1. On behalf of the upcoming changes to Icecrown, Neltharion and Frostwolf

A lot was already said in the official thread, that, for a reason I don't really understand, is currently closed.
    I did post in said thread and had a chance to voice my concerns already, but I forgot one important point.
    Please take your time to read through the entirety of this post, and don't just dismiss it halfway through if you disagree.
    I'd like to address the cutting gold in half thing once more. The preliminary argument seems to be that by cutting all players' gold down by 50%, effectively nobody loses their buying power / value. This impression however is mathematically flawed and in fact crudely unfair towards richer people.
    It's really not all that hard to understand. Let's take, for example, a player with 10k. Due to the cut, their balance is reduced by an absolute amount of 5k gold.
    If we take a second player with, say, 1 million, the number tied to their account drops by 500k. It's safe to assume that player 2 spent way more time earning 1 million gold than player 1 spent earning 10k. So although their relative buying power does not change at all, the amount of work they both put into acquiring their funds differs notably, and so does the time they spent earning the gold they lose (in numbers).
    This would only be half as much of an issue if market prices were entirely tied to players' gold. But they aren't. Learning your mount abilities costs a fixed amount of money. Orbs for JC panthers cost 20k each, that won't change. The 120k yak will still cost 120k after the change. What I'm trying to say is that market prices don't work like that. You can't just assume the absolute amount of gold everything costs will drop by 50% if every player suddenly has 50% less gold. It's not all tied to the amount of money that's currently in the game, but in fact, many different factors.
    In comparison to a percental drain of gold, a specifically crafted logarithmical approach would yield results much more evenly spread in terms of fairness, however that would still be unfair towards the playerbase as a whole for the aforementioned reasons.
    The gist of my post is that no matter what you do, it is mathematically unfair towards either all players or specific parties on your server.
    If you have a look at current market prices on retail, you'll notice that they're somewhat similar to prices on Warmane servers. Blizzard would certainly never get the idea to do a clean 50% cut on everything, instead, they add more of what has always been part of a stable economy: money drains.
    I've mentioned a few of those in this post already, and I'll point them out once more. Adding items with very high and fixed prices is the proper way to deal with inflation.
    The alternative I propose is expanding your website's item shop and adding a new tab that allows players spending huge amounts of gold on items that are currently only available for purchase with coins. Take the original item shop mounts for example. I'd happily spend 200k on Heart of the Aspects if I were given the chance. Or transmorg items. Most of those in the shop are only available for purchase with coins, but not with points.
    Another option would be to just flat out allow converting gold into coins. That way you could easily drain huge amounts of gold out of the economy while treating every player equally fair.

That's my suggestion.

2. I can't say I'm happy about the change, but I really don't think it's as big a deal as many are making it out to be. Life will go on and people will adjust.

They've given us months to get ready, so there's plenty of time to convert your gold to mats or whatever.

They were considering closing Neltharion last year. THAT was a big deal. This? Meh.

3. I'm actually okay with them lowering rates.
    It's a pain, sure, but taking away gold that was earned is what upsets me about this.
    Inflation is down way low compared to a year ago.
    An item that cost me 50k back then sold for 20k the other day.
    I do love your money sink idea and hope they accept it <3

4. The squish itself will do nothing bad apart from cutting off a visual amount, the buying power as itself will be the same, if not higher due to lowered rates.

At start, right after squish, might be hard to buy something, but a month or two, and prices will be halved equally.

5. I think all of the changes are awful! It may not be a big deal to players who already have plenty of money and maxed professions, but the gap between experience rates and profession rates is going to create enormous problems for new players. I just joined icecrown, and professions were the only way I was able to buy my mounts and talents in anything like a timely fashion, with x1 profession rates I would hardly have been able to buy talents. Now that I'm starting to save some gold, these brilliant developers want to steal half of it... Maybe they're just trying to drive down the overpopulation on icecrown by driving off new/uncommitted players?

6. Im against this new idea.For me cutting our gold in half is stupid,bcuz there are players who have farmed day and night to earn gold and in the end they will lose half of the amount without any good reasons.
    For other changes(xp,professions,weapons,reputation rates) - im against them too,bcuz this wont be fair for new players(i have every class at max lvl with maxed proffesions,so this wont affect me,but im still against this).Leveling professions will become hard and annoying thing to do when you are leveling new hero or fresh 80 lvl.
    P.S:I remember when i joined this realm i was told that he will remain with high rates.Im sure that most of players in Icecrown and other high rated reals dont want any changes.So if someone from the staff reads this please make a pool and ask us if we really want this before changing anything.

7. Release expensive transmog on Icecrown - stick it to class gear only - biggest gold drain ever.

8. Its happening, the mods made it clear by nuking that thread. Lets not waste our time with qq threads and insinuations that will net us all bans, but rather go grind that Ebon / Hodir reputation before October

9. OP, You are probably not aware how economy works in the real world but flat taxes are better for the rich. The gold drain is needed to balance the economy, I agree, however the changes in rates are just counter intuitive.

