1. Deathwing Gold Inflation Crisis

As you all know, the extension on Deathwing server of the snowmen and Cow level events allowed for ridiculous over-farming and mass exploitation, as people had enough time to do them over and over and over on many different characters. The result of this has been a MASSIVE influx of new gold that shouldn't have existed in the first place, but now we're left with it. What does that mean for the long-term? Well there are gold sinks like the AH and repairs and whatnot to chip away at inflation, but it will be some time before it is all chipped away enough to where things settle back down to the levels they were before these Christmas events. Thus, the price of many trade goods, armor, and weapons has increased significantly, and the sudden introduction of millions of new gold has now made gold worth much less than it was before...

More surprisingly, I remember browsing the gold market on the Warmane store before these Christmas events, and there was about 500k-800k being sold at any given time. I checked the gold store section again a little while ago, and the results were staggering. I used a calculator and added it all up. This is what I got...

http://imgur.com/EeWbmVS

With the gold I bought a few days ago at 230k, Deathwing server now has around TEN MILLION gold in its store within less than a month. And that's just gold that's being sold, not to mention all the gold that isn't being sold that came from those events. And with all the EoF and EoT that people massively farmed on all of their characters, the gems market has ballooned. My friends, we are now in an economic market crash. Gold, if it has not already become so, is about to become worthless.

2. Even gold beggars are asking for 500g instead of ~10g now :3

3. The events should never have awarded anything with the potential to alter the server's economy like this. Rewards such as gear or mounts, or some other kind of non-exchangeable currency would've better than gold and EoF.

4. The events should never have awarded anything with the potential to alter the server's economy like this. Rewards such as gear or mounts, or some other kind of non-exchangeable currency would've better than gold and EoF.
    Totally agree price of BoE in-game AH are absurd atm just give it like 2 months hopefully things will be back to normal.

5. Maybe this is a good time to cut and sell my 500+ epic gems. Although I already had gold cap prior to this anyway...

6. Maybe this is a good time to cut and sell my 500+ epic gems. Although I already had gold cap prior to this anyway...
    Oh my, you're so special...

7. Oh my, you're so special...
    Oh my, you're so salty...

8. Maybe this is a good time to cut and sell my 500+ epic gems. Although I already had gold cap prior to this anyway...
    Implying gold cap + 500 gems is much in this realm.

Also, 500 - 600 gold per flask since the cow thingy is kind of irritating.
    Edited: January 9, 2016

9. Implying gold cap + 500 gems is much in this realm.

Also, 500 - 600 gold per flask since the cow thingy is kind of irritating.
    I was selling flasks for 900+ before the cows came.

10. Time to raise the interest rates boys! Lol jk

@Jarus

Eventually, the amount of gold will run out and it will stabilize as it used to be before the events. It may be later than sooner considering the amount of time the events were up and the amount of toons that did them.

As for now, there will be some inflation on almost everything i guess.

11. I made pretty big amount of gold in this post even times selling all kind of proffession stuff :D so i liked it xD now when it goes back to normal ill have a big amount of gold to splash on stuff ill need xD