1. May 2, 2016  

I can't stand hackers anymore

Hi,
    Firstly, I'd like to apologize if my English isn't perfect, as it's not my mother language.

So, here's the thing. I'm tired of hackers's abuses.
    WoW is supposed to be a game, in which you spend some time having fun, fighting some guys, fighting some monsters, whatever.
    Before tonight it used to be it, at least for me. But tonight, hackers, hackers everywhere. And they f...k everything up in this game for people who like to play and enjoy their time here.
    I won't speak for PvE players as I never play PvE. But in PvP, I can't stand these guys using cheats to make an already easy game easier. Speed hacking, TP hacking, fly hacking, I see these guys cheating in every possible way carrying the flag or orbs in the air so they can't die, killing other people safely and disappearing at first threat. I don't care about losing a BG, I'm still having fun, but with this kind of people there's no more fun. You just can wait for hackers to end BGs and queue again for next one, praying there won't be any hacker in this one.

This applies to both factions, of course.
    Problem is, there will always be dickheads to do that. But isn't there any possible way to make them fewer ? A hacker is banned for 7 days, only a little week until he can come back and play/hack as nothing ever happened. I think I speak for the whole community saying we'd like to see more severe sanctions such as permanent ban, char or account deleted, whatever that makes hackers think twice before doing sh..t.
    Speaking about sanctions, there's something I don't understand. On WotLK and Cataclysm realms (as I've been said) there are perfectly working anti-cheat systems. Then why isn't there one on Frostwolf ? It would make GM's work way easier, game way funnier, and hackers way fewer. What's the point in not making one working on MoP realm too ?

I hope a Staff member will see this and answer honestly. And I hope even more something will be done about that.

Thanks.

2. May 2, 2016  
    whenever I read any kind of complaint about the high numbers of hackers on PvP I always wonder if I am just lucky or what.

in my experience as Frostwolf player I think I have played around 1000 bgs and 400 arenas:
    .BG with fly/speed hacker: around 3%, maybe less ( and sometime they do not even win)
    .Arena with fly/speed hacker: 0%

Do not get me wrong I understand how bothering is dealing with such players, maybe I am just lucky
    Edited: May 2, 2016

3. May 2, 2016  
    You are too lucky, i have reported over 10ppl in last 3 days or so...we all agree that ban for exploit/hack should be permanent...
    This is the first server i see that doesn't terminate accounts for hacking, and that's the reason you see this special people ruining games everyday.
    GJ.

4. May 2, 2016  
    You are too lucky, i have reported over 10ppl in last 3 days or so...we all agree that ban for exploit/hack should be permanent...
    This is the first server i see that doesn't terminate accounts for hacking, and that's the reason you see this special people ruining games everyday.
    GJ.
    What?? Since when it's not permanent??

5. May 2, 2016  
    I seem to run into one person named Cyfu who is hacking every game he gets.

The real issue is the ban duration, but sadly it's not up for debate...

Please do keep reporting them so we can keep getting some bans handed out. The best way to report is to have a time stamp of the person doing something impossible (pick up flag at 11:01:01, cap flag at 11:01:02) and upload that screenshot to imgur. Send a private message to a GM to ensure a ban is handed out (as short as it is).
    Edited: May 2, 2016

6. May 2, 2016  
    You are too lucky, i have reported over 10ppl in last 3 days or so
    maybe it is because of the new season/gear (so grievous sold for honor), since the beginning of this sew season I have done like 8-9 bgs but many arenas.

About a change of the rules/ban duration, from "Suggestion rules":
    "Ban rules - Regarding durations or what we do and do not ban for is up to the in-game staff. If you have a recommendation, please send a private message to Aldtharios"

7. May 3, 2016  
    This is a very well known and serious issue but i understand that developing an anti-cheat system is not something that will be done form one day to another or will get done faster if there are more complains..... i do get the frustration tho... ive encountered few flying hackers on bgs some of them managed to get proof to report.

But man you should take a trip to the Timeless isle since day 1 theres been people flying/teleporting around collecting Timeless coins from anything that can be looted.... hell ive even got to see a Mage emissary that had the audacity to gank people with teleport/flying hacks on... someone mention him te day previous to when i saw this.. a whole day of this guy doing this without getting stoped ( i want to belive that someone got him reported already ), theres not a single day that i haven't seen someone teleporting around.

Hell i even got called out by a Warlock... who thought i was cheating because i previously was collecting Firestorm eggs in this tower between the Ordon Sanctuary and The Blazing way and when i logged in back to continue my grind for timeless coins the Warlock was already collecting the eggs so for him i just appeared out of nowhere and ofc he started questioning how did i get there and so i told him thati just logged in but he still wanted to know how did i managed to get in that place then i proceed to explain him that i have engineering and that i used the goblin glider to get there but the Warlock was 100% convinced that i was cheating then threatened me to get me reported and banned... ofc days have passed and nothing happend to me because im no cheater.. but as tese days have passed i can understand why it was hard for him to believe me , because now that ive been farming in this place for awhile ive seen rogues,druids pop out of nowhere, bounch of other classes teleporting around this place.. hell i even saw a Tauren paladin on a Spectral Tiger... teleporting... and its fairly easy to me to notice this even if i dont directly see them i can notice the dots blazing on my minimap ( im a hunter player ).

but hell what drives me crazy is when i see the alert of Garnia recently spawned ( in this spot im fairly close to garnia so i can notice when it spawns ) not even 2 or 3 minutes since it spawns and theres someone already there or is already dead... at this point i dont even consider to get out of the isle just to glide back and hope that it is alive because its quite likely that it wont be there...

