1. You all forget where you started playing. Lordaeron is a hardcore server, as its buffed raid shows all along with its features. Please, do not try to make it a easy server because you did not pay attention to what you were going into.

Pugs are rare for one question: people cannot do the boss correctly if not in a voice program, because of what I have just said.

I personally do not have much time neither... So I joined a guild that was starting to raid, so I could progress with them since I was starting too. We set it to raid on Thursdays and Sundays. We are doing fine, currently clearing Naxx10. We are on it. And when everyone gets 4k, we will start doing Ulduar10.

Get over it. If you all say this, you know WoW not enough to enjoy this server.

By the way, if you wanna follow my steps, whisp Hagarlan in-game and I can send you an invite.

2. its not like we forgot where we started playing... i said i like the server, but people are leaving... the population is shrinking day by day and something needs to be done about it... mmo without enough people is just painful to play

3. "double daily"
    Need I say more?
    Ever since I reached 80 i've had to put up with this artificially created bull****. A recent Utgarde Pinnacle normal I was LFMing for was the last drop. As always I linked THE NORMAL ACHIEVEMENT - Utgarde Pinnacle and the daily quest for it(I CAN run heroic dungeons, I just wanted a fast dialy quest). I instantly got flooded with DPS - I took 3 of them. Some minutes later a tank whispered. OK. No RDF so head to the dungeon. When we got there I realised I had left it on Heroic difficulty from the previous day - I changed it to normal. That very second my blood started boiling when 1 dps and the tank started asking me "why u make normal", "are you ******, make hc", "noob you said double daily" and all sorts of negative stuff. I kindly explained that I never mentioned "double daily"(or dd for short) and that I had linked the NORMAL achievement + ONE daily, which ultimately made them leave.
    Now I'd like to ask, how in the actual **** does disabling RDF and adding CUSTOM daily quests make the dungeon-ing experience more social and enjoyable? You want a bunch of kids to explore the zones and learn the dungeons' locations?!?! HELL NO!! Normally I'd summon people and tell them to open their map if necessary, but the dumb****s are too ******ed to read the global post and ****ing see the obvious difference between Utgarde pinnacle and Heroic: Utgarde Pinnacle(that Heroic: part), not to mention joining the group and then making up bull**** like "u said double daily ******". I had to spend another 10 minutes searching for a tank(cuz we all know 99.99% of the population rolls dps), who's not some elitist jerk and is willing to run a normal dungeon for those who can't get carried in heroics/raids. Please, Lolmane, if you're actually reading any of this, tell me how the hell am I supposed to have a good time running dungeons when you've introduced bull**** that additionally complicates the process?

Honestly, I loved the leveling experience! I could've easily achieved loremaster since there's practically 1 or 2 quests bugged PER ZONE! I got to enjoy LK content I had never seen, sitting on my chair like "what the... 7 years in and I didn't know this even existed on LK". Hell, up untill now I did not even know that the flight npc for the Nesingwary Base Camp in Sholazar has to be unlocked by completing a chain! I ****ing loved it. I even ignored the fact that there's no RDF because up until 80 there was no difference with or without it. But indirectly forcing quality players to waste time because of proprietary bull**** IS NOT a good experience. A 1x wotlk realm offers enough to make people socialize ingame, you don't need to freaking disable a BLIZZLIKE feature.

This is the only reason I stopped playing on Lordaeron. There's plenty of WORKING content but there are just as many ignorant individuals who don't even bother or are incapable of reading a post correctly.

No, I don't intend on leveling a new char on Icecrown, I'd much rather transfer my current one but since that is not an option I stopped playing altogether. My mental health is way more important than going out of my way because of quests that are not supposed to exist, so I can actually gather a group and progress in the game.

4. Agreed, I don't know what happened? I couldn't start Lord when it first got released, but I remember the server always had queues. Now it struggles to get to 7000? I know this is supposed to be a "Hardcore realm" but I truly think no RDF is a barrier that is blocking a lot of new players from joining. Molten has been known to be very stubborn in implementing changes that are needed. Prior to the arena seasons that we know, there used to be an eternal arena season, and players would continuously ask for arena seasons to bring in new competition. This didn't happen for years down the road. I do think RDF is needed because that is how retail was like and I think it will help the population.

Two big things that orginally attracted me to this server was (1) Being able to level a new character and re-experience all of the low level dungeons I used to do back in the day and (2) the whole Idea o raid/pvp progression.

(1) When leveling a new character, its all about min/maxing efficiency and enjoyment. That is a mixture of questing till your eyes bleed and doing dungeons for fun,quests, and new gear. In order to do this in an EFFICIENT manner, I believe that RDF must be activated. You can keep questing, get ported to the dungeon when ready, leave, and repeat. You actually see very few sub 80 instances because they are COUNTERPRODUCTIVE. You have to leave what you are doing to run to the area, and do a dungeon that gives you less exp/min as you have gotten during questing. You aim to have the best retail experience, yet you make people feel like they are playing a vanilla server. If people wanted to do that they would go to a 1.12 server.

