1. This server will become P2W ?

MARKETPLACE COIN RESTRICTIONS:
    - Items available will be 1 Tier below items obtainable in-game until all content is released in all modes

If im not mistaken, doesn't this mean that Lordaeron will still be pay to win afetr all?
    Seams as if the moment ICC 25hc ( or what ever is the last raid ) gets released all of a sudden people will be able to donate all the gear they want with just some minor restriction that wouldnt eaven be a barrier for people with loads of cash and rich parents? With this many people if i'm not mistaken the server should be fine with just expensive mounts and vanity items.

2. They have to make some money, you know. I'm fine with that.

3. yes from what i understand, depending on how fast raids get released this could be up to 2 years. it is a great business model because in those 2 years other servers might become dead, still a HUGE pop on lord, fixes ported after. warmane could become a 3 server operation with great cash flow and fixed content for everyone(along with the "server first nerds" being satisfied) cheers for reals

4. as i understand it people will always be able to donate 1 tier below best gear, in this case 264 ilvl when icc hc is released. Hopefully im not wrong

5. as i understand it people will always be able to donate 1 tier below best gear, in this case 264 ilvl when icc hc is released. Hopefully im not wrong
    Sounds about right

6. Pay to win means obtaining gear unobtainable by playing.

So no, it won't be pay to win, but pay to skip content, which is, imo, the stupidest thing to do.. (I'm paying to NOT play ? Why would anyone do that)

7. Umm, no, pay to win is pay to win, meaning paying users get advantage over not paying players.

8. Umm, no, pay to win is pay to win, meaning paying users get advantage over not paying players.
    exactly this, i can see it already, full pvp players with no raid achivements entering arenas with full hc trinkets.
    To say the least

9. They need to get normal versions of the items through raiding before being able to donate the hc version.

10. By your definition, retail is "pay to win," since someone on a free account will have limited access, and paying subscribers will have a multitude of "advantages," like access to the whole game.

The only "advantage" will be not having to grind for certain equipment. If that makes it "pay to win" to you, have a blast thinking so. Just don't forget free players are getting to "leech to win" because someone else is donating.

11. Here are opinions you can find by googling "what is pay to win".

"Pay to Win. Saying that something is pay to win implies that the items available to the individual in the cash shop are either not available in game (or a comparable item is not available in game), and therefore gives an unfair advantage, or that the item provides you with a way to negate the skill of the other players. It means that by throwing $$$ at the game you can buy yourself the top spot so to speak."

"I see pay to win as being able to purchase items that cannot be obtained anywhere else, or that take an unreasonably long amount of time to get otherwise."

"Buying gear that cannot be obtained or has no equivalent in game that gives you an advantage"

"Pay to Win would be when they introduce gear (or otherwise similar means) to attain stats that give you an actual gameplay advantage over everyone else, and that it can't be obtained without shelling out the real money."

"Another example is EXP boosts, all they do is speed up what you would otherwise achieve naturally. Whether it takes you 3 weeks or 3 days, leveling isn't particularly hard."

"An example of actual pay to win for me, would be if they introduced a full set of armor that is 30 ilvls above what you can get in raids. Because no matter how skilled you are, or how dedicated you are, or how much time you invest in the game, if you don't shell out the real money, you'll always underperform more than the ones forking over the cash."

12. can any staff member explain pls how exactly this "updrage" will work.
    what i am asking is if i have t9 then ICC release can i intantly donate for t10?and this t10 will be normal or hc?and also will i be able to donate to updrage my t9 to t10 normal and then t10 hc?
    also will that work the same for PVP sets?because this mean if i am full furious and new season come i can donate for full reletness istantly and next season for wrathfull?if we had 3 months long seasons till we get to next one with new gear i am sry but this will be 100% p2w since most players wont be able to get full set pvp gear before season end.only the weapon cost 4500ap and total cost of set is like 9k ap.if you are 2k rating you get 800 ap thats 17+ weeks at 2k+ rating to get set and weapon.on other hand whoever can donate will get them same week as season start.
    will be nice if someone can explain in details how exactly gear upgrade via donating will work.
    Edited: December 30, 2015

13. With the coin costs for items, you'd have to dump quite a bit of money to get a full set of gear.

14. Pay to win means obtaining gear unobtainable by playing.

So no, it won't be pay to win, but pay to skip content, which is, imo, the stupidest thing to do.. (I'm paying to NOT play ? Why would anyone do that)
    Not everyone enjoys grinding.

15. Not everyone enjoys grinding.
    Then you've picked the wrong game.
    Go play retail, everything is handed to you there.

I don't get it. Why would any sane person buy gear so they can skip content.. isn't the game about obtaining said gear ?
    If you don't want to grind, there's always Blackrock for PvP and rag/dw for PvE.

12311 ... Last