1. Sorry to inform you, but dropping the demand and the supply will make less items cost more money.
    It seems like the developers don't want new players to progress via gameplay, but through Coins market.
    Population will drop significantly after massive inflation. Server will become like games that give too much advantage to people who pay actual money. I don't blame you, you invested a lot on this server and you want profit, but that way is wrong.

A good metaphor for the situation: If Icecrown is now like a guesthouse, where everyone feels at home, then it'll become a ghosthouse. Forbidden and lonely.

2. I am looking forward to some population drop. Maybe we will get the servers down to a point where the server can handle the population and they can reverse their *cough* "optimizations" and we can actually have playable world pvp etc. Not sure it's going to happen though, enough people will be doing just fine after drops, new people will still be influenced to join by the population. 3x is no big deal anyway, i was hoping for 1x so i could make more profit and so population would drop more, I doubt 3x change will have much effect on people leaving etc.

TBH the kind of people we will lose are just the kind of people this server could do with losing.

3. Reducing drop rate from 7x to 1x on world and zone epics would only have a negative impact on low gears gearing up. It would have no impact on the economy as you would have 7x less of the items selling for 7x more gold, "roughly speaking", i know it's not this simple really.

All I would say is if the rates on such items are reduced to 1x, then 1 month warning should be given, after which all NOT bound (i.e. equipped) BoEs should be deleted from the game, otherwise the 1x rate change will only benefit those who have hoarded these items and screw everyone else.

I say this as some one who has horded about 200k worth of easy to get boes just to hedge against a possible change to 1x without item removal. I have done this because molten went from 7x trash boes to 1x trash boes without warning once.
    This is a very interesting post. For you information, the drop rate of items throughout the history of our services has always and I repeat always been x1. It has never been x7.

The drop rate right now is not x7, never has been x7 and never will be x7.

4. I agree with the gold squish but it does suck in the long run for a lot of players such as myself I struggle to reach 1000 gold and now i have to worry about everything being cut in half so all the work i have put into legit earning the 1000 i made is for nothing because im going to automatically loose half of it sucks big time i think it should only target the people who have over a certain amount of gold.

5. This is a very interesting post. For you information, the drop rate of items throughout the history of our services has always and I repeat always been x1. It has never been x7.

The drop rate right now is not x7, never has been x7 and never will be x7.
    Really? Because I clearly remember when greenies would drop like crazy in Azeroth, in dungeons, etc and now they don't drop at all in either one.

6. Just going to echo the other 10 pages one more time before its ignored and this goes live anyway.

99% of the people aware of this change hates it. Lord is there for lower rates. These changes to ICC suck.

7. I've read everything between 1st and 6th page here and didn't notice anyone mentioning what the change will impact on the "farmers"... will they be able to keep up with the new demand? I noticed someone mention increase in the farm nodes drops and I think it got lost in translation (from what's written to what's read) also not sure if it's addressed in the other half of the pages but I think it's a good idea.

8. Why can't we have high rates for Vanilla and TBC content, and 1x for Northrend?

9. Ok i don't understand ... There were "Upcoming changes to Lordaeron". Then why after the restart from x5 prof rates they gone x1 ?
    Am i missing something :)

10. This thread has been cleaned up. We have taken in consideration all the suggestions and feedback from the community. The changes affecting rates that will be on Icecrown, Frostwolf and Neltharion are the following:

• Experience: x7
    • Gold rate from x7 to x3
    • Weapon skills from x5 to x3
    • Profession rate from x5 to x3
    • Reputation rate from x7 to x3

To also reiterate, a lot of the work in the past month went into touching up reputations on Frostwolf and Neltharion and this work will continue in order to make them more enjoyable. Thank you for your understanding and feedback.
    I am a member since 2012 and this is the first time i post. Just logged in and noticed that rep gain dropped from x7 to x1.... so that means all of this was A LIE?

• Weapon skills from x5 to x3
    • Profession rate from x5 to x1
    • Reputation rate from x7 to x1
    Are you kidding me? This is an early april's fools right????.
    What could possibly possess you into thinking that these quoted changes will have any possitive impact on the economy? The only thing you do is increase the gab between wealthy and poor. The newcomers (the poor) still have to level up their professions, now they just need to spend twice as much gold on doing it. At the same time they also gain less gold.
    In other words, nobody will ever level enchanting again, because nobody will ever be able to afford it. The cost at the former rates was already absurd, I can't even begin to imagine how expensive it would be to do it now.

11. Warmane rly?

Why are profession rates on x1 ?? Also same question for REP ? Your change of reps is not smart, we did come on this server to play little faster.. Things were really great, yes there are some economic disbalances but then again is anything perfect ?? You should have focused on getting all bugged quests unbugged
    khm *Shadowmourne quest* khm... But rly warmane as someone who was here even on molten i dont like your decisions and i really think they r not as important as u think for this community, focus on bugs and your server stability and lets us have our rates... If i wanted to grind my *** to get my professions up i would go on retail and play on 100% stable servers... Please think about this.
    Cheers.

12. Yeah, prof. rate looks like a x1. This is so bad for gathering profs, because of low amount of nodes (mining)
    The best rate for prof - x5, anyway. For reps - x3 seems good (WOTLK, CATA except MoP)

13. Rep rates are def now x1. Mobs in icc were giving 105 rep before, now 15. Any comment from staff would be useful at this point.

First ... 89101112 ... Last