1. How many months before fel iron fix?

Is this ever going to be fixed?

I just spend 35 minutes flying around hellfire at 4:30 am and I havent found A SINGLE fel iron node.

#proffesionsmather

2. Pretty sure there is no time frame as to when this issue will be fixed. Something to do with the nodes shearing a re spawn timer with other things. Though i am not 100% on that.

3. Pretty sure there is no time frame as to when this issue will be fixed. Something to do with the nodes shearing a re spawn timer with other things. Though i am not 100% on that.
    i think fel iron is working perfectly fine its just way too many people looking for it.i am leveling miing/engenering didnt have much of a problem with finding fel iron ore to reach 350 engenering.

4. No it is not.

From retail guide to fel iron:
    "
    5. Mining Fel Iron Ore in Hellfire Peninsula

Pretty self-explanatory...

Even though Fel Iron belongs to TBC, Hellfire Peninsula is still a noteworthy zone for those who want to make some quick gold. The ore sells extremely well, because people still skill up Engineering, Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting, which leads to a high demand of this.

Make sure you have an epic flyer for this to work well. Here's what I ended up with in 20 minutes. If your server also allows for these ridiculous overprices on fel iron ore, try this route out.

Item

Gold

Fel Iron Ore (78)

166g70s

Primal Earth (0.6)

1g70s

Primal Fire (1.6)

28g90s
    "

So this guy spent 20 MINUTES farming fel iron and got 78 fel iron ores.
    I spent 35 minutes at 4:30 am with not even 30 people online in hellfire and i got 0 fel iron ores.
    Assuming I am the only one farming i should get +-136 fel iron ores/35 minutes but instead i got 0.

5. in total i've managed to farm three nodes myself from Hellfire; third I managed to get was respawned to the same location as second. No way its that rare because of people actively farming them away...

6. I think some mod posted that it's related to some other core issue and it will be fixed once that gets fixed...

It took me 3-4 days to get past fel iron in engineering, it should've taken <2 hours.

7. i think fel iron is working perfectly fine its just way too many people looking for it.i am leveling miing/engenering didnt have much of a problem with finding fel iron ore to reach 350 engenering.
    Yeh it's not working fine, one way you can tell this via what little amount and how high prices are on the Auction House.

8. These fel iron threads keep popping now and again and I still don't understand it. I've never had any issues leveling up my blacksmithing on BC release, which was the worst since it was being farmed 24/7, I never had issues farming it during BC or after WOTLK release and I'm pretty sure respawn rates improved recently since it's much easier to find it. Past few days it's adamantite that went scarce. I even saw some people wanting to trade 20 fel iron ores for 20 adamantite ones, yesterday. I think it's fine, it's just being farmed, a lot.

9. These fel iron threads keep popping now and again and I still don't understand it. I've never had any issues leveling up my blacksmithing on BC release, which was the worst since it was being farmed 24/7, I never had issues farming it during BC or after WOTLK release and I'm pretty sure respawn rates improved recently since it's much easier to find it. Past few days it's adamantite that went scarce. I even saw some people wanting to trade 20 fel iron ores for 20 adamantite ones, yesterday. I think it's fine, it's just being farmed, a lot.
    Then where is it all going? Why are prices for fel iron so high? Why that guy on retail got 70 ores in 20 minutes, yet it took me 3-4 days (probably about 30 hours or more combined) of constant farming to get about 100 ?

Respawn times go up to a few hours, that is not normal.

10. Then where is it all going? Why are prices for fel iron so high? Why that guy on retail got 70 ores in 20 minutes, yet it took me 3-4 days (probably about 30 hours or more combined) of constant farming to get about 100 ?

Respawn times go up to a few hours, that is not normal.
    Respawn rates aren't like in retail. It's all going into people leveling up their professions, remember this realm is still rather new, thats why prices are so high. This is me farming minutes ago during the hide and seek event, that's what 10 min? http://i.imgur.com/qLo3TKH.png

11. Then maybe they got fixed or you got lucky and no-one farmed before you, but I can tell you I've watched 4 seasons of south park while doing nothing else but flying around looking for fel iron.

12. Respawn rates aren't like in retail. It's all going into people leveling up their professions, remember this realm is still rather new, thats why prices are so high. This is me farming minutes ago during the hide and seek event, that's what 10 min? http://i.imgur.com/qLo3TKH.png
    You misunderstand. It isnt that it does not spawn period, its that the timer for it is insanely long. As to you getting the ore, from your screen you were in SMV, which is a fairly underutilized zone. Nobody had been there to mine in a while most likely. I have fits and starts where ill get lucky and hit a string of nodes in the less traveled outland zones. But hellfire has 345 nodes, and by design is supposed to get you past your fel iron needs, much like nagrand by design is supposed to get you past your adamantite needs.

These threads arent posted on a whim. There is an actual problem. But Obnoxious made a post about it, they are aware, and it will be fixed someday.

13. The rate is definitely borked. I ran a tract last night from Hellfire Peninsula, through Zangarmarsh, and then Nagrand for 3+ hours NONSTOP...I did not have a single node show up on my minimap and I know where the majority of the nodes actually spawn.

I also ran into exactly 2 people flying (who didn't appear to be node farming) the entire 3+ hours (except in Hellfire, where there were multiple flyers)....

I think people get real confused because when the server resets, it appears to respawn the nodes...so people see that initial jump in nodes and figure it is ok...however once they've been mined, they don't show back up...not for hours on end or another server reset....this is also only happening or appears to only be happening in TBC. (I haven't checked northrend, but old world is perfectly fine)...I ran over every cave in Nagrand last night and saw 0 adamantite, although all the ogres were standing in front of every cave like usual (indicating that no one was mining them and killing the mobs on the way in like you usually would)....

There are plenty of people who suggest running instances to get the ore since ore spawns in instances seem to be ok (but requires instance resets to get more ores)...the problem with this is of course levelers have no way to get to nodes in these instances and would need a group to do so...and with the dungeon finder intentionally disabled...doesn't make it really possible to skill up reliably that way unless you way over rate the zone....

14. Here is place where you can farm 20 damantine ores and about 10-16 fel iron ores each run - http://www.wowhead.com/object=181555...sit#map:3715.1 . You are weclome.

15. You misunderstand. It isnt that it does not spawn period, its that the timer for it is insanely long. As to you getting the ore, from your screen you were in SMV, which is a fairly underutilized zone. Nobody had been there to mine in a while most likely. I have fits and starts where ill get lucky and hit a string of nodes in the less traveled outland zones. But hellfire has 345 nodes, and by design is supposed to get you past your fel iron needs, much like nagrand by design is supposed to get you past your adamantite needs.

These threads arent posted on a whim. There is an actual problem. But Obnoxious made a post about it, they are aware, and it will be fixed someday.
    The moment I took the screenshot was at the entrance of SMV, half of the fel irons where mined in Terrokar.

Here's the thing and I am repeating myself here again, "mining for 2 hours without seeing a single fel iron vein?" --- never happened to me since BC release. I go on mining sprees to mine adamantite for an hour or two, fel iron is a side bonus for me. I always get at least 3 stacks of ore, the most I've gotten was 9, not too bad considering it's just a bonus. Are the respawn timers like retail? Of course not. The Vanilla nodes have/had the same issue. I actually timed the Vanilla nodes while leveling BS 2 months ago, it was 40 minutes. Nobody complained about that. But if you're going to limit yourself to just Hellfire Peninsula, of course fel iron is going to be rare. That place is being farmed by everyone, from levels 60s to 80s.

12 Last