(2) I love the whole idea of raid progression. I've been waiting for Warmane to do this and I am glad that I have joined prior to ICC, but the lack of population worries me. When I log onto Icecrown, you see the global chat FILLED with people looking for RDF, POS farms, ICC, ulduar, etc. You do not see this on this realm. In global chat you see more people looking for low level instances honestly. This can mean either; majority of the server is still leveling, or people are playing that much when they reach 80 because of the hard wall of progression afterwards. With the way raid progression was made, it was INTENDED to have RDF. Dungeon Finder was implemented in patch 3.3.0, the implementation of ICC and the last form of pve tokens (heroism and what not). With the hard gear wall that get into raids, RDF is a NECESSITY. They have tabards to equip to grind dungeons. WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WANTS TO GRIND THE SAME HEROIC OVER AND OVER. Once you all fly out to Hc Gundrak, you think anyone else wants to fly to some other dungeon to have some variety? No. This is why the server is dying. Literally 100% of the reason. Without RDF, you're literally hindering yourselves and the playerbase. You removed a feature that was literally already implented in the game's code. Nothing needed to be done. The server feels dead honestly, I feel like I'm playing on 102pop eternal wow.

You have to look at it from a new player perspective, casual or hardcore. Let's look at Icecrown. Yes they have a bigger population, that is bound to happen you have higher exp rates, that is just natural, everyone wants to get to the endgame. But with higher populations, you usually bring in more players. It feels like an MMO, more people on all the time, more friends to find, more things to do. And regardless of the population, it is the retention that the server has for players. People keep playing because they feel they are progressing. They know they if they gain such and such rep, they will get such and such item, which will increase their GS so they can get into that raid they want. Some could say its pretty linear and that is OKAY, that is how WOtlk was! Get 80, do RDF for rep and gear, do Naxx or whatever then you PROGRESS.

Let's look at Lord. First its x1rates, less players are going to play there for that sole reason. Not saying that is a problem, but that must be accounted for. Second, what does a fresh 80 do? They need to gear up. Playing on a x1 rate realm, things are obviously going to be slower than what private server players are expecting, but still, that isn't a problem. Just do what you used to do on retail. Grind rep, and do dungeons. Wrong, without RDF having those rep tabards are literally useless. Flat out. As I said prior not having RDF is literally the biggest wall for new players. It is the servers biggest weak point and is snowballing in a way that is bad. No one wants to do the same dungeon over and over to grind rep and gear out, but sadly that has to be done. Majority of players can't even experience naxx properly because of this, and it isn't even the most difficult dungeon available right now. Don't get me started on pvp.

I am an avid pvper here. I was the few begging for arena seasons and changes back in the day before they had happened, so I know what a pvper looks for. One, population. No pvper wants to play on a low pop realm, straight up, regardless if they are a Battleground warrior or arena glad, no one wants to play on a low population server. Slower queue times, less people to play against, no variety. This is another reason the population is going down. If a new person comes to this server solely for pvp, and they look at the two realms, 9/10 they are going to join Icecrown...why, because of the population.

There will be people who will argue that this is a "hardcore" realm, and that they don't mind the small population blah blah blah. No this is a bad way to look at this. You literally lose players if you cater to one crowd. The server isn't hardcore, its a server playing with a handicap, not retail by any means. Warmane once aimed to have the best retail experience, and they were so close with this server, but they fumbled the ball. This realm is comparable to a realm in which rdf is still in development in the next update, but people can still play. Why remove a core feature from the whole retail experience? If you guys wanted to make this realm so hardcore, why is there still a global chat? It should be looking for group only, so people have to be in capital cities to find groups? No. Within the world of marketing, with things that reach alot of people, you must assume that if one person feels away, at least 100 other people feel the same way.

Making the x1 server was "hardcore" enough. a x1 realm has never been seen here before.
    This server will end up sub 2000 population daily and will end up like warsong, because of the lack of changed

5. 10 man raid needs some nurf.
    You should have read what kind of Realm this is, but now u have 2 options you either L2P or go to Icecrown.
    Edited: September 7, 2016

6. solution

I would like to find a solution, not to losers players, all go in x7,. GM made a big mistake that united two servers, now all go where the population is bigger. as the game is interesting,. In Lordaeron begins to wind.

7. the problem is not the ICC, or TOC even if it will open only two or three months to reach a server 7k, then he falls again

8. that's the whole point, it's not a difficulty what scares people. Just rdf which has nothing to do with difficulty. it's like removing Auction house and call it a hardcore

9. You all forget where you started playing. Lordaeron is a hardcore server, as its buffed raid shows all along with its features. Please, do not try to make it a easy server because you did not pay attention to what you were going into.

Pugs are rare for one question: people cannot do the boss correctly if not in a voice program, because of what I have just said.

