1. Regarding why make the changes? Because we care about how it can be used, when it's used.
    Dont be mad with me but i like to hit "the cat" with the same question! (portuguese expression)

You staff cares about how things are used, when they are used... So my question is the same again, at ur visibility whats the point to get BIS gear from donation shop? Is that healthy to the realm?

To finish my way to think about this topic why achiev system in webpage still up? whats the point for that to be up? players can only get points and not coins from this system, and if u guys really dont care about it, why it is still working? Im legate account but what will be the use now? Maybe instead of wisp a guy with my gs ill wisp him saying im a legate account and pls inv me to to the raid... :O

I have donated some times but low quantities... and what you gave me unless the coins? The dead of Neltharion which was my chosen realm on Warmane? Do you really care about people who spent their money here on your server?
    Edited: October 21, 2016

2. About the Vote Shop. I take that as a firm decision and we all shall put our trust in the mighty Staff! They always have a plan, and if the plan is to take away the only reason to log-in daily and everyday, yes I mean everyday, put atleast a little thought about Warmane and WoW and not forget about it, it all must be for the greater good!
    Sure do that and maybe they do the brilliant move that did on neltharion, removed legacy gear from point shop that people used to transmog and bla bla bla and didnt even open any raids to let players farm those items by their own way ;) I never trusted staff actions since they made that move. Thats not the kind of move that seems to be good for one realm!
    Edited: October 21, 2016

3. Joined July 24, 2016

Of course you have no idea what the hell you are actually talking about. It is very unfortunate that a guy who doesn't know anything about the situation is trying to analyze this in his own closed view points.

When they added 264, 271 ilvl items, these were supposed to be compensations for the complete removal of cosmetic gears, mounts and pets from vote point shop. Warmane said that they felt the need to clear the marketplace. It was also meant to be rewarding for players who have been around for a long time with good attitude and behavior, so they could get a trinket or weapon to start with on their new alts.

Now they have removed all the things we previously had (mounts, pets, and cosmetic gears), they decided without even discussing OR EVEN at least telling us to remove all the 264, 271 items that were supposed to be compensations for the removal of old marketplace. AFTER someone brought it on forum and started blowing up in Icecrown global channel, they decided to respond that "it was unfortunate that we didn't announce, but that's our decision. It was a gift anyway."

I am not even going to talk in-depth about "it's a gift anyway" excuse as I've already talked about it on the other post.

To sum up, there are/were two problems.
    1.) Didn't communicate. No alerts, no warnings. - Fixed by giving "72 hours period".

2.) No incentive of using vote point shop anymore for players like me, which are majority. I didn't need any gears from 264,271 iLvl items marketplace anyways. The only incentive WOULD have been if I decided to do so, to get a trinket or weapon for my 8th alt character. Now there is no mount, no pet, no cosmetic gears, and no possible future-gears for my alt characters that aren't even made yet, where is the reason to collect points for?

If they were going to bring back the mount/tabard/pets, I wouldn't say no to this change either.
    All the points that you try to touch are quite funny. I've been around this server since 2011 and I can tell you that I was one of the guys saying that was completely against this items being implemented in the vote shop system. You know why? Because it generates people like you. People that get way too used to being lazy and when the lollipop is taken away you yell, you cry and you make everything that you have to do with the hope of having your lollipop back.

When the items were introduced to the vote point shop, if you recall, every single hardcore raider and grinder stated that it was unfair to see people that applied no effort at all obtain items from instances that they don't even know how to approach. What do we have now? Random little Billies running around with a secondary BiS weapon or secondary BiS trinkets and without a single achievement from those raids. Same players that know nothing about the content but they're still wearing and showing up their Lich King weapon like they've deserved it.

What you miss to understand is that it is a gift from the Staff to the community. The so called "vote point system" doesn't even generate a vote for anything at all; It generates a number that will allow you to enjoy a free gift - Nothing else. You guys should consider yourselfs lucky for having the benefit of gearing your toons with this system. All of my alts back in Molten were geared with grinding and raiding every single day. Most of my alts nowadays were grinded and worked hard for them to be where they are now, however, this random guy shows up with his BiS weapon and trinkets because he voted for it when I've spent hours and hours to obtain the item through the boss himself. Does it sound fair to you?

The most crucial point here and that you don't seem to land is that you don't need an incentive to use the vote point shop. Hell, the server doesn't win anything from it. Only you do. However, the services provided by the website still exist there and you can spend your points through that. Isn't that enough? They're services provided for free while in other private servers and even on Retail you have to pay for them.

4. They never should have put those kind of items in the shop i never liked that idea. I know guys that would never even dreamed of seeing RS trinket or LK weapon unless donated.As far as the adding of those items being a gift to us players i disagree it was more like a successful attempt by the staff to make players play more by hunting achievements. Sure some people donated the minimum 10 dollars to skip waiting in queue so that they can log in farm achievements, but overall it was a decision that was not good for business.

5. You staff cares about how things are used, when they are used... So my question is the same again, at ur visibility whats the point to get BIS gear from donation shop? Is that healthy to the realm?
    You are wanting to compare people getting items for free over time without playing the game with people who make donations that cover maintenance and management costs? Seriously? How "healthy" is it for a server to be closed because there's no funds to keep it running?

why achiev system
    Because many players like to hunt for those. It's a form of collection and lots of people enjoy collecting. See what I did? I pretended I only read three words out of your paragraph to reply to - like you. If you won't read everything I write so you can misrepresent my words, why should I bother answering it?

