1. then allow me to repeat what i've said in a closed thread. the VP system gives a degree of convenience and comfort to players especially the older ones. these little bits of kindness was one of the main driving force of my guild's endless stream of recruits. we as a whole not only endured but thrived despite molt-down, sitting constantly at 900+ toons and many of us donated generously to the server without hesitation
    Yes, your guild will have to play the game and help recruits gear up instead of just telling them to gather free points. I feel your pain.

when the RP gear/mounts/pets/recipes were removed, 264 and 271 items were the bargain in exchange. but now those are gone too, and apparently now we're told that these incentive doesn't matter because it does not help to pay the bills.
    Again you try to take what I say out of context/misrepresent it, making it not even worth addressing, especially when you make the same baseless assumption Zelda did and which I already covered.

maybe this lack of care, which contrasts sharply to the attitude shown when community was "needed" to retain and rebuild everything from scratch, is a sign that you perhaps have reached an monopoly. if so, congradulations
    The link between "not giving high gear for free," "not caring" and "monopoly" is beyond my meager human comprehension.

2. so you have reached monopoly, once more congratulation. in a monopoly, the consumer is given no choice and thus no care

it was never about what kind of gear was available in the VP, it was about giving back a little something that might be useful and to players
    which was more evident in the old VP shop when players could buy fun stuff like pets and legacy gear, and useful stuff like recipes that were sold in limited quantities by NPCs and constantly camped by bots

when 264 and 271 gear was introduced after the old one was abandoned, it was a way to to tell my own crew that if your luck were awful, you could always use VP to compensate for a piece or two. It was stated by the GMs themselves that it would take years for someone to gear up an toon from scratch with VP alone, trying to insinuate that all the gear in my guild came from VP alone is redundant, one simply cannot VOTE for 277 and legendaries

it was never about the gear, it was about the apparent lack of care shown to the community

3. so you have reached monopoly, once more congratulation. in a monopoly, the consumer is given no choice and thus no care

it was never about what kind of gear was available in the VP, it was about giving back a little something that might be useful and to players
    which was more evident in the old VP shop when players could buy fun stuff like pets and legacy gear, and useful stuff like recipes that were sold in limited quantities by NPCs and constantly camped by bots

when 264 and 271 gear was introduced after the old one was abandoned, it was a way to to tell my own crew that if your luck were awful, you could always use VP to compensate for a piece or two. It was stated by the GMs themselves that it would take years for someone to gear up an toon from scratch with VP alone, trying to insinuate that all the gear in my guild came from VP alone is redundant, one simply cannot VOTE for 277 and legendaries

it was never about the gear, it was about the apparent lack of care shown to the community
    I apologize for the fact our hosting six free servers, holding up and not letting our work die even after the catastrophic event that made us lose so much, our continuous effort to work on bugs, release new content, seek out good hosts, tweak the core beyond what people would believe an year ago and all other such meaningless little things aren't enough to show our care for the community, apparently it being required of us to "give a little back" on top of it - and not just any giving back, of course, since the "giving back" that will remain in the point shop won't be enough.

4. i am still trying to figure out what will be the worth of vote points shop after october 23rd? bcz if u are removing icc items from shop,i dont even see reason to vote as much as i did till now(im not interested in mounts,tabards etc...). i understand you are trying to balance server to be more enjoyable(which isnt really happening in my oppion) but i always wondered is there a GM that plays on non premium account to get the full feel of the game(like most of us waiting in que for few hours),and how would he rate his gaming experience on Warmane.

PLEASE NO TOXIC RAGING on this reply,im just curious a bit,thx
    Edited: October 20, 2016

5. I love this new vote shop thing to be honest. Few reasons

1. ICC 10 items such as trinkets will finally be back in fashion, most of them these days roll for OS since 90% of eveery raid had BIS 25man normal trinkets.
    2. "Omg its p2w!" how? What is there that you cant get in game that will make such a big impact? They are going to release the Smourne Quest + Val Any can be obtained in game already. All you have to do is contact a GM when u have stuff for it
    3. Less gear score needed for raids, this will actually become true due to simple reason, people wont be so much overgeared with fresh alts so naturally raids wont demand that much gear score
    4. Farming EOT's is back! No more vote + get any item in the game. This time u will have to go from 0 to max gear score if you don't wanna spend coins.
    5. And finally, good old THIS GAME IS OLD! Get used to it, its normal that people are running around in BIS gear in battlegrounds and such. Warmane released WOTLK server 6-7 years ago and even with a flush we had it still didnt make impact on the gear in any way that anyone lost anything previous. If there was no flush imagine how would it be now.

And also a side note to those that thing Shadowmourne is p2w. Just learn to play better than those players. In full rele as Disco priest I can easily survive against Warrs and Paladins with full BIS gear + shadowmourne. Cant survive against a DK due to a ****ton of silences, slows etc, but yeah, thats my own problem and not warmanes.

All in all, I don't see a point in crying over this. Warmane still gives us FREE stuff with voteshop. I indeed wish they add mounts into the store once again but we will see.

I love the new changes and I hope they keep on coming!
    Edited: October 20, 2016

6. i am still trying to figure out what will be the worth of vote points shop after october 23rd?
    It will basically allow people to bridge the gap after reaching 80 and farming heroics. Be there to give that last little nudge or item that never drops for you in runs so you can continue on to the next tier of dungeons/raids.

