1. May 6, 2016  

How do you feel about Blizzard's official legacy servers with progression lvln?

2. May 7, 2016  
    Well it'd be the first step Blizzard could take to getting me to keep a sub with them again. I've been very on the line with Legion and not sure what to do, but if Vanilla Servers are a sure thing, I'll stay subbed as long as I can.

3. May 8, 2016  
    i didnt even know they were gonna do it or so

4. May 8, 2016  
    It`s just a meeting, they might still chicken out.
    Plus, even if they were to do it, there are myriad ways for them to **** it up and over, so I wouldn`t count on anything right now.

5. May 8, 2016  

6. May 8, 2016  
    Petition signed by 230000+ signatures signed by people in less than ( i might be mistaken, correct me if i'm wrong ) 1,5 month? https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhai...raft-community look here.

HALF LIFE 3 PETITION IS THERE FOR FREAKING MORE THAN 3 YEARS AND STILL DOES NOT HAVE 50K SIGNATURES !
    https://www.change.org/p/valve-softw...se-half-life-3
    https://www.change.org/p/we-want-hal...-episode-three
    https://www.change.org/p/gabe-newell...fe-2-episode-3

Bliz shut down that server to show the balls and see the reaction. ( sounds wrong, ikr ) And there you go - community wants legacy server's and progression leveling/raiding.

If Blizz will opend legacy progression server's, in next year, or 2018-2019, Blizz will start paying ACTUAL attention to private server's. I can only imagine how bad it will end up for private server's.

7. May 8, 2016  
    I am pretty sure if blizzard ever makes a legacy server, It is going to include rdf, cross realm raid finder/quest zones, the dumbed down talents and all the kiddy hand holding scaled back to old patches.

8. May 8, 2016  
    Where have you read that their opening legacy servers? They aint.

What they might open is pristine realms, and thats a completly different thing.

9. May 8, 2016  

Oh ok, here you are buddy, it start's @ 0:01 and ends on 3:39. if you can't hear it, it's your problem.

10. May 8, 2016  

I suppose you mean this official Blizzard thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743584206 in which they indeed suggest 'pristine realms'. It pretty much only received negative feedback, cause Blizzard missed the whole point with that 'solution'.

That thread was posted 1-2 days before the video from Mark Kern got released though. So that thread is simply a reaction to the outcry, not to the video. The meetings with Mark Kern and Nostalrius are a direct response to the video in which they are already talking about a bonus Collector's Edition to help fund legacy servers.

https://twitter.com/Grummz

11. May 11, 2016  
    blizzard stopped existing in 2008 current "blizzard" only cares about money

12. May 26, 2016  
    Oh ok, here you are buddy, it start's @ 0:01 and ends on 3:39. if you can't hear it, it's your problem.
    Well mate, if you think that vid confirms their opening legacy servers, your completely delusional...

13. May 28, 2016  
    Only thing Blizzard officially mentioned is Pristine realm, which are pure bullcrap if you ask me and no one will play it.
    Pretty much all the hype began by shutting down the Nostalrius since the server exceeded 30.000 active players.

I don't think they will actually open Legacy servers since there's around 0,2% of total Retail playerbase that would actually play the Legacy servers.

Basically single realm can hold up to 50.000 active players if not more, depending on how much hardware has been invested into it.

So Blizzard actually ran an Economical % of players interested and it was less than 200.000 across the continents.

I don't really think that people who played Vanilla would return to play it once again. Probably the only people who would play Legacy servers are the one playing latest Retail Expansions.

14. May 28, 2016  
    Only thing Blizzard officially mentioned is Pristine realm, which are pure bullcrap if you ask me and no one will play it.
    Pretty much all the hype began by shutting down the Nostalrius since the server exceeded 30.000 active players.

I don't think they will actually open Legacy servers since there's around 0,2% of total Retail playerbase that would actually play the Legacy servers.

Basically single realm can hold up to 50.000 active players if not more, depending on how much hardware has been invested into it.

So Blizzard actually ran an Economical % of players interested and it was less than 200.000 across the continents.

I don't really think that people who played Vanilla would return to play it once again. Probably the only people who would play Legacy servers are the one playing latest Retail Expansions.
    Which are those servers with - 50 000 online people if not more, currently ?

15. May 31, 2016  
    This is how I would do it:

The problem with wow and the fact that people want legacy servers lies in the fact (among many other things) that a lot of content is out of date.
    In Vanilla everything was relevant, raids etc, legendaries.

My idea is to introduce level scalling, but not just some regular level scalling irrespective of gear.
    You would be scaled to the hightest gear you have obtained in the zone (expansion).

The zones would be divided by expansions, so if you go to Vanilla zone, you get scaled to lvl 60, if you ever got an item for your level, if the hightest gear you ever got is "requires lvl 20" you get scaled to lvl 20.
    You would have sets for each zone that you could edit and would auto-equip it when entering the zone.
    That would make old raids relevant, as well as old faction reputations.

The leveling would still be important, to get all the spells.
    Also, it would give a fairer chance to fight against gankers (though lvl 60 still can one-shot lvl 30 etc).

That would give incentive to do old raids and stuff (dungeon raid queue would also be scalled to lvl, so if you are in Outland you can do Outland raids, to do Northrend raids you need to go to Northrend).

I know this is not what a lot people want from legacy servers, they want old talents tree etc.
    My idea i only supplementary to such servers.