1. On top of that, Cataclysm zones rewrite is not "soon". It is already happening for a month. You can see progress for Mount Hyjal, complete rewrite here, for example.
    hmmm... yeah when I see twilight highlands *working* and vashj'ir at least 2 of the 3 zones *working* I'll call it "fixed", before then it's just as it is... broken and unscripted and I'm really hoping you prove me wrong at this point when I say a month to fix all of that + unscrew DS from its current bugs... is beyond what 2 devs and 5 testers can do

2. The concerns for Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria reputation issues are valid. We are internally testing all the reputations on both expansions and checking how the reputation decrease will affect them. It will be a priority to fix up gaps and make them completely doable prior to the reputation decrease rate. It is not in our interest to make those things unplayable.

On top of that, Cataclysm zones rewrite is not "soon". It is already happening for a month. You can see progress for Mount Hyjal, complete rewrite here, for example.
    This is the first time I am able to see this report, clicking it before resulted in a redirection to the main bugtracker page. Is twilight highlands in the pipeline aswell? that is the most broken one at this moment.

In addition, I want to note something which i already said, but got snowed under by the ****storm of replies :)

If you want to keep a long-term healthy economy it is VERY important to reduce XP --> gold rewards on quests.
    For example, a tol barad quest normally gives (with current rates) around 60 gold. Because of the XP --> gold I receive a stunning 357 gold. This is the main inflation point. Normal quest rewards are not that bad, but the XP to gold ratio should be lowered if possible. (to normalize it for x7 xp)

3. Honestly the gold squish doesnt bother me too much, grinding for that was always and will always be a big thing in mmorpg's, and indeed the main thing that will happen is people seeing smaller numbers on the auction house. Also i think there might definitely be a way around the gold squish which people can think of.

What bothers me more is sure, professions, will take longer but still not the worst. But personally im an end game raider, i dont just raid however. I like to get a bunch of achievements and titles. Before the database loss i had over 40 titles, the main one of those id say to be ''the insane'' This achievement requires extreme amounts of low level reputations. It being a low level makes it relatively easy. The extreme amounts make it extremely time consuming. I created a rogue which i had to level to 80 just to be able to easily farm lockboxes for the ravenholdt assassins. and then there is even the other ones, you need 5 crazy reputations in total. All this took me over a month to get back then, not just playing an hour every day or every other day. No grinding for several hours every day just to finally get there.

That was with a 5x reputation rate. With a 1x reputation rate this would then take 5 months just to get a single achievement. To me this is the main reason i dont want to play blizzlike. I think that there will be many people going for achievements and whatever from previous expansions, especially if the main focus is an eight year old expansion. Sure the end game will be a bit slower, which could in all fairness be ok i suppose. But for the older ones? they are already barely used, tbc raids dont occur often. Its understandable, but its good content. Why would you remove features like this. Grinding for a couple of hours ok sure, part of the deal. But grinding for weeks to months for some achievements which give nothing but status. The just feels like something that will make the community suffer needlessly.

This could maybe be solved by just making wotlk reputations be 1x, whereas the vanilla and tbc reps would be untouched. or just scrapping this change altogether. As for the marketplace, i recently started playing a game where you could set the prices between certain values. This way it is impossible to overprice it while still maintaining a proper economy.

4. hmmm... yeah when I see twilight highlands *working* and vashj'ir at least 2 of the 3 zones *working* I'll call it "fixed" before then it's just as it is... broken and unscripted and I'm really hoping you prove me wrong at this point when I say a month to fix all of that + unscrew DS from its current bugs... is beyond what 2 devs and 5 testers can do
    We don't claim we will fix all Cataclysm zones in a month. Such a feat would be impossible. We do however claim we will test, root out and fix any gaps that would make any reputation undoable. If anything, it should be even easier than on x5 when we're done.

As we said before, we are working on it. We are not interested in decreasing the rates to make those reputations unplayable.

As for professions, an average time to level up a profession at most should be increased by 30% at most. It really is just more demand for more materials which in turn should create more supply, nothing more really.

5. Hey Proterean,
    Have you considered that the gaps in the rates might ruin the leveling experience ?

Keeping xp at 7 and lowering the gold, rep and profession gains means that levelers will arrive at 80 with even less gear than currently (@Icecrown), very low northerend rep that is needed for starter gear, 0 gold because they used it all on spells and flying, and professions at 50/75 because they outlevel the gathering content by x7. Doesn't make any sense at all. This is gonna make the overall leveling experience miserable and bring even more naked level 80 that there are currently on Icecrown struggling to do any max level content.

6. Hey Proterean,
    Have you considered that the gaps in the rates might ruin the leveling experience ?
    Yes, we have. A very small percent of players actually level professions whilst they're leveling and for a reason. Even at x5 you would level faster than you could level your profession unless you wanted to stay more in the zones. All this profession change really does is require 5 times more materials.

In a simple comparison, if you look at the way most players level their professions nowadays, it is by going to the Auction House and then buying all the materials and then sitting in one place until they're max. I've leveled Blacksmithing once in less than 30 minutes myself. It was already too easy to do so.