Keeping xp at 7 and lowering the gold, rep and profession gains means that levelers will arrive at 80 with even less gear than currently (@Icecrown), very low northerend rep that is needed for starter gear, 0 gold because they used it all on spells and flying, and professions at 50/75 because they outlevel the gathering content by x7. Doesn't make any sense at all. This is gonna make the overall leveling experience miserable and bring even more naked level 80 that there are currently on Icecrown struggling to do any max level content.

10. OP, You are probably not aware how economy works in the real world but flat taxes are better for the rich. The gold drain is needed to balance the economy, I agree, however the changes in rates are just counter intuitive.

Keeping xp at 7 and lowering the gold, rep and profession gains means that levelers will arrive at 80 with even less gear than currently (@Icecrown), very low northerend rep that is needed for starter gear, 0 gold because they used it all on spells and flying, and professions at 50/75 because they outlevel the gathering content by x7. Doesn't make any sense at all. This is gonna make the overall leveling experience miserable and bring even more naked level 80 that there are currently on Icecrown struggling to do any max level content.
    this is why i'm going to be puttin quite a few days in to get all my toons to 80 and maxed proff's before the change. once the change goes live i will never level another toon on this server, if i get bored of my 80's i'll find a server with higher proff rates.

11. I dont see how will reducing profession leveling rate affect economy in long run. People will just have to spend couple more days to get max level, and then it will be same like now.

One thing will be changed for sure. Players won't work on professions or reputations while leveling anymore because there is too big rate difference, but they will either give up from doing it, or swarm low level areas when they are 90, and disrupt already bad leveling experience for other people. Not to mention that certain reputations will be impossible to achieve because their quest chains don't work, and high rates were making up for that.

In my opinion, if you already want to reduce rates, wait couple months for fixes in low level zones, dungeons and quests, and then reduce all rates to like x3, so its not too hard or too easy.
    But having such big gaps between rates won't make playing more interesting at all.

12. So many people are so afraid of changes, it is sad to watch.

Experience: x7
    Gold rate from x7 to x3
    Weapon skills from x5 to x3
    Profession rate from x5 to x1
    Reputation rate from x7 to x1

I have seen people talking about Lordaeron and they have used it as an example where people are leaving. The server are not even done yet! There are still content to release. Even by lowering the rates on Icecrown (and the other servers) it will not be the same as Lordaeron. Icecrown does not have buffed boss and it has RDF enabled - something that is two of the main topics if or if not it should be enabled/removed on Lordaeron.

I don't really see the problem because they are telling this in a so long time before, that you actually can max everything very simple long time before it is actually happening.

And for those who say they farmed gold day and nigth... you got still time farming, you got still time spending. Or are you just having the gold to have gold?

And what is the problem with having more to do? Well, yes you will have more to do - but does not that mean that you will actually be playing the game? Instead of just sitting inside Dalaran, Stormwind and Orgrimmar?
    It is extremly funny how so many world of warcraft players hate on blizzard because "blizzard made it too easy" - but look what you actually want!

I like it warmane, keep up the good work! :)
    Edited: August 26, 2016

13. Rep rates and prof rates don't effect the economy. The reason protean gave in his latest post was to welcome new players. New players have the opportunity to go to Lordaeron and enjoy the grind there, people that have already played wotlk, that being most of the players here, have no interest in grinding rep on 1x rates. If they would want that they would play Lordaeron and not icecrown.

14. Rep rates and prof rates don't effect the economy. The reason protean gave in his latest post was to welcome new players. New players have the opportunity to go to Lordaeron and enjoy the grind there, people that have already played wotlk, that being most of the players here, have no interest in grinding rep on 1x rates. If they would want that they would play Lordaeron and not icecrown.
    You are forgetting that Lordaeron and Icecrown are not the same even if the rates are. Lordaeron does not have RDF enabled and the bosses are buffed - by making the rates more like Lordaeron, Icecrown will more a more friendly but also very blizzlike for people.

How does not prof rates effect the economy? Easier to level up the proffesion means that you can easier sell better items. It migth not make a huge diffrence, but thats the point. Making small changes that will not make to much diffrence for the players.

I think it is funny that people complain about that they have already played wotlk, so you can't do some stuff. Well, you are chosing to play wotlk now, so stop complaining.

They have also now released this information in such a good time before it actually will happen, that you can complete all these problems you have before they change the rates.

It is funny with people that say that they dont want to do something, because they have already done everything on wotlkk a million times, yet they play.

15. Isnt everything for more donating ? If someone want just to get one proff on max, he can with donate, if he doesnt want or doesnt have time to spend on x1 rate. I think is just for more donates... Cuz like many ppl said, x7 lvl rate with x1 proffs rate ??

123 ... Last