1. Boosting 3v3

Hi everyone! As a player who really enjoys pvp and after reading the thread about elite weapons I was thinking about how we could boost the 3v3 arenas. I came up with this idea and I would like to hear your thoughts about it. The problem right now is the following from my point of view:

There are very few rewards from playing 3v3, and you need a really high rating for obtaining them. The requirement is so high that taking into account the number of people playing 3v3, we could say it is unachievable. So why bother trying if you already know you are going to expend a lot of time on it and the chances of arriving to that point are almost zero? As a consequence almost nobody bothers playing 3v3, as it is a complete lose of time.

My idea for boosting 3v3 bracket is the following: we need to make 3v3 APPEALING to players and rewards ACHIEVABLE. How do we obtain these two requirements?

My proposal is to make the top tier pvp gear to be only achievable with a 3v3 rating requirement. This way people would really need to play 3v3 to obtain top tier pvp gear. But we have to make this in a proper way:

My idea is to make the 3v3 rating requirement quite low for some pieces of the gear and increase it gradually up to a high rating for other pieces. Something like:

-500 rating for wrists
    -750 rating for boots
    -1000 rating for belt
    -up to 2200 rating for weapon

I think that this way, playing 3v3 would be appealing because you would see that first rewards would arrive quite fast, like at the first or second week of playing 3v3. An it would be appealing to continue playing it because every week or two you would reach the requirement of a new item. There would still be challenge, because even if you could get the first pieces quite easily, being full equipped would mean going up the ladder up to high ratings.

The main drawback I see to this approach is that it could also happen that people would still not want to play 3v3, and thus, top tier pvp gear would become totally unobtainable. Then, this would create a big unbalance between pvp and pve gears. Another drawback I see is that making top tier gear requirements too low, even on 3v3 bracket, would mean that high rating players would complain about it being too easy to obtain. So the balance would need to be found, something like making some pieces obtainable through high 2v2 rating and others like I proposed, or some other way...

So this is my idea. I just created this thread to hear your thoughts about it. I am not implying it should be implemented, so please if your only response is "this is not blizzlike, it wont happen", don't bother replying. I just want to hear constructive critics, either positive or negative, or ways of modifying this mechanism to improve it. I just want to invent something to make 3v3 active, but it is not an easy task, may be it is just an stupid idea.

2. Actually this is another great idea.

It would work excelent with the -> Make 3v3 bracket great again! topic suggestion -> http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=341574

3. You have to be realistic here for a second: there's not enough population (and by that I mean active pvp players) to make 3v3 bracket work. Even 2v2 bracket is pretty dead these days...

4. You have to be realistic here for a second: there's not enough population (and by that I mean active pvp players) to make 3v3 bracket work. Even 2v2 bracket is pretty dead these days...
    5k players is not enough for a healthy arena experience ?! but the 500 people on Blackrock are able to enjoy it?
    Population has nothing to do with arena scenario as most of the players here are PvE oriented, if you did some BGs you'll see that most people are in PvE gear.

5. You have to be realistic here for a second: there's not enough population (and by that I mean active pvp players) to make 3v3 bracket work. Even 2v2 bracket is pretty dead these days...
    Well its pretty "dead" because everyone just want a flush and is ok by then. But since we will have transmog, then this could apply to old sets like on Blakcrock. And make the Vendors only for 3v3.

Hardcore players, would have reason to do more arenas and casuals arena players would go for the transmog.

And when the Wrathfull hits, this could apply for new WFsets, and that way, could be 3v3 more active.

+ make the announcment about 3v3

6. 3v3 is much more balanced than 2v2, more setup and more talent tree viable, it's also much more fun if you play with more people, I dont know why GMs dont do anything to boost the bracket :/

7. 5k players is not enough for a healthy arena experience ?! but the 500 people on Blackrock are able to enjoy it?
    Population has nothing to do with arena scenario as most of the players here are PvE oriented, if you did some BGs you'll see that most people are in PvE gear.
    Thats because those 750 people on blackrock only pvp, while a lot on the other servers just pve. And you also have this issue that if you are into serious 3v3 or 2v2, why do it on lord or ice, if you can just play on Blackrock where the really good players play. With much less effort.

