better to wait for the first spikes to show up and use immolation aura before marro finishes casting them -> it's an easy burst up to 27-29k dps and around 65-80k dmg in spikes alone, the same goes for Lady, no point in running around in meta, better just stay in the middle wait for adds to be pulled there and pop immolation aura + rain of fire (fire dmg).
    Im not timing it on 1st spikes because rogues are using their cd on them and they die pretty fast. I`m hitting 2nd spikes they are staying a bit longer and times perfect with my immolation and shadow cleave on them. You can see that on the video.
    About Lady, if i`m waiting all to get in the middle they will be already dead because our raid aoe dps is pretty good.But that depend on raid dps if its low then you can wait and do what you are saying.

You should use flamecap when you have your soulfire bursting phase (it's pretty useless for the beginning like you did on DB when you cast shadowbolts and occasionally incinerate) for it adds 81 FIRE spell damage so it's best to combine it with engineering* 340haste, potion of speed. 3 min cooldown is too long for most fights so better use it for best burst but then it lasts 1min so I usually use it some time before that.
    Flamecap is good to be used when you have SF no argue about and you should do it.
    I was not try hard to pull good dps so i use it with BL, because makes my immolate and incinerate hit harder .

Here's some ss I've made unfortunately no logs for now as my 2nd group doesn't do it (made in different guild, different factions):
    http://imgur.com/a/omZ1o
    I don`t know from when are this SS but now SF cant past 50k crit, unless you have tot on you. 15k on PP is normal as demo warlock.Good job you are doing keep it mate;]/
    Edited: April 4, 2017

First ... 56789 ... Last