1. First of all thank you for not just making this guide but staying active on the thread as well.

Now i have a couple of questions. As a demo lock, one can stack either crit or spirit, right? And when i heard this i was all aboard for stacking spirit. But i don't know how. I am decently geared. My gs is 5,7.

- Are enchants and gems same for both crit stacker and spirit stacker?

- With my gs, should i get even more gear and then worry about spirit?

- Is spirit stacking any good and is it "viable" on this server?

- Should i buy some spirit items from eof vendors?

( I have little knowledge on other classes and what stats they need, but probably there are some that need spirit. So . . .)
    - In raid, is it wrong if i roll for a spirit item?

I think that's about it. I have a lot of questions as you can see, but don't rush yourself to answer as i have a lot of free time and i don'play that often.

2. First of all thank you for not just making this guide but staying active on the thread as well.

Now i have a couple of questions. As a demo lock, one can stack either crit or spirit, right? And when i heard this i was all aboard for stacking spirit. But i don't know how. I am decently geared. My gs is 5,7.

- Are enchants and gems same for both crit stacker and spirit stacker?

- With my gs, should i get even more gear and then worry about spirit?

- Is spirit stacking any good and is it "viable" on this server?

- Should i buy some spirit items from eof vendors?

( I have little knowledge on other classes and what stats they need, but probably there are some that need spirit. So . . .)
    - In raid, is it wrong if i roll for a spirit item?

I think that's about it. I have a lot of questions as you can see, but don't rush yourself to answer as i have a lot of free time and i don'play that often.
    H! you have few options.

1st you can go with normal gear haste&crit as mages. This option comes with good raid buff and best possible personal dps, demo warlocks can pull and all other specs also.
    2nd you can go mixed gear few off part`s haste&crit and few with spirit + other stat. This option comes with just a tiny better raid buff and less personal dps.
    3rd you can go full off parts with spirit. This option comes with best possible raid buff and worst possible personal dps.
    Enchants&gems are the same for all 3 types.

The way you gonna gear your warlock depend on you. But don't expect to have priority on spirit items over healers and other classes that this gear is bis for them, because for warlock spirit + haste or crit is not a bis item. Is it worth to go full spirit as demo warlock. General answer is YES but that depend exclusively on other players in the raid. If they are not good as healers or spell power dpsers, raid will not notice some difference. The better they are, the better difference raid will notice.

You rarely gonna see any full spirit warlock in end game guilds in this server. Most likely you will see mixed geared or full mage style. The chance to see good demo warlock in raids its`s really low most of them will pull above the tank dps and they will be happy with it. Raid leaders sadly are not pushing this players to improve so as long they are alive and don't forget to attack with pet, they will be happy.

I personally will not advice you to go with sprit items over your bis list which you can find in my guide. If you can put your hands on spirit items until you are still gearing that's fine.

Most common spirit off parts are:

Neck - http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=50609
    Back - http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=50668
    Waist - http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=50702
    Ring - http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=50636
    Off hand - http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=50635
    Wand - http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=50631

3. Thank you so much for your time and effort to make clarification on the topic. It is very helpful and informative.

4. Hello and thanks for a great guide.
    I was just wondering, how come you choose Fel Synergy over Imp healthstone? I play destro and i feel like the imp heathstone would improve the raid more then the synergy? However i just started here on Warmane and i havent played Wotlk since live, so i cant really remember if the imp takes alot of damage on encounter to justify the fel synergy?
    Also i'm playing with friend and we are gonna progress thru 10man all the way. We do not skip content and we do not allow items from higher teirs then our current one. This being said i dont i can ever hit the haste cap since i wont have 25man gear. Therefor i wonder if i should maybe go for all out crit insted? I appriciate all the help i can get. Thank you!

5. H! there and thanks.

This two are personal preference i think, because they are dead points any way. Imp Stone can be good but this depend on few factors. 1st if the person will use it at all, 2nd if the healer will heal you after, 3rd are you gonna make stones for the raid at all ;]/, 4th are you gonna use it when you really need it to cheat dead or just randomly.At the end this 20% will not help much if other factors are not covered.

