1. I think we can all agree attention is needed, but taking things away from 2's is not going to happen. You can beg and plead for it as much as you like, but if Blizzard can't make 3's active when the arena queues are region-wide, what makes you think a private server of a much more limited population capacity can? Hell, why are people so bent on taking things away from 2's as the "fix" for it anyway? "They'll play 3's because there's no super awesome rewards for 3's!" The major flaw in all of these arguments here is that you base them all on the assumption that we have the capability to "fix" it.
    Why you need to say something which is cmopletly not true?
    I've seen several "PvE realms" with an active 3s bracket, which was standing as long as here on warmane, with the difference of have top10 over 2.3k rating each season. (Not from my pc, so cant upload it, will do it i find some old SS on my WoW folder).
    How they did it? More brained then Warmane staff? I dont think so. They just figured out that 3v3 is a bracket that is a MUST for any half-decent PvPer, 2s is supposed to gear up, nothing else, being rewarded with the easy opportunity to get 4/5 Wrathful and Weapons, is more then enough.
    Also, you should figure out that you're stating something which is against "warmane" staff point of view: rewarding 2s, isnt blizzlike.

But still, the staff always didnt accepted even the most obvious points. Wondering how many "Top pvpers" they have got in contact to discuss about how revive the 3s.

l o l-

2. I cant take the Warmane staff serious any longer.

Lets face the facts:
    - 3v3 ladder of Lordaeron has THREE teams above start-mmr of 1500. These are the teams we could consider active.
    - 2v2 top 100 of Lordaeron ends at nearly 2.2k rating and highest teams have 2700+.

And now, tell me, how is 3v3 challenging here at all. Its queueing for hours to get some naked players who want some points. In the end, max 1-2 teams will get the t2 weapons and this not because they are the best players, but they are the only ones queueing for hours each day.

And here we are, getting told this is a good design and its motivating. Thank you for this joke, some air came out of my nose. It hasnt worked for years and on other wotlk realms only very few players EVER got their t2 wep from 3v3 and use it there. Usually they donate for it or a better pve-option or, like on Lordaeron, the ladder is just dead and noone gets the weapons.

How to fix this issue is quite simple and was mentioned, but ill tell again, even if warmane staff is convinced everything is fine and should stay the way it is:
    - reduce the rating for shoulders/t2 weps in 3v3 to like 1,8k / 2k and you will see, players will try going for it, since its in reach
    - > the more players think this way, the more active the ladder will become and cure itself into a decent activtiy state
    - reset/remove higher 2v2 titles
    - > wont work with this change alone, since if youd just give best titles for top10 players, every average joe wont play the bracket, since there is nothing to gain (top10/2k+ rating)
    - combination: make all pvp items obtainable for more teams (low 3v3 or even high 2v2) and get people into 3v3 by removing all 2v2 titles and give titles to the top 35% of the teams in 3v3, like its blizzlike (it worked for a good reason @35%)

On a side note: why is 3v3 so active on retail:
    Because they broke 2v2 since cata more and more into something, that noone can enjoy. Its unbalanced and not fun and they put all higher titles into 3v3. There is no reason to play much 2v2 there besides capping. In wotlk 2v2 was still fun, our warmane ladder proves it perfectly.

3. I doubt staff will change anything. They think people will simply buy the items when they realize obtaining them legitimately isn't realistic.

They are probably of the opinion there are so many players queuing, why fix anything? Might be time to start considering elsewhere for PvP, since it gets zero attention here.

It's kind of sad.

4. I'm starting to ask if it really falls to the devs. I mean, Icecrown and Lordaeron has an insane amount of players online every day but still the 3vs3 brackets are quite dead. Even on Blackrock, a pure pvp realm (where a lot of changes has been tried out, from gear meta to additional patches), there are only 6 teams which are above 2,2k rating on 3s. If you try to look at the other private server ladders the situation is even worse. Most of them run the same 3.3.5a patch, which is playable since 2008, so I think it's quite normal if most of the players are bored and they don't want to play in the same pvp environment over and over again, with the same classes, the same specs, the same teams.... Since the launch of new expansions the players have recognized that even 3vs3 are not completly balanced, so what's the point to get stomped by the same LSP team for the 100th time? Play for fun, competion is over.

