1. Same Issue

One possible fix to try would be opening the wow.mfil with a texteditor and remove the following lines as blizzard is no longer using a limelight
    Code:
    server=limelight
    	location=http://llnw.blizzard.com/wow-pod-retail/EU/15890.direct/
    Next fix would be after removing those lines would be to change permissions of the wow.mfil file

Remove all write permissions from the WoW.mfil file (command: chmod 555 "/full/path/to/WoW.mfil", if you still have your terminal). If that file's contents aren't exactly what they need to be, or if the file can be written by the WoW client itself, the client won't work and fail to start OR constantly disconnect you while playing.
    I have this same issue and unfortunately, these fixes aren't doing anything for me :( Is there anything else I could try to do?

2. I have this same issue and unfortunately, these fixes aren't doing anything for me :( Is there anything else I could try to do?
    Have you attempted to download thge full image from the links in first post the MEGA or Torrent

3. I apologise for resurrecting this thread, I know it's old. I was hoping to try out MOP, unfortunately the background installer doesn't seem to work, still get the following error on OSX 10.14.6:

"Cannot stream required archive data. Please check the network connection."

I'm trying to get the full image but the torrent has no peers/seeders and so far it's taken me a couple of days to get 10GB of the Mega file due to download restrictions on free Mega accounts. Is anyone able to seed/share please? :)

** EDIT **

Ok so just a little help for anyone who wants to play MOP on Mac and is having the same problem as me with the Download from Mega, or the torrent not being seeded/shared. I managed to get it working by:

- Downloading the full game for Windows via the 'official' torrent on the Warmane page
    - downloaded the background installer for Mac from Mega in this thread
    - Ran the 'xattr -cr' command on the 'World of Warcraft-64' application and launched it to let it create the 'Data' and 'Log' files in the main directory
    - Copied the contents of the 'Data' folder from the Windows client folder to the Mac client folder.

It appears to launch and work ok :)
    Edited: November 29, 2021

4. Hi guys, sorry for digging this out i've installed the client on Monterey and got the move to trash error.

Then run the command

Now the game seems to try to open but after a while i get this message
    https://prnt.sc/26cqsgk

As you can figure it out by this comment, i do have a network connection
    Edited: January 12, 2022 Reason: add comment

5. Hello.
    seems to work, but I'm a "RU" player.
    and I need "Russian language"...
    I changed the language in the game and that's it, the game does not work.

"Unable to stream required archived data. Please check your network connection."

rolled back file /WTF/Config.wtf
    the game works again but the "language is English"

6. Hello.
    seems to work, but I'm a "RU" player.
    and I need "Russian language"...
    I changed the language in the game and that's it, the game does not work.

"Unable to stream required archived data. Please check your network connection."

rolled back file /WTF/Config.wtf
    the game works again but the "language is English"
    That client has only "english" as language.
    When you pick a different language it tries to download the files from blizzard server BUT it is no longer possible

So, if you play MoP with russian language, you need to download a Russian MoP client

7. For everyone having problems with BACKGROUND DOWNLOADER ("Cannot stream required archive data. Please check the network connection.") it does work!
    You have to delete code from the wow.mfil file and change permissions to read-only (because downloader updates the file) BEFORE launching WoW or WoW-64. So if you already launched it, just delete all the files, extract again and do everything needed BEFORE launching WoW, it should take you about 2 minutes to download.

server=limelight

8. accessing .mfil file

So how do you access and delete the code from the wow.mfil file?

edit: opened it with textedit, deleted:

server=limelight

saved, realmlist is set go to open and get the error: “World Of Warcraft” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

and while this could be viewed as a mildly humorous commentary on WoW as a game, i really do want it to work..
    xattr -c command gives me:
    option -/ not recognized
    Edited: December 5, 2022

9. Any idea for Mac with m1 processor?

10. I'm new here and I downloaded the client for Mist and created my account. Whenever I try to connect it only says that the account needs to be converted to battlenet. Why? Is Mist server shut down? How Do I download WOTLK if there's no link for it here?

11. Any idea for Mac with m1 processor?
    NVM I see how to download WOTLK now and the realmlist from MIST torrent, is set up to the wrong address. instead of .com is .ru. Working now !

12. i have this error "World of Warcraft-64 cannot start because a valid graphics processor cannot be found."

First ... 91011