1. Tell me more about how you'll have to do work on your "used character's engine" and other worn mechanical and electrical parts.
    No, this isn't like buying an used car. This is like buying a whole character package, which still has to be around the same pricing range of what you can get directly from the Marketplace, for reasons that should be obvious - if the equipment in your character would usually cost 100 coins in the Marketplace you can't expect us to completely implode that by letting the character be sold for whatever much lower value.

Okay, point given, but this is mediocre at best, why would you consider such high prices for characters? If by anything, you promote buying your own gear on the Marketplace rather than people utilizing your Character Trading service.
    What I can do for a suggestion is a suggested market price for the character, with no bars or limitation of how low or high you can go, make it work like an Auction House as well, it will improve trade, revenue, etc.

If, like what you said, character trading goes awry (account hijacking) then you'd have the entire log for it.

The % cut as well is too much as well..

I'm pretty sure what most players (including me) are getting at, is that the current pricing for Character Trading is too unreasonable and too unrealistic..

2. Okay, point given, but this is mediocre at best, why would you consider such high prices for characters? If by anything, you promote buying your own gear on the Marketplace rather than people utilizing your Character Trading service.
    What I can do for a suggestion is a suggested market price for the character, with no bars or limitation of how low or high you can go, make it work like an Auction House as well, it will improve trade, revenue, etc.

If, like what you said, character trading goes awry (account hijacking) then you'd have the entire log for it.

The % cut as well is too much as well..

I'm pretty sure what most players (including me) are getting at, is that the current pricing for Character Trading is too unreasonable and too unrealistic..
    The costs on character trading are still being tweaked, and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended being slightly lower than what you find in the Marketplace, but not by a large margin. Otherwise we might as well scrap the Marketplace. I really don't think the point of character trading ever was to make the Marketplace (and its costs) obsolete and everyone using it as an easier and cheaper version.

3. Who would pay this for my druid? You gotta be totally insane.

And this is the minimum price put by Warmane system.

4. I bought every single item with coins after Moltdown cause I had 11k coins. Every single, including Ashen ring, I thought I could equipt it wihtout farming rep, lmfao
    Well yeah, but that's cuz u had sheetload coins, but now?
    Would you do that again or buy a better hc item and work out few bg?
    All those offsets are 22coins in market, but obtainable so easy.
    So if you have BiS pvp+hc offset, but u have in bag your WF offset, those bring up ur char price.
    Yes, those items worth a lot more coins but also lowers your chance to actualy sell the char, since some1 could chose to buy a char with same exact BiS items but without those ****y WF offsets because they can farm those easy in bg, therefore you lose.

5. The costs on character trading are still being tweaked, and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended being slightly lower than what you find in the Marketplace, but not by a large margin. Otherwise we might as well scrap the Marketplace. I really don't think the point of character trading ever was to make the Marketplace (and its costs) obsolete and everyone using it as an easier and cheaper version.
    The problem with your market value prices on the Character Trading system is what I believe to be to adding coin value to every item the player owns, thus, increasing the price of the coin value, possibly unintentional, but it drives potential buyers away when they see a 6k GS geared Paladin at a market value of 500+ coins, which is unreasonable for 1 character.

The main point of Character Trading (imo) is to offer players an alternative and cost-effective way to play a new character without the hassle of going on the marketplace, buying everything, then gearing the character up, doing raids, setting everything up, or even getting items unattainable through regular means (Gladiator titles, etc, realm firsts).

6. i have a qustion... 1-can we gift the coin that we get through selling char2- if it possible.can we send it to a non permuim acc?
    you have to wait 72 Hours before being able to send those Coins as Gift, more info here : http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=327127

7. The main point of Character Trading (imo) is to offer players an alternative and cost-effective way to play a new character without the hassle of going on the marketplace, buying everything, then gearing the character up, doing raids, setting everything up, or even getting items unattainable through regular means (Gladiator titles, etc, realm firsts).
    From my point of view, the point was allowing people who want to let go of old, geared characters they aren't interested in anymore to meet people who want a "full package" character, but without "cost-effectiveness" meaning throwing Marketplace costs down the drain. As I said just a post ago, this isn't and was never intended to be a way to avoid the Marketplace costs and get stuff much cheaper.

8. I have a problem. Im trying to sell one of my characters and the price is higher than the minimum one. Still im getting error saying that the price has to be between minimum price and 10k. It clearly is but i still cant sell it. Any ideas?
    having the same problem, anyone knows what to do?

