1. May 9, 2016  
    That's dumb, why are we only able to reserve one name?

2. May 9, 2016  
    You can only reserve one name and that name has to belong to your account. It's very simple. The system is working very well right now from what we can see.

3. May 9, 2016  
    I understand this is a merge, so ALL characters will transfer. I'm curious as to how the naming of our other toons will work, aside from the ONE we reserve?

4. May 9, 2016  
    I understand this is a merge, so ALL characters will transfer. I'm curious as to how the naming of our other toons will work, aside from the ONE we reserve?
    I assume it will be first to transfer gets to keep the name. The transfers will be done by people so if you are faster than the person from the other server, gg, the name is yours. Am i wrong mods ?

5. May 9, 2016  
    iSullivan
    Hello Proterean, may I ask in regards with my exp with mass realm transfers (on molten-wow), I know that characters may take up to 2-3 days to appear on the new realm, will they disappear from the old realm as soon as we file for transfer ?

6. May 9, 2016  
    Hello Proterean, may I ask in regards with my exp with mass realm transfers (on molten-wow), I know that characters may take up to 2-3 days to appear on the new realm, will they disappear from the old realm as soon as we file for transfer ?
    You won't be initiating transfers if your last login Is within the last 2-3 months, it will also be much quicker this time

7. May 9, 2016  
    iSullivan
    You won't be initiating transfers if your last login Is within the last 2-3 months, it will also be much quicker this time
    Thank you for the reply, I like this feature it will surely give active players advantage on names that they use but didn't reserve.

8. May 9, 2016  
    Can u please tell me Proterean, when I will transfer my characters to Icecrown realm....will everything be transfered including all my gold from all my characters?I wait an answer please!

9. May 9, 2016  
    Can u please tell me Proterean, when I will transfer my characters to Icecrown realm....will everything be transfered including all my gold from all my characters?I wait an answer please!
    This:

Absolutely nothing will happen to your character besides the following:

Auctions removal
    Mailbox contents removed
    Arena Team(s), MMR, Personal Rating removed/reset
    Guild membership removed
    Instance lockouts removed
    Was mentioned in this thread.

10. May 9, 2016  
    Thanks man for answer, I'm happy to hear that nothing will be cleared:D!

11. May 9, 2016  
    I don't think this merged realm will reach the high12k population of Lordaeron. There's an average of 3k players per day on Deathwing and Ragnaros, so maybe a maximum of 6 to 7k players per day on this merged realm. It's just not as popular as Lordaeron.

12. May 9, 2016  
    Honestly, the lack of BASIC intelligence in this thread is astounding. Warmane made it clear FROM THE FIRST POST, and in all subsequent pages, how the name reservation system would work. If you deleted the redundant and pointless posts from this thread it would be 2 pages long I think. There was never ANY question on how it would work, AT ALL... and STILL there are people asking about things covered ad nauseam by the staff. L2READ, holy ****.

There are however several issues NOT addressed clearly yet, or were only partially / vaguely mentioned. I will quote myself from earlier, in hopes of getting some of that info clarified now:

Except that we will still have to log into the site, go into the transfer area, and actually transfer said character(s) ourselves for that to happen correct? As in, its not just a random automatic process where everyone's characters on both realms get swapped to icecrown by the system, resulting in a jumbled mess of toons on the icecrown list + a bunch in cold storage... I can't imagine that's how it works, but the wording there kinda makes it seem that way.

On that subject, do you have any more specific info on transfers yet btw? For example, if you transfer a character and the name has been taken already... does the transfer still take place and your guy shows up in the icecrown list with the random #s, prompting for a name change on first login? Or does something else happen?

And the same goes for cold storage: Lets say I transfer 10 toons from dw first. Then I have 1 more on rag, so I transfer him as well. Does the rag toon 'bump' a random guy off the icecrown list into cold storage, or does the rag toon just go directly into the storage because the system detected I had max toons there already? When I want to access him (or any toon) in cold storage, how does the injection take place? First toon bumped out, last toon, random toon, my choice, etc?

Also, are there any more details confirming the suspension of creating characters on icecrown yet? I would imagine a 2 week period of NOT being able to create ANY level 1's would be a good time frame, but 1 week would also probably cut it... as long as there IS A BAN on making level 1's (name stealing is a plague on warmane).
    Some more info on that stuff would be great, IF it's available yet. I imagine some of the finer details are still being ironed out, and that's cool, but a heads-up would be great.

13. May 9, 2016  
    I just reserved my mains name(Ragnrs). What will happen with my alts name after merge if same name character also their in other relm(i.e.,deathwing)???

14. May 9, 2016  
    @Proterean
    @Edifice

Can you atleast disable on new realm creating new level 1 character since we can only reserve 1 name and i'm pretty sure some people will try to steal/take others people names.

15. May 9, 2016  
    Will we be able to make lvl1 toons right after merge to snatch names that weren't reserved or the original 2 lvl80 from rag/dw have priority??

First ... 21293031323341 ... Last