1. ...This puts that person at a ratio of .1 while everyone else in the guild was .8 and higher. Essentially meaning this person had to go 5-8 weeks of raiding without receiving any gear. This hurts the raid because it just puts that person right back in the same position they were in when they first joined... BEHIND! ...
    First, I think you mixed up the names for EP and GP. The ratio should be EP/GP where EP is awared for raids and GP is awared for getting gear.

This looks to me like there was no decay implemented in the EPGP system. This should avoid people hoarding points to get to insane ratios and thus giving a big advantage to veteran players. A good EPGP system would make it possible that after a certain number of raids for example, the old EP are not worth mentioning anymore and only the more recent raids take a big weight in the priortiy.
    Also how is it unfair if a new player gets immediately geared by the guild by getting a lot of gear and then maybe wont get that highly expected piece of loot that many people were waiting for? This in my opinion is not unfair, but indeed actually helps new players to catch up gear wise and help the raid.

Of course, a loot council is also possible, but it requires trust into the leadership and the leadership always needs to keep an eye to not benefit certain people more than others.

2. [
    Spoiler: Show
    Honestly EPGP isn't worth a **** either. It's still a point system which are inherently broken. DKP has the issue where it's very hard for new members to catch up because the seasoned members have far more DKP than them. EPGP kinda solves this problem by making it a system of ratios, but it still has one glaring issue and that is that when new member first joins, lots of gear is being funneled to them because the seasoned members don't need it. However, they are still being charged EP for the items and receiving very little GP in return.

I've seen it happen where one person upon joining a new guild spent 10,000 EP inside of like 2 weeks worth of raids, but only receive about 1,000 GP during that same time period. This puts that person at a ratio of .1 while everyone else in the guild was .8 and higher. Essentially meaning this person had to go 5-8 weeks of raiding without receiving any gear. This hurts the raid because it just puts that person right back in the same position they were in when they first joined... BEHIND!

I personally would never recommend a Point based system to any guild. They are inherently broken and the best way to distribute loot is Via Loot Council. it requires strong and honest leadership to really accomplish anything with Loot Council, but lets be honest. It requires Strong and Honest leadership to sustain a good guild no matter what.

Some addons have dkp decay(every week/month everyone will lose % of current dkp)-i think that this will fix the problem with some players stacking DKP.For everything else - i've raided a lot in the past(not anymore) and i can tell you from my exp that its not fair for some random new player in the guild to join and win something that others have waited for months and have helped the guild a lot in the past.DKP is something that will help you to avoid this and make your guild members more active.

3. New guild with not much member, just use /roll and as for crucial items such as tank trinkets, you can just directly give it to someone who you think would benefit your guild the most.
    As for the more established guild, DKP is the way to go since there is too many players to keep an eye on. Theres no such thing as Dkp hoarding since those dkp are hard earned through raiding. Wouldnt it be more unfair for someone who contribute lesser to get more priority on items. If you think the leadership is corrupted and scamming dkp for themselves then its time to look for a new guild. As for the argument about new players not getting any items, its just that the guild you are in suck. Well established guild for on item many good items for the bare minimum. If you are truely loyal and active, the dkp system will benefit you.

4. Thread necromancy is bad. Please make a new thread if you wish to discuss this subject.

First 12