7. I apologize for the fact our hosting six free servers, holding up and not letting our work die even after the catastrophic event that made us lose so much, our continuous effort to work on bugs, release new content, seek out good hosts, tweak the core beyond what people would believe an year ago and all other such meaningless little things aren't enough to show our care for the community, apparently it being required of us to "give a little back" on top of it - and not just any giving back, of course, since the "giving back" that will remain in the point shop won't be enough.
    berate me with your workload as you wish, i am not ask for you to open up your entire coin shop catalogue for free as "giving back"

what we had in the old VP system was a symbolic gesture of kindness, it was such gesture in the past that made possible for the complete reconstruction of the community - ppl who stayed and continued to contribute financially

true, after the changes there will still be some things left, but when it has been stated that VP was a feature that was useless to the staff, what's preventing it's complete annihilation? especially after the recent wave of changes.

like i said before, weariness does not come from the blue. what is to be taken away next, if you'd kindly inform us now?

8. Guess what, almost every person I've seen whine or complain about changes to the server in my time here, have been non-paying customers to a free service. You are already getting a FREE server, FREE gear, FREE fun without having to invest anything besides your own time (which you can increase and decrease to your will). Why should you be on the same level as those who put more effort and invest more time into it just because?
    Mmm I don't think that's a good argument. Drastically put, people came here long ago for a reason. Now if you gradually take the the reasons away, soon enough things might get too different and people will start leaving.
    Let's say that GMs decide to turn Icecrown rates to 1x (I mean considering the past history, it's actually on its way) "because we believe that it is in the server's benefit to support our other Realms such as Lordaeron". Needlessly to say, this would piss off a lot of people, because they didn't come to play on a blizzlike realm. Free or not, it will kill people's fun if you make too many sensitive changes.
    Sure, ultimately it's all about how GMs want to run their server, and everyone is free to come and go. But I find it being kinda disrespectful towards customers when massive changes are forced upon them and their choice is either to accept the host's decisions or leave.

9. Dont get me wrong but when the Vote Shop with these items levels (ICC items) was added in the first place we had HUGE amount of threads about how its unfair bla bla bla and the majority of population kept on complaining about it and now when its finally removed yall are complaining about why is it being removed. Doesnt make sense. Also the system we had (which is still in use for next 72h) basically allows people that are completly inactive to gear their characters wihtout ever going thru a single ICC 10. I personally geared my druid in past 6 months just by using the vote shop system and trust me I havent played more than 10+ in those 6 months.

10. As a grown-*** man with college degree I have to point out that author of this topic shall be examined. I mean search for help. Not to point out the obvious, but youre angry for no reason; at people that are just not-happy for apparent reason; and your only argument is that people been angry for a reason before. Huh. And that analogy, oh boy.. I've met cats and dogs that are smarter than Cory and Trevor!

About the Vote Shop. I take that as a firm decision and we all shall put our trust in the mighty Staff! They always have a plan, and if the plan is to take away the only reason to log-in daily and everyday, yes I mean everyday, put atleast a little thought about Warmane and WoW and not forget about it, it all must be for the greater good!

11. As a grown-*** man with college degree
    So what? I am in my late 20s and college educated as well. Why does that matter if I am sick and tired of people whining about everything?

12. As a grown-*** man with college degree
    As a man who is currently studying Computer Engineering in one of the best universities in USA, you are the one who is imbecilic. People have their own freedom to say whatever they wish to put out here. It is not yours to decide who can speak or not. Furthermore, if you actually read through the post carefully, you would have noticed that the OP's points are very valid, even for me who disagreed with him at start.

I don't even need to comment anything more about what you said. Your username shows how immature you are. Anyone with "swag" "lolz" "qt" in their username should be banned from saying anything that mimics intelligence. But, to quickly sum it up, Obnoxious said that they "don't care if you come online to collect points or not". If you are going to do it, do it. If you are not, they ain't begging you to do so.

I don't agree with this viewpoint, but that's what Obnoxious says.

13. berate me with your workload as you wish, i am not ask for you to open up your entire coin shop catalogue for free as "giving back"

what we had in the old VP system was a symbolic gesture of kindness, it was such gesture in the past that made possible for the complete reconstruction of the community - ppl who stayed and continued to contribute financially

true, after the changes there will still be some things left, but when it has been stated that VP was a feature that was useless to the staff, what's preventing it's complete annihilation? especially after the recent wave of changes.

like i said before, weariness does not come from the blue. what is to be taken away next, if you'd kindly inform us now?
    He's not berating you. He's just pointing out that we do quite a lot already. To try and claim we do nothing is silly.
    As I've said. That's not my word. Those were Edifice & Mercy.
    It still is a fairly big incentive. But don't worry, there are more incentives yet to come.

14. He's not berating you. He's just pointing out that we do quite a lot already. To try and claim we do nothing is silly.

It still is a fairly big incentive. But don't worry, there are more incentives yet to come.
    with a server this size at your disposal, ofc there are a lot to do. and to clarify i never insinuated about the staff sitting around doing nothing

all i'm advocating is a halt to the string of drastic changes we've had recently, and i dare say that without these changes your workload might even be lightened

First 1234 Last