I have donated some times but low quantities... and what you gave me unless the coins? The dead of Neltharion which was my chosen realm on Warmane? Do you really care about people who spent their money here on your server?
    Of course we care. We are thankful for every single donation people give us, it's what allows us to keep things running and improving. But we have servers that can (literally) host a dozen thousands players, not individual safe bubbles for each and every player, donor or not, so only things they like, care or approve happen. It's simply impossible to care about you individually on a server level, for reasons that should be plain obvious: everyone has their own opinion of what's "best." The very fact we have many people agreeing and being happy about this change is enough proof of that. Blizzard only has paying players, yet they have pushed expansion after expansion that many people didn't agree with. Did that stop them? Does that means they don't care about their players? Or does it means they have much bigger concerns than every single necessary change they implement making every single player happy?

The gear gap is insane. And as a pvp-er , i never pve , but i have to , to be viable in pvp. Doesnt make any sense
    For the first part, that's called "playing a new character," and, surprisingly, there's nothing wrong with that. It happens on every single MMO out there - people who have been in the game/server longer are more powerful than someone new and new people have to work their asses to catch up. It's a no-brainer.

About the second part, the issue isn't with it not making sense, but with you not understanding World of Warcraft isn't a PvP game, but a PvE game with PvP elements. Much like twinking, focusing on PvP only and ignoring the vast majority of the content is your choice, not what the game was meant for.

6. Just having my tea, reading all this nonsense and wanted to say. Hi there everyone.

7. Good points but i had to quote this.
    Mist of Pandaria happened. PVE and PVP are at their places, not interfering together. U can only pvp there and gain pvp gear and be on-par with all players, and u can only pve and gain only pve gear ( obvious one). U don't have to pve , in order to pvp because having no pvp power is gimping ur dmg/heals against players.
    World of Warcraft isn't just this outdated WoTLK. Fresh 80, i dont even know where to start with. I just queued in that bg and just to be dead instantly , not even combat log had time to register the 1 shot dmg taken
    Yes, and in GTA you have cars and guns, which would be great for PvP.
    What's your point? This isn't about a Mists of Pandaria server.

8. Pls disable sm quest also. We already have so many people with sm. Besides whos gonna donate if u enable the quest. Just a suggestion.

9. I'm just kinda sad that they implemented it so fast. Atleast the other nerfs took some time for us to prepare, this one there was none. They should've moved it atleast until the end of the month. It's fine for me but some of my friends are gonna be left behind cause they can't have atleast some good trinkets and they just started playing last month lol.

I like the idea but the implementation of something that has a big impact on alot of players (probably all) should be done properly and not in a hurry.

Oh well . . . still feel kinda bad though.

Seriously though why not just move it until the end of the month? It's just next week and some people don't even know about this yet. lol

Was it announced on their FB page?

10. Pls disable sm quest also. We already have so many people with sm. Besides whos gonna donate if u enable the quest. Just a suggestion.
    .....so for the last 5 years people have been *****ing and moaning because the questline was disabled, and accused molten/warmane of leaving it disabled just to make money...now they put the time and effort in to fix it, and people are going to start complaining that it's fixed? wtf is wrong with you people.

11. When the items were introduced to the vote point shop, if you recall, every single hardcore raider and grinder stated that it was unfair to see people that applied no effort at all obtain items from instances that they don't even know how to approach. What do we have now? Random little Billies running around with a secondary BiS weapon or secondary BiS trinkets and without a single achievement from those raids. Same players that know nothing about the content but they're still wearing and showing up their Lich King weapon like they've deserved it.
    God damnit you just described me, and I was just about to cry about it.

12. The most crucial point here and that you don't seem to land is that you don't need an incentive to use the vote point shop. Hell, the server doesn't win anything from it. Only you do. However, the services provided by the website still exist there and you can spend your points through that. Isn't that enough? They're services provided for free while in other private servers and even on Retail you have to pay for them.
    Are u stupid? Why comparing a private server with retail? Warmane has 22500 players online at this time and retail has maybe millions online at this time?! In retail u pay to get a development without any bugs during ur journey with any class and here still there are bugs to be fixed. About the queue in icecrown, i have a suggestion why dont u decrease max population from lordaeron and increase it here on icecrown? ;)

13. God damnit you just described me, and I was just about to cry about it.
    loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool that was fun xD But there are some cases that gimme will to cry hard.. 2 weeks ago i catch 1 SM warrior fury almost full BiS doing just 2k more damage than me that still have neck boots and trinket rare quality xD And i wanna know the reason why i got MS retri and OS holy and only even know how to play with pala tank in this expansion... im a crap noob xD

14. .....so for the last 5 years people have been *****ing and moaning because the questline was disabled, and accused molten/warmane of leaving it disabled just to make money...now they put the time and effort in to fix it, and people are going to start complaining that it's fixed? wtf is wrong with you people.
    Never wanted it enabled too many exploiters out there.

15. Just having my tea, reading all this nonsense and wanted to say. Hi there everyone.
    hello

/pat

First 1234 Last