1. LFG- RP [H]{Frostwolf}

Hello all! I’m looking for leveling buddies on Frostwolf but I wanted to try something different this time- I want to form a group of a few select people in which I can level, instance, and most importantly; ROLEPLAY WITH THROUGH OUT! This means that once the few have been selected- or enough people sign up, and we all reach level 10 – we will meet in a major Horde city and start to roleplay ALL FUTURE, EVERYTHING!

Example; You go to the barrens and pick up a quest to collect ten giraffe butts- we’re gonna ROLEPLAY COLLECTING THEM! That’s correct- every kill- every loot, roleplay killing it and cutting off the girraff butt. Cursing may be heard, questioning characters reasons for doing so may be frequent but it should be more fun than just picking up a quest and doing it. The purpose here is to make lasting stories and character bonds throughout the leveling process, not just collect giraffe butts and on to the next.

On (hopefully rare) days when the scheduling is off, we can just meet with those online and RP at some tavern for a bit so we don’t out level each other.

Disclaimer: If you cannot be on from 8pm to 11pm EST (Eastern Standard Time) once per week – you must be willing to commit to a weekly leveling cap of 2 to 5 levels per week AND be able to meet in game once a week, keeping frequent updates via THIS forum thread in order to participate and be on top of updated scheduling.

I also request you are fluent in English.

Level 10 Brief: My character is looking for mercenaries and guides to accompany her as she travels through the world of Azeroth. She can pay those willing to take up her offer, 2 silver per day. An increased amount will be offered as the missions (QUESTS and INSTANCES WE WILL RUN WHILE LEVELING AND ROLEPLAYING) get more difficult.

Essentially, I am looking for a leveling buddy who WILL NOT OUT-LEVEL my toon I roll STRICTLY FOR ROLEPLAY WHILE QUESTING AND INSTANCING.

This is a commitment I expect those interested to uphold.

If you want to keep leveling the character we roll together, with the intention of leveling together; you will have to stay with-in two levels higher or lower than my character in order to continue.

If you wanna keep playing but don’t wanna wait- roll an alt. It’s that simple.

If heirloom pieces are causing you to out-level my / the groups toons at a faster rate doing the same quests- take them off.

If you wish to participate, please pick (preferably) two of the following days you wish to level on and make sure you can commit to the following times. In the event of rescheduling, I would greatly appreciate 24 hour’s notice.

Monday 8pm-10:30pm EST
    Tuesday 8pm-10:30pm EST
    Friday 8pm-12pm EST
    Saturday 11pm-3am EST
    Sunday 8pm-10:30pm EST

If you are interested and can commit to one or two of the days above, please let me know what days and times below along with your characters in game name, class, a brief backstory.

Depending on how well you follow these simple directions for your posts below will tell me if you’ve read this whole thing or not and understand what you are committing too.

You may begin leveling but PLEASE STOP at level 10 for your starter toon to secure his or her name for future scheduling. Level 5 will also allow you to pick up your professions and rolls in instances.

Hope to adventure with you soon!

Side note: I wish to roll either an undead or BE monk for future tanking purposes but in the event someone wants to roll a monk, I’ll go rogue.

2. Oooooh, count me in!!! This is exactly the kind of MMO RP I've been yearning for! On the Horde, I'm playing as my Blood Elf Mage Lysarra. She's level 15, but she's still on the starting zone quests and all. if you wanna start this up soon, add me and send me a message!

3. Hello Lysarra - I've added you to my friends list and will be looking for you on Friday if you would like to quest.
    The character I have rolled is a BELF Monk named Sylvannar.

Please name some days and times (as listed above or by realm time; 1am to 3:30am = 8pm to 11:30 EST) you can be on to level with me and I'll raise the starting cap to 15. I think im going to have to anyway as by the time you complete all starting quests without killing ANY extra mobs in the blood elf starting area, you hit level 10 and become revered with Silvermoon.

Good news- you can purchase a [Silvermoon Satchel] if you have a gold and some silver with revered rep! 16 slot bag right off the batt!

I also suggest you download the addon TRP2 Version 1033. It's good for 'at a glance'- 'mouse over' information on characters.

Hope to see you Friday.

Later Edit: Level cap increased to 15 before we start.
    All faction (Quarter master npcs sell) can be purchased and equipt without gaining revered reputation with that faction. Must be a glitch. Hop over to Orgrimmar when you get a few gold and buy each factions bag. All 16 slotters. Thats great for starting toons.
    Side note: I'm taking herbalism and inscription on the monk. I think I can make it work for the RP.
    Edited: January 28, 2016

4. Hello!
    I will add both of you in my list.

Unfortunately I am not able to make all times but I do sooooooo support this idea!
    We have contact.
    I made a character. Find me; Gannar.