8. if u want to get queues in 3s u have to spam both sides hard like i do, last night in 2 hours i got over 30 games in 3s

9. 3v3 is much more balanced than 2v2, more setup and more talent tree viable, it's also much more fun if you play with more people, I dont know why GMs dont do anything to boost the bracket :/
    Because it's up to players to get people doing it.
    Instead, we get everyone complaining it's a waste of time since no one queues... while they don't queue themselves. <Insert Jackie Chan meme>.

10. So you acknowledge there is a problem but allthesame admit to not willing to take any steps towards solving it. Interesting.. Seeing as there's barely enough people queing up even in 2v2 how do you expect the playerbase to be willing to play 3v3?

11. So you acknowledge there is a problem but allthesame admit to not willing to take any steps towards solving it. Interesting.. Seeing as there's barely enough people queing up even in 2v2 how do you expect the playerbase to be willing to play 3v3?
    I acknowledge there's a problem - with players and their "I'm gonna whine people don't do what I'm not doing myself" attitude, one that is up to players to solve. Sincerely, I don't expect that to change, since players don't seem willing to change this mentality and all queue instead of complaining no one does. One of the most surprising aspects is how all claim 3v3 is oh so fun, yet no one seems willing to do it for that fun instead of for "prizes"?

12. it is fun but nobody does anything in this game without rewards is it titles/achievement, gold or gear. for the past 3v3 got even more ripped without rewards for the average/above average player like they did on retail. so for once maybe we add challenger rival for more than 5player and rather remove titles again after 1season than award top 3 but permanently. nobody runs oldschool raids either until now with transmog implementation or nobody run naxx 10again until now when you get transmog scrolls suddenly people do naxx again or ulduar because of the weekly quest

13. I acknowledge there's a problem - with players and their "I'm gonna whine people don't do what I'm not doing myself" attitude, one that is up to players to solve. Sincerely, I don't expect that to change, since players don't seem willing to change this mentality and all queue instead of complaining no one does. One of the most surprising aspects is how all claim 3v3 is oh so fun, yet no one seems willing to do it for that fun instead of for "prizes"?
    What about the 3v3 announcer ? Did somebody even thought about it to implementing it in the game ?

14. What about the 3v3 announcer ? Did somebody even thought about it to implementing it in the game ?
    I made 3 topics about 3v3 annoucer and GM did not even bother to answer....

15. I acknowledge there's a problem - with players and their "I'm gonna whine people don't do what I'm not doing myself" attitude, one that is up to players to solve. Sincerely, I don't expect that to change, since players don't seem willing to change this mentality and all queue instead of complaining no one does. One of the most surprising aspects is how all claim 3v3 is oh so fun, yet no one seems willing to do it for that fun instead of for "prizes"?
    I agree it is a huge problem with the players attitude. I also think this is a problem that should be solved. There has been made several topics about this problem, so it looks like that are people who want it for the fun - not just for the "prizes". The problem is, is that to get something like bracket in arena to start, it needs a boost.

So to give the bracket a "boost", it is neede to for example have announcment. Because if there are nothing like that, everyone will just be thinking that the bracket is dead. If people see that there are actually other teams queueing up several times in a row trough announcment, people will try to play. Without any announcment, people won't even bother to try, because it is "dead".
    -Maybe announcment are not the best way, but at least that is one way to go.

Just my opinion, the only way to fix the attitude - is to give some support trough a boost. (I know it is the players fault, but we have already seen that the players won't change). I also belive that having an active 3v3 arena bracket, will help to increase the server population.
    - Not telling you to do this, just my personal opinion about this :)
    Edited: November 2, 2016

12 Last