I guess there's nothing much we can do except get screenshots or recordings to get them reported but seriously.. i have never done recordings befor and ive considered learning to get these cheaters reported but when i see these 7 day punishments... i just dismised the idea...
    Edited: May 3, 2016

8. May 3, 2016  
    ...The sad part is it when you see that 2 of them were from respected alliance PvE guild's Stormborn and EvilGummyBears wich makes you question if they use cheats in their raids also...
    Be careful of what u r saying here. Simply stating that u hv caught hackers from respected guilds can get u a ban. Im not joking or trolling here, this has happened to me before. I was simply telling a PvE guild (horde) that i saw one of their guildies used flyhack...and few hours later i got my 3 days ban for the hillarious reason only god knows - "Guild Drama". Heck what was that ?! U see..u can get banned even when u try to do the right thing here. This is the reason i wont and will not report a single exploiter or hacker anymore. Let the hackers hv fun ;-)

9. May 3, 2016  
    I stopped reporting atm coz its bull**** almost 90% people use teleport to kill Warbringer and at low lvl (86 to 89) use fly hacks, sad part is u cant proof teleport hack tho so its completely even useless to try, so I stopped taking screenshots and stuffs. Anyway have fun ******s who use these kind of ****s soon u ll get rekt.

As per BAN to those who report is wrong so please don't say useless stuff and if u got Ban for reporting then it must be coz u messed up ur ticket or did something wrong.

10. May 3, 2016  
    Please people, this is not a place to start guilds drama. I too saw people from "famous" guilds cheating, I told their guild masters about it, and I don't care which guild they come from.
    They could be the last braindead guy or even Zeus, I freakin' don't care since cheating is cheating, whoever they are.
    There is no way to prove it but recording every single game played, and this is annoying as ****. And anyway, why would I bother recording everything to hopefully get a 7 days ban for these people ? This is total non sense.

If you have problems with guilds, talk to them in game. Don't change this thread to another trashcan because you can't stay calm with people you don't like. Thanks.

11. May 3, 2016  
    Be careful of what u r saying here. Simply stating that u hv caught hackers from respected guilds can get u a ban. Im not joking or trolling here, this has happened to me before. I was simply telling a PvE guild (horde) that i saw one of their guildies used flyhack...and few hours later i got my 3 days ban for the hillarious reason only god knows - "Guild Drama". Heck what was that ?! U see..u can get banned even when u try to do the right thing here. This is the reason i wont and will not report a single exploiter or hacker anymore. Let the hackers hv fun ;-)
    If you go to a Guild Recruitment thread and start blabbing about "cheaters," you will be banned. If you can't make a proper report and try to use the Forums to bash guilds of players, you will receive infractions (which can amount to bans). The hilarious thing? Making this sort of ridiculous claim, trying to hint that there's "favoritism" for whatever guild simply because you think you can get away with "hinting" that there are cheaters, can get you a much longer ban instead.

12. May 3, 2016  
    Just report them to the GMs using these instructions:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=325598

Download Fraps or OBS or some other recording software and assign a hotkey to turn it on whenever you see someone cheating. Then upload the video to Youtube. Then send the Youtube link via in-game ticket under the "Help" menu along with other necessary info such as the name of the player you are reporting and the time and date of the incident. It takes maybe two minutes to do this-- maybe more depending on the length of your video which you should keep as brief as possible anyway. In my experience, a GM *will* respond and act on your ticket 100% of the time within 24 hours of having submitted it. I have done this more than a dozen times now.

Why?

* The cheater will be banned. It may only be 7 days at first, but I'm pretty sure every time they get caught the length of their ban is increased. I'm a bit of a stalker and I add everyone I report to my friends lists and I never see them come back anyway. If you want to reduce the amount of cheaters on the server, do something about it.
    * It will pad your Youtube views. -- not a whole lot, but every bit counts. I just got $100 USD from Youtube last week just for uploading random crap here and there and wasn't expecting anything from them at all and was pleasantly surprised.
    * If people begin to realize this can happen to them they will be less likely to cheat to begin with-- or at least be more subtle about it and not brazenly teleport a flag to and from their base in WSG like an *****. The very fact that I'm posting this here should help deter people from doing these things. Saying "oh GMs will do nothing" has an opposite effect.

13. May 3, 2016  
    I can't believe someone who blatantly hacks the game or cheats is banned only 7 days! There should be a ZERO tolerance policy on this. The only reason I can even imagine why there isn't, is that a permanently banned player can NEVER donate...

14. May 3, 2016  
    I can't believe someone who blatantly hacks the game or cheats is banned only 7 days! There should be a ZERO tolerance policy on this. The only reason I can even imagine why there isn't, is that a permanently banned player can NEVER donate...
    This is a business and donators are customers. Of course there is going to be a bit of leeway there. In regards to private servers. When you have 'volunteer' or marginally compenstated staff. Genearlly people either take up these positions to help out or for perks and power. Mostly the later, and mostly those folks aren't the type to exactly be of strict morale character which leads to various levels of corruption since they are the only ones generally overseeing themselves. Eventually this leads to customer dissatisfaction which gets passed along via word of mouth or social media. Personally...in my business endeavors, I give people a chance to shape up quick or ship out. But that is just me. Other business people may not care. IJS. It is what it is.

15. May 3, 2016  
    Lmao..try logging in after a server restart on timeless isle or other rare spawn location....you'll just..sigh..
    Especially timeless isle...I just logged out after these people stole all the rares in a matter of minutes..

12 Last