1. May 10, 2016  

Paladin, Druid, or... ? (can't decide upon a class to main)

So, i've been experimenting with different classes for a month or two, and I find I really enjoy healing and dps. Haven't tried tanking yet, but Prot pally seems more interesting than a bear dudu. Thing is, I like Paladins because Holy seems interesting, while Druids' boomkin and resto look like fun.
    I can't really choose, but if tanking is fun I'd rather do it with a pally, prot looks glorious.
    I played a priest till 70, but I kind of dislike how dull the shadow rotation feels, maybe it's just me tho.
    The fact there are SO MANY paladins on the server scares me to roll one....

P.S. I have a problem it's been 2 months and I haven't even picked a class I wanna play yet... Noob Adventures.
    I guess I tend to overthink stuff.

2. May 10, 2016  
    So, i've been experimenting with different classes for a month or two, and I find I really enjoy healing and dps. Haven't tried tanking yet, but Prot pally seems more interesting than a bear dudu. Thing is, I like Paladins because Holy seems interesting, while Druids' boomkin and resto look like fun.
    I can't really choose, but if tanking is fun I'd rather do it with a pally, prot looks glorious.
    I played a priest till 70, but I kind of dislike how dull the shadow rotation feels, maybe it's just me tho.
    The fact there are SO MANY paladins on the server scares me to roll one....

P.S. I have a problem it's been 2 months and I haven't even picked a class I wanna play yet... Noob Adventures.
    I guess I tend to overthink stuff.
    Pala's are OP, and I believe druids are pretty good too, it's really down to personal preference in the end no matter what.

3. May 13, 2016  
    I like Druids. I simply can not play a Paladin because...well...Blood Elf, or Alliance dog. that and I just hate the entire concept of the Paladin since vanilla days when only Alliance had them. A plate wearing healer, with a ranged stun, complete immunity bubble, snare removal, etc, etc, etc. Come on! I feel like I am cheating when I play one. Insta-cast flight form is the icing on the cake though.

4. May 14, 2016  
    Pala's are OP, and I believe druids are pretty good too, it's really down to personal preference in the end no matter what.
    if we are talking about PvP, balance druids are the most unbalanced class in WOTLK right now, duels 2v2s you name it, (except 5v5 or maybe 3v3 they might do well).
    But for PvE boomkins and Trees are just epic and there are just a few of em around.

5. May 14, 2016  
    Don't get me wrong, druid is a very fun class to play, esp. feral in pvp, but I just feel like feral tanking is so dull ...

I mostly just mash my buttons at the bosses. Only pack tanking is challenging to me because I don't have enough threat gen to just spam swipe, I have to constantly retake mobs that run to the raid.

I don't know if prot paladin is any better, but to me druid tanking is really not that fun.

6. May 14, 2016  
    Don't get me wrong, druid is a very fun class to play, esp. feral in pvp, but I just feel like feral tanking is so dull ...

I mostly just mash my buttons at the bosses. Only pack tanking is challenging to me because I don't have enough threat gen to just spam swipe, I have to constantly retake mobs that run to the raid.

I don't know if prot paladin is any better, but to me druid tanking is really not that fun.
    IIRC Palas are king of AoE tanking arent't they?

7. May 14, 2016  
    Can a mod please merge these, there is now 3 threads of same topic from same OP

8. May 15, 2016  
    I've never leveled a paladin, because they're alliance/elven scum, but druids are fun. You get healing and stealth, which makes you a pretty fantastic solo quester, and around level 30 AoE farming in Bear Form becomes viable (Swipe kind of sucks, but glyph'd Maul is really good). However, as others have said, they are really boring tanks to play, and I've never particularly enjoyed Feral or Balance DPS. Resto Druids make amazing healers, though, and Innervate is one of the most useful utility spells in the game. They also benefit from the pre-Cata talent tree structure; you can continue performing off-spec roles well into your 50s and 60s if you have some appropriate gear.

9. May 15, 2016  
    IIRC Palas are king of AoE tanking arent't they?
    wrong, UH dk is

10. May 16, 2016  
    Druid heals are nice, my main is a druid healer. Currently leveling a prot pally and enjoying it so far