If you're looking for a synchronized experience, you will never get it from a high-rate realm. The gold rate can never by synchronized with the leveling rate because you move through content too fast for the gold rewards to matter, even if we were to increase it tenfold, same thing with the profession rate.

The idea of a high-rate realm is to get you as fast as possible to the max level and then you can decide to pursue your experience as you wish. A lot of people arrive there half-naked and do just fine because they prefer to go back into those older zones when they're more powerful and it's less of a hassle.

If you want a synchronized experience, where everything fits, then Lordaeron is your choice. There's no other way around it when it comes to leveling pace and professions/reputation pace.

As for older reputations, yes, they'll be harder but for those who seek achievements and glory, those achievements should hold weight and represent what you did. Not be something you glance through in a few hours.

7. Make another vote about closing Nelth?

8. Off topic but since you're here Proterean, any news on Isle of Conquest battleground on Icecrown? It's been disabled since new core upgrade and still unconfirmed on BugTracker.

9. I can understand the gold thing, and I can live with the Profession thing. However, the reputation reduction? This is not supposed to be a hardcore server, and please, you can be so much better than blizzard - you can listen and use this feedback very well!

Love what you do, but sometimes we need to get our voices heard

10. Off topic but since you're here Proterean, any news on Isle of Conquest battleground on Icecrown? It's been disabled since new core upgrade and still unconfirmed on BugTracker.
    It's been fixed and going through testing to make sure everything is fixed. Can't give you an ETA until we know the results of testing. After IoC is out and released, the same developer will be working on MoP BGs unless he's needed elsewhere in performance & stability.

11. I realize achievements should hold a certain amount of weight and not be a few hours of grinding. However like I said 5 months is crazy, and like UnleashD said it is not a hardcore server. Everyone playing this game is willing to devote a bunch of their time into it, some even more than others. However there are limits to the amounts of time people can and are willing to invest. If we would have wanted things like this to be like blizzard we would've played on blizzard.

12. if you look at the way most players level their professions nowadays, it is by going to the Auction House and then buying all the materials and then sitting in one place until they're max. I've leveled Blacksmithing once in less than 30 minutes myself. It was already too easy to do so.
    true and it is indeed bad but there are plenty of servers who gives x1 experiences so do not you think that who play here is because of the higher rates?

I think a good compromise would be to set x2 for Repution and Profession, which is still way more "blizz-like" than now but still better than x1 for players who dicided to choose "fun realms" over x1 realms

13. Make another vote about closing Nelth?
    Many people not coming to the forums (ever) won't have a vote in this, many of those people play cataclysm not for nothing.

14. I realize achievements should hold a certain amount of weight and not be a few hours of grinding. However like I said 5 months is crazy, and like UnleashD said it is not a hardcore server. Everyone playing this game is willing to devote a bunch of their time into it, some even more than others. However there are limits to the amounts of time people can and are willing to invest. If we would have wanted things like this to be like blizzard we would've played on blizzard.
    There's a reason why the insane title is exactly called that. Because it is and should be insane, it should hold that weight.

true and it is indeed bad but there are plenty of servers who gives x1 experiences so do not you think that who play here is because of the higher rates?

I think a good compromise would be to set x2 for Repution and Profession, which is still way more "blizz-like" than now but still better than x1 for players who dicided to choose "fun realms" over x1 realms
    Players do play here because of the higher rates, but it's mostly related to leveling. How many times did you level alongside making a profession? Very few times, if not ever. The point of a high-rate realm is to get you to end-game faster. Professions and reputations are only crutches on that way and right now they're way easier than they should be.

The point is not to make them way harder, just not to make them something super easy that people do in no time. Looking back, we honestly wish we made it that way from the start but at the time we were starting these realms up again, we had bigger things to worry about. Leveling up a profession is not even 10% of time of how much it takes to get to level 80 and that's with x1.

We want them to have meaning and not something everyone gets just for a few bonuses and never use again. They should drive the realm even. If you look at an example of people buying materials from the Auction House and leveling up standing in one spot, they'll still be able to do that as the materials will quadruple due to gathering professions having more materials. Demand will increase, supply will increase and it should be more right.

Again, people who claim synchronized rates should be better. That's something that can't be achieved with the experience rate so high. We used to have 20x rates and it was absolutely insane, there's a reason why we lowered it over time, it just never fit player progress. Yes, it's easier to get to level 80 but at that point you can just get the instant boost or pick an instant server to play.

15. Don't you guys see that this is just to make players go back to Lordaeron from other realms? Why would anyone play in the others since they just make everything more like Lordaeron? This will just make the Neltharion and Frostwolf servers to lower their population, and where do you think all these players will go?

If you want a synchronized experience, where everything fits, then Lordaeron is your choice. There's no other way around it when it comes to leveling pace and professions/reputation pace.
    See, staff already selling you that Lordaeron is "the best" for a good experience. They just want to make it again the most popular server and don't care about fuking up the other ones. They just needed to wait a bit more until ICC was released on Lordaeron so a lot of players from Icecrown server would go there...but I guess they can't stand that Lorda isn't the most populated server atm.

PD: Sorry for my bad englando me no americano.
    Edited: August 26, 2016

First 12345 ... Last