1. Thanks for the guide Fluffybully, very useful. Ive got one question that may be out of the ordinary ones you usually got : I'm planning to play rogue when wotlk classic comes out but I'm not quite sure when to play combat and when to play assa (in pve).

Do I play assa until Ulduar or ICC comes out or can I stay combat from the start all the way to the end of wotlk ? Mind you I'm asking this because I wanna perform the most so keep that in mind if you can, in your answer. Thanks, have a good day

2. I was about to ask the same question, almost every WTLK dps tier list I've seen put assa rogues above combat ones early on in the expansion, providing no further explanations.

I am planning on running tests on my own but I'd appreciate to have your thoughts on this.

& grateful for all the efforts you put in this !

3. In early wrath,assa has the advantage because armor penetration is far less common. (And pre - 3.3.5 lists also had to deal with different talents/mechanics,like HFB used to be a stacking buff instead of a single stack once per minute buff.)

However,combat is still more useful overall,and you won't lose much by going combat.
    Edited: April 3, 2022

4. if i like enchanting and tailoring as my professions , will i lose that much of dps if i do not have eng , jwc ?

5. May 26, 2022  
    As stated in the guide:

Weapons:
    For combat you should go highly preferable(From the best to worst)
    Sword + Sword/Sword + Axe/Axe + Sword/Axe + Axe
    Fist + Fist/Fist + Dagger
    Mace + Mace

How do we come to this? Is this only true because Havoc happen to be an axe?
    Now in a hypothetical world with equal weapons of all types:

5% for an extra white hit:
    It can crit, it can procc poison. A white hit isn't exactly a big number, and this does nothing for your ability damage.

5% extra crit:
    Works for your white hits, sinister strike, fok, rupture, ks and even instant poison? (not sure about the poison). Also gets more value out of the SS glyph.
    This just looks way stronger to me than the extra white hit - especially early on when your crit in general is low and 5% is a big portion to it.

15% extra arp:
    Not sure how this works, does this mean we can go to 115% arp with 1400 arp on gear? Or just that we need less ARP on gear to reach the 100% cap?
    This also potentially looks stronger than sword/axe mastery.

Any input from expert rogues would be appreciated.

6. May 28, 2022  
    As stated in the guide:

Weapons:
    For combat you should go highly preferable(From the best to worst)
    Sword + Sword/Sword + Axe/Axe + Sword/Axe + Axe
    Fist + Fist/Fist + Dagger
    Mace + Mace

How do we come to this? Is this only true because Havoc happen to be an axe?
    Now in a hypothetical world with equal weapons of all types:

5% for an extra white hit:
    It can crit, it can procc poison. A white hit isn't exactly a big number, and this does nothing for your ability damage.

5% extra crit:
    Works for your white hits, sinister strike, fok, rupture, ks and even instant poison? (not sure about the poison). Also gets more value out of the SS glyph.
    This just looks way stronger to me than the extra white hit - especially early on when your crit in general is low and 5% is a big portion to it.

15% extra arp:
    Not sure how this works, does this mean we can go to 115% arp with 1400 arp on gear? Or just that we need less ARP on gear to reach the 100% cap?
    This also potentially looks stronger than sword/axe mastery.

Any input from expert rogues would be appreciated.
    The main problem is,there are no good fist weapons in general. And then,they would have to be paired with a decent assa dagger as offhand fist weapons are 2.60 for endgame ilvl. For all the three fist mainhands in ICC,you can find a better or similar sword or axe without touching LK hc. And those are better itemized as well. Sure you gain 5% crit from the talent,but you lose a bunch of other stats as well.

Basically Black Bruise hc+Lungbreaker hc is your only real option when in decent gear already without Havoc hc or BVB HC/gunship axe hc. And even then BVB hc and gunship hc axe are easier(as in you can grab them from early bosses) to get and are close enough. Idk if BB hc works as it should here,but if it is,its pre-bis with Lungbreaker hc.

The mace spec works like Blood Gorged for blood,aka lowering the needed arp to cap iirc. However,there are no 277/284 dps maces and the 264 MH one is also worse than the gunship hc MH axe. Practically same position as fists,but worse due to no offhand options or endgame ones.

7. gemming

So, thanks for the guide that i've been using a lot.

I'm having some problems in gearing my combat rogue.
    ( https://armory.warmane.com/character...ecrown/summary )

I'm hit overcapped (cause of the trinket) and exp capped.
    Unbuffed I have:
    - crit 776 (41,21%)d
    - 550 arpen (39,30% armor reduction) + other 678 arpen I get from the NES trinket.
    - haste 118 (3.60 haste)

I followed a friend's advice and started gearing +20 arpen gems, even if now I think it may have been stupid.
    I still have 4 yellows and 2 blues gem socket, what do I do?

a) I gem the remaining yellows and blues accordingly to get the buff.
    So other 2 nightmare tears, and Stark Ametrine (20AP, 10 Haste) in the remaining yellow slots

b) I ignore the item bonuses and go full +20 arpen

c) i don't know, re-gem full ap and haste in red and yellow or whatever else

EDIT: to add something, i tried to download the spreadsheet in the first page, but it suggest me to go low rupture cycle and full Bright Cardinal Ruby (40 AP) on every slot and 1 relentless earthsiege diamond, and 2 stark ametrine. Istn it weird?
    Edited: August 3, 2022

8. gems everything arp. this is combat not assa. you need only 1 Nightmare Tear to activate the meta gem. so it goes like this :

-head : - meta + arp
    -shoulder : -arp
    -chest : 1 nightmare tear + arp
    -weapon/wrist/legs/feet : ARP

only time when u gem something else than ARP is when you have reached 1400 / 100% arp already then gem AGI / AP / HIT or whatever

9. So, thanks for the guide that i've been using a lot.

I'm having some problems in gearing my combat rogue.
    ( https://armory.warmane.com/character...ecrown/summary )
    The suggested gems are correct, you need AP. You have solid hit rating and crit, but low AP and expertise over cap.

You can't reach soft arp cap (722 with NES) yet, and it doesn't really makes much sense right now so follow the upgrade path:

Buy Bracers of Swift Death, get T10 shoulders, then frost belt and gloves. At this point if no better back dropped, get the frost one.

Fill red and blue sockets with +ARP except one blue for Nightmare Tear (Put it into the belt) and respect yellows unless you can soft cap or hard cap arp by sacrificing some. Current objective is 4k AP unbufffed btw.

10. Hi, I'm new to rogue prodigy, first of all, I wanna say this is a woah guide. However I'd like to know something, and that is, which build is stronger ? T2 or T2 balanced ?
    Thanks in advance

11. June 7, 2023  
    bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbu mpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump bump

12. The guide fails to explain that Agility is better than AP until 700 Passive AP. Its the same for Hunters and DKs too.

13. Hello all friend rogues.

thanks for the great infos you post for this great class, more i play rogue more i like it :)

My question is if you use any spreadsheets to help you gear up, or make changes.

Both for assa and Crogue.

If you use can you share plz?

Thank you!

14. Hello all friend rogues.

thanks for the great infos you post for this great class, more i play rogue more i like it :)

My question is if you use any spreadsheets to help you gear up, or make changes.

Both for assa and Crogue.

If you use can you share plz?

Thank you!
    Assa

Combat

Rawr can also work.

15. Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

First ... 2634353637 Last