I personally do not have much time neither... So I joined a guild that was starting to raid, so I could progress with them since I was starting too. We set it to raid on Thursdays and Sundays. We are doing fine, currently clearing Naxx10. We are on it. And when everyone gets 4k, we will start doing Ulduar10.

Get over it. If you all say this, you know WoW not enough to enjoy this server.

By the way, if you wanna follow my steps, whisp Hagarlan in-game and I can send you an invite.
    "Get over it you say" - Well, it does not work like that. Saying that is just ignoring the problem, and letting it get bigger.

There are 3 kinds of people on this server to make it simple.
    1. There are the hardcore ones, that love the server and progress through all the content without any problem.
    2. There are the casuals, that got some problem with progression, but still keeps playing because they like the experience and the challenge.
    3. There are those who wanted to reexeperience the old wotlk and old leveling progress. (The people that hoped that it would be fully blizzlike). - This is the people that leaves, and is sadly the bigger part of the population.

I am some where between nr. 2 and 3. I love the server, but still I can't just say that people should either deal with it or just leave. By doing so we will lose 95 % of the servers population and you will end up with a server that got 2 000 players online at peak times.
    I am not saying the server is dead now, I am saying there is a big chance it will become dead, after what we have seen been going on with this server.
    I really love this server, but when the bigger part (nr. 3s) leave the server, this also affects the nr. 1 and 2 players. If everyone leave, even the people that actually love the server will end up leaving too.

It is not just to get over it. Some people don't have anything to do on this server, because it is too hard for them to progress.
    I don't know what should be done, and I am not saying the server is bad now. I am just saying that something needs to be done to save the population to stay healthy.

What ever is being done there will always be some people that don't like it, and some people that will be happy all the time.
    Edited: September 9, 2016

10. Now there is a new problem: the few things you can do in a progressive realm, such as Ulduar FL, are now bugged (some!). So, there is not enough attention to what is happening. If you get cut of one of the few things you can do to improve your gear... It's gg. People are leaving because progression is too slow and bugs appear. Ulduar first boss has been bugged for one week already.

It feels like the "so-great-and-so-hyped" Lordaeron server has no care compared to what they made us expect. And that, along with bugs appearing and not a quick fix, is dropping people. Like me.
    Edited: September 9, 2016

11. There are 3 kinds of people on this server to make it simple.
    1. There are the hardcore ones, that love the server and progress through all the content without any problem.
    2. There are the casuals, that got some problem with progression, but still keeps playing because they like the experience and the challenge.
    3. There are those who wanted to reexeperience the old wotlk and old leveling progress. (The people that hoped that it would be fully blizzlike). - This is the people that leaves, and is sadly the bigger part of the population.
    Actually, it's more like there are two kinds of people in Lordaeron:

1. those who read and informed themselves of what we wanted this specific server to provide, knowing the limitations it would have;
    2. those who didn't read and joined blindly, then find out what they got into and "demand" it to be changed.

12. Actually, it's more like there are two kinds of people in Lordaeron:

1. those who read and informed themselves of what we wanted this specific server to provide, knowing the limitations it would have;
    2. those who didn't read and joined blindly, then find out what they got into and "demand" it to be changed.
    Yes, thats actually very correct. I myself actually read a lot, I read about the buffs that were going to be included - I like the idea, but I am not sure if it is buffed correct. Only time will show tho :)

I am not saying it was wrong even tho, there will always be those that does not read enough. I am one of them, I read, but not enough :p All I want to say is that I think something needs to be done, since the population has decreased as much as it has. I don't know what, and I migth be wrong, maybe it increase again by itself later :)

Something positive to include about the buffs, now that emblems will change, the difficulty level will decrease by itself. People can get good gear in 5 mans = people can easier do naxx, os, voa, ulduar - while keeping the hardcore.:

Emblems of Heroism from dungeons during Naxxramas content
    Emblems of Heroism from dungeons during Ulduar content
    Emblems of Conquest from dungeons during Trial of the Crusader content

I think this actually migth help the server increase the population again.
    I actually belive in the servers, it is just that I am a bit worried too :)

13. my friends say, with all x1 x7 or play, does not feel the difference, it all depends on where we population there and the game is much more interesting. so they went on Icecrown, gm. must do something to egualese with population Lordaeron with Icecrown, I have some ideas, but many will hurt

14. LOL, when i first started at the realm when only vanilla content was out, the realm was not advertised as hardcore, it was advertised as the most blizzlike *1 realm and i liked that a lot being an old lord player on molten. After outland release the population grew and the realm still was supposed to be the most blizzlike, then after wotlk content came out somehow it changed to most hardcore. Well most people joined when it was the most blizzlike, and got tired from this overtuning. Also since most people are over 4k in gs they wont bother carrying new people in naxx or uld and new people cant do those raids without melting 8 hours a day wiping in naxx to finally clear some bosses to be able to clear the rest. Also for guys like me who played from the start of the server it just stoped being funny.

First 12345 ... Last