May the sun be a mirror to our greatness.

- Kraai

5. There use to be a cross faction role playing group that were occasionally on.

I sometimes join them, something involving a detective orc guy and some half-wit human side-kicked. Side the fix of the chat with other faction, these guys have been disbanded.

If you do something RP, I may probably join you since the group I've mention is done.

6. I'm a no-lifer for the time being, so I'm available every day from pretty much anywhere to 12pm to 12am PST (with breaks in between, of course xD). I don't know what server time conversion is for my timezone, which means it'll involve math - something I am deathly allergic to, I'm afraid.

What's funny is I was actually sporting Inscription & Herbalism myself! But, don't worry, I can easily change it. Especially since I was really gunning for Enchanting, but couldn't think of a secondary talent to go with it. ^^; I'm sure I'll think of something!

7. Hey all!

Kraai-
    Please let me know when Gannar hits level 15. I also humbly request you post his class and a brief backstory here with the times you can be avaliable on the weekend - sunday, I'll do the time zone conversion unless you give me realm time. I know most of the info from pms but I'd like to use this thread to keep planning visible to all who want to join in.

Blackshroud-
    If you would like to join this please reread the 1st post so you know what you would be committing to answer the few questions. The more the merrier but you gotta read and let me know the things asked for in that post.

Symphonia - Enchanting and Tailoring work wonderfully together. You can make bags and transmogs ingame with mats from both at endgame.
    Let me know either realm time and/or your time zone times you can be on and I'll do the math and convert it for you on when we can meet up to quest and rp.
    Also- please remember, in agreeing to this you can only level your alt mage with us- if you want to keep leveling or playing, please roll an alt.

If all else fails with time limitations we could do quotas for weekly levels and meet at taverns once a week or roleplay on forums depending on what areas were in in game. For example, we get to level 20 and meet at ratchet tavern either on forum thread or ingame.

I'd really like to quest with everyone though so let's try and make thisnwork. Send me your times you can be on this Friday and sunday- make sure to include your time zone abreviation and realm time.

Thanks! Hope to see you soon!

8. Hello all,
    --------
    Gannar ((Holy Paladin)) [lvl 15]:
    As a dedicated follower of Lady Liadrin and proud novice of the Blood Knights, Gannar is learning to embrace the power of the light.
    Formerly under guidance and training of Lord Solanar Bloodwrath, and now on a journey to learn and understand these ((relative)) new powers.
    The taint of the fel energies is still faintly present in his body, he feels it. But his believe in the light makes him determined to not give up his search.
    Struggling with the morals of his leader Lady Liadrin concerning the Alliance and the Shattered Sun Offensive, Gannar focusses on his training.
    Hoping he will gradually come to understand his ideas of his leader.
    Gannar, generally considered vain and focussed on himself, has a deep love for his people and hopes to one day be a strong nation again. If this means to fight for his survival or kill for the good of the race, he will do this with pride. Controlling the light is what matters, and with this power reenforce the nation of the Blood Elves.
    -----
    This weekend I could be online at the following times:
    (I did some calculations)
    Saturday 3pm - 5pm EST (in my time 9pm - 11 pm)
    Sunday 3pm - 5pm EST

May the sun warm your body and scorch your enemies.

- Kraai

9. (I did some calculations)
    Saturday 3pm - 5pm EST (in my time 9pm - 11 pm)
    Sunday 3pm - 5pm EST

May the sun warm your body and scorch your enemies.

- Kraai
    Awesome!

That works for me on Sunday-now calculating symphonia's time of PST; that would be 12 pm to 2pm PST time.

Would you guys be ok with getting to level 20 before Sunday and then meeting in orgrimmars second bar/tavern in the valley of honor?
    Or would you prefer a tavern in blood elf area as we are all elves?

Keep me posted! :)

10. Actually, I mentioned this idea to one of my friends who is very interested (if a little disappointed at the fact that it's Horde-based), and they mentioned possibly wanting to play a Troll character. Personally, I like the idea of Blood Elves meeting in Blood Elf territory (as it probably will be the easiest starting point for both my and Kraai's characters especially), but if we decide to meet somewhere else, that works just as well for me too! I've already concocted a plotline for my character that would take her out of Silvermoon and put her with the rest of the gang, no matter where the gang might be.

Although, I do REALLY hate Orgrimmar... In truth, most of the Horde-friendly areas in Kalimdor just annoy me. They're so ugly and brown. If it's possible to put it to a vote, I'd say we should start near the Undercity, or somewhere else in the Eastern Kingdoms. Because verdant green is a much more appealing aesthetic to me than dirt and rocks and desolation.

Since Blood Elves are led down the questline to meet with Sylvannas (if I remember right, it's been a long time since I actually did the BE questline) it could work out well for us three, too.