5. lets be honest who would want to play 3s on this server anyway?

for a bit of context on why arena is dumb af on this server:

Player starts on the server -> Gets "full" geared(rdf hc gear, BoEs & furious) -> queues 2s with same geared friend -> BiS+shadowmourne Donator-cleave players at 1500-2000mmr

Player finally gets 1600(or even 1800) with luck on queues for off-sets and some ICC gear -> queues 3s with same geared friends -> BiS+shadowmourne Donator-cleave players at 1500-2000mmr

Tell me gear doesn't matter after you've played as any full BiS 3s comp vs normal geared people.

6. lets be honest who would want to play 3s on this server anyway?

for a bit of context on why arena is dumb af on this server:

Player starts on the server -> Gets "full" geared(rdf hc gear, BoEs & furious) -> queues 2s with same geared friend -> BiS+shadowmourne Donator-cleave players at 1500-2000mmr

Player finally gets 1600(or even 1800) with luck on queues for off-sets and some ICC gear -> queues 3s with same geared friends -> BiS+shadowmourne Donator-cleave players at 1500-2000mmr

Tell me gear doesn't matter after you've played as any full BiS 3s comp vs normal geared people.
    But those arguments do not apply to lordaeron/blackrock, so I thnk it's not only a matter of gear.

7. But those arguments do not apply to lordaeron/blackrock, so I thnk it's not only a matter of gear.
    It still applies to Icecrown.

8. Well agreed to lowering rating for items but giving out rewards to top 30% sounds ******ed. since that'll be about top 50 teams

9. Well agreed to lowering rating for items but giving out rewards to top 30% sounds ******ed. since that'll be about top 50 teams
    Thats still 150 players, out of god knows how many. And that's only if the ladder stays as active as it is now, which almost everyone here think it won't. And on top of that, if all titles below R1 3s are seasonal, as they are on retail, getting a title in one season won't mean jack **** 2 seasons after, right?

10. I doubt staff will change anything. They think people will simply buy the items when they realize obtaining them legitimately isn't realistic.

They are probably of the opinion there are so many players queuing, why fix anything? Might be time to start considering elsewhere for PvP, since it gets zero attention here.

It's kind of sad.
    Considering multiple PvP'ers from top tier PVP Guilds did give their feedback it's the PvP community own fault for allowing so many win trading to take care of the 3v3's queue. Instead of whining about the inactivity of the 3's ladder just move and start spreading the word to make people queue. Report those win traders and the ladder becomes active.

11. All arena items should be obtainable through 2v2?

No. Give ppl a reason to do 3v3 and 5v5. Some items and titles should only be obtainable through 3v3 and/or 5v5, and not 2v2.
    either give everything for 2s or all these people telling how mich better 3v3 is actually start to play the bracket then there wouldnt be this question to get the gear in 2s. ???

12. Considering multiple PvP'ers from top tier PVP Guilds did give their feedback it's the PvP community own fault for allowing so many win trading to take care of the 3v3's queue. Instead of whining about the inactivity of the 3's ladder just move and start spreading the word to make people queue. Report those win traders and the ladder becomes active.
    I'm not sure I understand the logic behind this post, but let me tell you something. Just take one look at 5v5 ladder and see wintrading at plain sight. Now, it is a bracket hardly anyone plays, but all those teams farm points basically for free. When I mentioned this in one of the earlier posts, responce I got from staff was "IRRELEVANT". So what you suggest is that I lurk ladder and check every single game, then report it to staff and get the same answer as before? Sorry, but **** that. It's not my job as a player to point out who wintraded or hacked, I want to have fun not act as a policeman on a private server.
    Edited: August 21, 2016

13. stop wranthful sholuders in coins shop thats all. and /clap trolololol

First 123