1. Ore Veins In Azeroth And Outland

Do they have the same spawn locations as on retail? a good example might be

http://www.wowhead.com/object=1733/silver-vein#comments

Silver veins I looked around in ghostlands in all of the spots and didnt find 1 single silver vein

2. Wowhead cords are for MoP or whatever the patch is, so dont look on it if you re trying to farm something. Yea some of the ores are the same but most of them are in different zones. sorry for bad englando

3. All of the dots you see on that map are POSSIBLE spawn locations. That doesn't mean they should spawn at all locations at once. Maybe you knew this already, but I wanted to make sure it was clear.

4. All of the dots you see on that map are POSSIBLE spawn locations. That doesn't mean they should spawn at all locations at once. Maybe you knew this already, but I wanted to make sure it was clear.
    Yes I do know that another question after reading through the comments on wowhead is that Tin Veins have a rare chance if mined would be replaced with a Silver Vein does this work properly on here though :o

Edit: Proven correct after coming back to the Tin Vein I mined like 10mins ago a Silver vein did actually spawn! it has a very rare chance to do so.

Edit2: The same thing applies to gold when you mine a iron vein it has a very small chance to respawn as gold after.
    Edited: January 12, 2016

5. Get the gatherer addon and mine them for a few times, you'll get a server pattern eventually.

Every spawn has a chance of being a "rare" one, like silver, titanium, adamntium, etc.

You can look at other sites for the spawns, but I'd say the really best way to know for sure how they work is to mine yourself for a few times, probably a few runs/day for a week will most likely give you the exact locations, but even if u do a few in a day you'll have a decen view of how they spawn.

6. Edit2: The same thing applies to gold when you mine a iron vein it has a very small chance to respawn as gold after.
    Same thing happens with Truesilver & Mithril/Thorium.
    Same thing happens with Khorium & Adamantite/Fel Iron.
    Same thing happens with Titanium & Saronite.
    etc