9. You could whitelist certain items to be valued, avoiding the ones that have 0 value on realms like Ragnaros or Deathwing (e.g. dungeon gear).

10. You could whitelist certain items to be valued, avoiding the ones that have 0 value on realms like Ragnaros or Deathwing (e.g. dungeon gear).
    People could sell that sort of item and not leave them in their bags bloating the cost too, which is likely much, much simpler.

11. Given the current incarnation of the character sell system this indeed seems to be the course of action. Little reason to keep anything `sides a full set of gear, preferrably BiS. Delete the rest.
    I don`t think that a system like that is much appealing

The problem is that characters have a diminishing return, ie a toon that as a single set of fullbis items is very likely to be worth at least 300 coins, but one with three sets for three specs isn`t worth 900, nor is one with a BiS set and a few crappy offspec items.
    You must also consider the fact that you will find a reasonable amount of people who can justify spending $250 on a toon, but I very much doubt you will find anyone at all who is willing to spend $1000 on one.

12. i spent about 200 coins on xmogs on my mage i don't use, if I delete them will my price go down ?

13. Why cant we put price we want? hmm

14. I'll give my POV on regards of this pricing, which I find insane. Let's take this example, it might be a real scenario.

Example: Player A wants to sell his mage, this mage has 24 items and is valued at 577. He tries to sell it for the "Minimum", it doesn't work out. He decides to delete 10 items, price goes down to 347 coins, he still isn't able to sell this character. So he tries to delete 10 more items, it goes down to 117 coins which is a reasonable price in terms of quantity, we arrive to a point where people is able to buy that character considering the average amount of money that each person is able to spend in X period of time, but now Player A has to deal with 2 situations: 1º It won't be easy to sell this character because it just doesn't have enough. 2º He mostlikely won't be able to play the character again because he sold almost everything to sell this character.

So we arrive to this situation: If you don't want to wait for it to sell at 577, then don't sell it. So what's the point of "Selling your character when you get tired, having some fresh air blablabla"? If you can't sell your character, then there won't be any point to having this trading system.

I think Warmane is compromising possible and active users of the Character trading system by having a way too high fee. If we consider those 15% for a successful trade, it doesn't benefit any other than Warmane: The guy selling the character gets a -15% of what he had to sell, while also not being able to play by reducing this price (Because it's fixed), then you have another 25 coins that Warmane adds to the price (It's said to be a minimum price, but it's actually working as adding 25 to the determined amount (I'll guess it's just a grammar mistake or something), and lastly, the buyer has to pay the same exact price found in the marketplace, with the exception that here he/she doesn't have the liberty of choosing whatever he/she would buy, it's been done by another person which is the seller.

Now let's make another assumption:
    Player B has 300 coins, he wants to invest these coins on a priest, so he decides to take a look at the Character Trading feature: He find a lvl 80 priest, it has 10 277iLvl items and nothing more, the price is 255 (25 + 10*23 [23 Coins is the standard price for all 277iLvl items at the marketplace]). But considering he wants to take as much advantage of his coins as possible, he decides to check up what would it cost him to have a level80 priest with 10 277iLvl items, so he goes to the character level up feature, it costs 20 coins to get to level 80, then he decides to check the items marketplace, it would cost him 23 coins per item, what makes a total of 20 + 23*10 = 250 coins to get the same thing.

TL;DR; I said nothing more, so please don't consider achievements or anything else, he doesn't have anything more than what I've said.

But hey, maybe the name he found in the Character trading system is a good asset, maybe not. At the end of the day, he would be spending 250 coins on freely buying a character level up, being able to choose whatever he wants to buy, and also he has the option to choose a new name, versus 255 coins with a fixed item list & name. If we talk only about those numbers, he's could be investing 5 less coins.

Now trying to go on a deeper level, if he buys that character from the trading system, he isn't just spending 5 more coins, but the seller is also losing a 15% in fees to be able to sell this character, while also not being able to do anything about reducing that price, just for the sake of being able to sell his character.

I think, this system is compromising the users of it way too much, it should be more flexible. We're not buying items with this feature, at all, we're buying characters with those items, we won't be able to transfer those items to another desirable character. So my proposal would be to rethink on why was this feature made a reality, and take that idea into making this system more flexible.

First ... 789101119 ... Last