11. Update: Cap will now be 20 to start if were meeting Saturday.
    I'm holding off on continuing leveling from level 15 because I want you two to confirm this is ok before I level to 20.
    Until then, ill be picking flowers.

Here's the horde bar we were to meet at (http://i.imgur.com/2DYA2qA.jpg) but in consideration of us all being elves thus far; I'd be ok with one of the bars in Silvermoon before we go off into the world together.

One of the things I will not change is faction for this roleplay.
    If your troll friend would like to join us, awesome- if not; there is plenty of alliance RP out there on frostwolf.

I'm grateful your forward with your requests but the dirt, grit, and primal nature of the horde is what i like. It differs from the alliance in many ways but one of the ways I really like is how the Horde is a band of different races with different cultures banded together to stand against one, against the Alliance! If nothing else, its survival. We could go on about all the ways the alliance and horde differ but the fact is we will be adventuring in the dirty, gritty, rough land space of the hot and dry barrens, the rotting and smelly lands of the forsaken, every where we go we will see struggle and encounter new and different ways each race deals with troubles and be there to experience it as fel-tainted elves.

This is active travel RP - we're only starting in the tavern because we need a place to meet.

If you want to level with him on the alliance- please do so but if you both are looking to this thread as a means of solid RP with planning and events pre-sceduled, the more the merrier- but it will remain horde.

For the Horde.

12. This is the mindset that has been giving me trouble everywhere I go, including Icecrown. I mean, I don't even wear the tabard of the Alliance, or even swore allegiance to the Alliance. The only reason I always visit Alliance towns is only because I am not accepted in Horde's towns.

I have requested the tenth tabard from Mynx in Shadow Vault today. The duchess is starting to question my competency as a Death Knight of the Ebon Blade because some horde adventurers just cannot resist on pushing a gnome off the edge. I don't remember Arly having this kind of trouble, and she's not even wearing our tabard at all!

[/IC]

Nice setting you got there. I don't know too much about Horde and don't plan to reroll one, so here's to hoping I will meet you two somewhere in Barrens as Estus/Estie. No worries, I keep the greatsword and the quickblades on the back and waist

13. The aspects you described of the Horde are all things I admire and respect of the faction. In fact, it annoys me to no end to hear people describe them as the "evil" faction when I'm so fascinated in the lengths they've taken and the things they've done in the name of survival and strength. I love the Horde! I was just bringing up my opinion that the zones in Kalimdor are visually boring and I prefer prettier palettes to play in xD - But, like I said, aside from aesthetics, I don't have any REAL protest to the location as far as lore or RP potential go. (In fact, Lys is a rather uppity person herself, so I doubt she'd have many kind words to say of her surroundings either.)

Question about the tavern. This is in Silvermoon, right? You gave a picture, but the location wasn't explicitly clarified xD

Two ideas (or, well, more like possible points to mention): Taverns are all well and good for meeting, but I'm worried that we might find ourselves STUCK in the tavern and forget to actually progress with the levelling and travelling portion of the RP. Which, well, losing ourselves in the tavern would only mean that the tavern RP is very fun and interesting, so it's not ALL bad to be lost in it, but perhaps if we could just nail down a zone to start our questing in, we could just "happen across" each other and take on the same quests, and use that as a basis for getting to know one another? Really, I guess I'm fine with either direction though, so if this conflicts too much with your plan, don't worry about it. I just like forcing people to listen to my opinions, lol, I'll probably go with anything.

Second point of interest: Should probably be mentioned that people don't need to be involved from the start to jump in later. Something like this is the kind of RP that can probably easily accommodate players coming and going from zone to zone and session to session. So long as interested parties are the same level as the main group and are able to quest in the same zone, I don't see much of a reason as to why they can't fit into the ongoing story somehow.

Also, I... Wouldn't say there's "plenty" of Alliance RP on Frostwolf xD

14. As an Alliance I can confirm that there is nearly no RPer around. I think I've only been on one and that just randomly happened because a Gnome just happened to roleplay a bread seller on a camel. I keep on searching for any The Collectors member in Social menu, no luck.

Goldshire is mostly where I lingered in. Sure a lot of people come and go, but mostly just for showing off how awesome their PvP skills are and a couple of them will call each others n00bs. Half of them does not tolerate hordes visiting the town. One glaring occasion that I will add is when a player scorns RP and tell us to go away from this game because we have no place here. Sad, I know. We have many beautiful places to lay our back on, just to go to waste

And we have beggars in Goldshire, lots of them.

Not sure how the Horde handles it around Durotar, hopefully better

15. To be fair, Goldshire is super boring, so really I see it as more of an opportunity to find cooler, better places to base new RP. (I prefer the tavern in the Mage's Quarter, myself. )

123 ... Last