1. What about fixes?

We always keep getting new fixes on changelog but at the end, we end up with more bugs. I started questing a while ago, there are a lot of quests are waiting for a fix since the warmane start, not even confirmed by the staff. Even some most simple ones. Also, some of the working dungeons and raids got bugged and not working anymore, some bosses got bugged, some encounters stopped working as how they supposed to be and became MUCH harder/easier.

Everything keeps getting fixed on changelog. We just keep seeing them.. But bugtracker is another story. Really.. Take a look.

2. We always keep getting new fixes on changelog but at the end, we end up with more bugs. I started questing a while ago, there are a lot of quests are waiting for a fix since the warmane start, not even confirmed by the staff. Even some most simple ones. Also, some of the working dungeons and raids got bugged and not working anymore, some bosses got bugged, some encounters stopped working as how they supposed to be and became MUCH harder/easier.

Everything keeps getting fixed on changelog. We just keep seeing them.. But bugtracker is another story. Really.. Take a look.
    I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that a change-log results in more issues. If anything, there are some update initial related problems but overall everything looks better just after.

Overall, BugTracker is somewhat messier due to the fact that we have a large population that keeps bringing in reports, duplicates and so on. There's no manpower in this world that can clean completely the BugTracker when you have numerous thousands of people interacting with the system on a daily basis.

The new core is a huge improvement in terms of overall fixes and we're dishing out more and more every update. There's one thing that is definitely true though, the more frequent updates are, the more changes are done to the server, meaning that more post-update issues pop up. Emulation itself is a dodgy thing. I'll give you an example, the newest issue with Jaina Proudmoore/Sylvanas disappearing after the encounter is done in Pit of Saron. This worked fine and it just randomly broke, we fixed but the fix is not yet live. Code, no matter how well written, can influence and impact other code and issues happen.

Also, the new core benefits other expansions, mostly visible after our Cataclysm old content update (which is still being polished)

The main and the most important thing is that we as a collective, as a project, are moving forward and both as a staff member and as a player I can vouch for the fact that overall improvements are obvious and apparent and hopefully with time there will be just more and more.

3. at this stage of scripting it will be always easier to find things that went wild after the uptade than things were improved.
    i mean it is not the point you are adding new boss in ICC or something.
    most of fixes now sit deep inside instances and specific content, so only players who interact with this stuff see it.
    on the other hand if something go wrong about quest (i.e. PoS) that is done multiple times by hour - complain will start.

4. I'm not at all well-versed in coding but I still find it hard to understand how some bug fixes can break other things in the game. Like fixing something in one area that also breaks something in a completely irrelevant area to the thing that was fixed. Why doesn't each line of code act as an independent command? Like I said, I'm no expert at this :P

5. We don't know how the code was wrtitten, so we can't really tell if they are like that. It is possible that they affect other lines of codes.

6. I'm not at all well-versed in coding but I still find it hard to understand how some bug fixes can break other things in the game. Like fixing something in one area that also breaks something in a completely irrelevant area to the thing that was fixed. Why doesn't each line of code act as an independent command? Like I said, I'm no expert at this :P
    No, each line isn't necessarily an independent, self-contained command. Think about how many monsters and situations can cause the same effect on a player, even if with a different name and duration. How much code would be required to create that effect for each case separately, and then for all the possible effects? Either all of that code would have to be stored in the machine's RAM or be called and loaded each time it was called.

Instead of that, you nowadays have functions/procedures (or however the specific language wants to call it), where you create a single function for Stun effects, for example, and each time something needs to cause a stun you just call that function - instead of having essentially the same code repeated hundreds of times, you only have it once.

That can come with the problem of generating unforeseen issues when you modify something, though. You might change a function because it's having unwanted behavior in one place, but, unknown to you, that same function was used elsewhere, for a different purpose, and worked correctly there. When you make a change to make it work in place A, you break it at place B.

That's avoidable when you are dealing with small code, handled by a very small and static team, but not anymore when you have something as huge as an emulation core for an MMO, with a large team of developers, and one that changes over time, with people leaving and new ones that don't know the code that deeply joining.

There's also the case of different scenarios for the same thing. A fix might theoretically solve an issue, and look like it did during testing, but when you put it under the stress of the actual server, with thousands of concurrent players, the code might not be as stable as necessary in one place (because of higher player traffic, higher use of something related to that function or whatever), while still working fine in a different one.

7. I'm not at all well-versed in coding but I still find it hard to understand how some bug fixes can break other things in the game. Like fixing something in one area that also breaks something in a completely irrelevant area to the thing that was fixed. Why doesn't each line of code act as an independent command? Like I said, I'm no expert at this :P
    There's a really old meme for this sort of thing.

It happens, even to the very best. On larger projects, it can become increasingly difficult to manage. WoW as an example.

8. That makes much more sense now; I could see the issue with having hundreds if not thousands of independent commands and its effect on resources. Its like a trade between reliability and efficiency.

9. I started questing for loremaster. Couldnt finish Borean Tundra and Sholozar Basin cos of bugs. Gone to Outland, Terokkar couldnt finish cos a lot of bugged quests, and then gone to Shadowmoonvalley just to keep going, got like 5 quests in a row bugged, and now my quest log is full of bugged quests. Most of those bugged quests are in bug tracker for 6-7 months or since the wipe. Really ruined all my fun and will. Seems the server is working for Dalaran stair afkers or Durotar/Elwynn afkers/duellers. Kidding about that but I really hope more fixes in such populated server which gets a lot of donations. This is sad.

10. I first time played on warmane in 2011, and first time wanned to farm some achievements in a private server which I find worthless a bit. I was right. Doesnt matter how populated the server is, bugs dont let you have fun.

11. You can live without achivs, but bugs such as the [Deliverance to the Pit] quest are crucial to a toon's progression. This bugged quest prevents me from unlocking HoR, which means I cannot finish the "Battered Hilt" quest chain... hope I get an answer if this has been fixed already.

12. Yeah I think I've seen this meme in this C&C fangame forum once.

*cringes*

13. You can live without achivs, but bugs such as the [Deliverance to the Pit] quest are crucial to a toon's progression. This bugged quest prevents me from unlocking HoR, which means I cannot finish the "Battered Hilt" quest chain... hope I get an answer if this has been fixed already.
    Everyone have different priorities and tastes, so well, neither I can judge your quest, nor you can my achivs and so on.

14. You can live without achivs, but bugs such as the [Deliverance to the Pit] quest are crucial to a toon's progression. This bugged quest prevents me from unlocking HoR, which means I cannot finish the "Battered Hilt" quest chain... hope I get an answer if this has been fixed already.
    a bh weapon is not crucial to anything. it helps yes, but it's far from crucial.