On the other hand Fel Synergy will help you to keep your pet alive. Pets in general are not taking much dmg but it happens. You will be surprise how many healers don't see pets on their healing addons.
    Which will lead your pet to die.

About crit question. I have to check what`s the gear you can obtain in ICC 10m but im pretty sure you can reach the hit cap, follow with good haste&crit ratio.Haste its always better on low gear levels. Even on high end gear haste and crit are so close that the difference is none to tiny. That depends on fights also more moving fights will benefit haste, fights that you dont move much or at all will benefit more crit.Thats why we want to have decent numbers from both and not focusing on one from both.

6. best guide eu Ceo grats. I finally found something useful about affliction pve

7. best guide eu Ceo grats. I finally found something useful about affliction pve
    Ty mate.
    I update a bit the guide with Q&A section and a bit of formatting because it become a big wall of text;]/

8. Nice guide mate. Just checked your affliction rotations videos and i'm wondering if you can/will share powa config.

edit: what i'm looking for is eradication and life tap glyph config, can't make them work.
    Edited: October 15, 2016

9. i dont have any spirit gear , just 30-40 points coming from spirit gems as well. As a demo lock i think i should replace glypye of life tab with corruption right ?

10. i dont have any spirit gear , just 30-40 points coming from spirit gems as well. As a demo lock i think i should replace glypye of life tab with corruption right ?
    As a total naked lvl80 you get around 165 spirit, then you get extra 30 points with the gems, roughly 200 spirit.
    Now Life Tap is giving you about 20% of your Spirit into sp. So for your gear, 40 extra SP.
    And you want to replace this glyph with Corruption, right? Because as the guide says you already should have the Quick Decay one :) You would benefit from this only till the boss' health goes below 35%, because after that you would spam Soul Fire. I don't think this is a good enough trade for the 40 SP you get from the glyph, and you benefit from it at all times.

As a demo lock you are basically a support class. Your job is to gather up as many SP as you can to give a bigger boost to the raid. Demonic pact OPOP
    So 40 sp would be a big dps loss (not only for you, but for the whole raid) for some extra shadow bolts, what you can get off.

11. Nice guide mate. Just checked your affliction rotations videos and i'm wondering if you can/will share powa config.

edit: what i'm looking for is eradication and life tap glyph config, can't make them work.
    Sure mate. Below you can find video how you can do that by yourself it`s for all important buffs/debuffs/curses we have. Enjoy.
    Spoiler: Show

i dont have any spirit gear , just 30-40 points coming from spirit gems as well. As a demo lock i think i should replace glypye of life tab with corruption right ?

That will be one of the worst trades you will make. We speak so much about this and there is information in my guide and few other threads why is not better to do it. Nemmish give you some information about it also.
    Edited: October 19, 2016

12. rc100 have affliction warlocks been nerfed in the past 5 months? i have screenshots of me doing 16-17k dps on voa frost boss and 17k in toc 25 on bosses, now i came back and i do 4-5k dps less? idk whats wrong

13. rc100 have affliction warlocks been nerfed in the past 5 months? i have screenshots of me doing 16-17k dps on voa frost boss and 17k in toc 25 on bosses, now i came back and i do 4-5k dps less? idk whats wrong
    We are playing now on new core. No more buff stacking like before and a lot fixes. General dps is lower than before for every class, but affliction warlock is still competitive as dps. Practice a bit and you get back on track ;]/

14. rc100, is it worth it for a fully bis lock with 1531 haste atm to sacrifice some spellpower by switching some spellpower gems to haste and/or using 40 haste 40 stamina food to reach the 1616 haste cap?

15. rc100, is it worth it for a fully bis lock with 1531 haste atm to sacrifice some spellpower by switching some spellpower gems to haste and/or using 40 haste 40 stamina food to reach the 1616 haste cap?
    Hm BIS warlock with gems for bonuses have like 1580-1 if im not mistaken haste but anyway.
    Yes mate swap few 23 spell power gems with 12 spell power 10 haste gems to reach 1616 and you will notice the difference, make sure you are in range of the shaman haste totem when you raid. In order to benefit fully from that haste you need to have Balance Druid and Shaman with haste totem in the raid.

Don`t use food or anything else in order to reach the haste just use gems.
    Edited: October 21, 2016

First ... 34567 ... Last