1. I play with ~900-950res on my squishiest toon. I have never been 1-shot. The average PvPer has between 26-32k hp. Big hits are happening, but the only thing capable of producing a number even close to that big on someone wearing even a modicum of resillience would be a finisher move - in which case you were going to die anyway. 18k or 800 overkill the result is the same.

2. Implying people don't literally get one-shotted.
    I can record myself sitting in one of the demos stacking up buffs on my druid, do 1 starfire and litterly do around 100k hit, it has happen.

Altho I wanna beg on my knees, Can people pick up bombs Im nid achiv :DDDD

3. I play with ~900-950res on my squishiest toon. I have never been 1-shot. The average PvPer has between 26-32k hp. Big hits are happening, but the only thing capable of producing a number even close to that big on someone wearing even a modicum of resillience would be a finisher move - in which case you were going to die anyway. 18k or 800 overkill the result is the same.
    I take it you've never met a pve hunter before. Guess that shows how much you play

4. Yup every other person and their mother on this server has a hunter they BG with but I've never encountered one. Or maybe this hasn't happened because I'm an evolved human being capable of critical thinking and thus don't rush a hunter head-on without a CC prepared, or at the very least expecting a silence to be thrown in my direction. Given that I'm the only one in this thread that doesn't seem to have a problem understanding basic game mechanics to overcome a strategic disadvantage I'd say this is simply a l2p issue.

So I'll say it again: learn to CC appropriately and coordinate with your group and this BG is by far the easiest/quickest one to win. This BG is a joke. And despite all the damage being thrown around it's still the only one where low GS players can even pretend to be useful. Get good.

5. Yup every other person and their mother on this server has a hunter they BG with but I've never encountered one. Or maybe this hasn't happened because I'm an evolved human being capable of critical thinking and thus don't rush a hunter head-on without a CC prepared, or at the very least expecting a silence to be thrown in my direction. Given that I'm the only one in this thread that doesn't seem to have a problem understanding basic game mechanics to overcome a strategic disadvantage I'd say this is simply a l2p issue.

So I'll say it again: learn to CC appropriately and coordinate with your group and this BG is by far the easiest/quickest one to win. This BG is a joke. And despite all the damage being thrown around it's still the only one where low GS players can even pretend to be useful. Get good.
    You tell me that one shots don't happen, I question you ever seeing a pve hunter in a demo, and you tell me to learn to cc? You should probably put those critical thinking skills to use.

6. Just out of curiousity. Why would u want to cc a full pve geared hunter if u can kill him in a few hits?

7. If you'll take a second to re-read you'll see that I lead with very apparent sarcasm telling you that I encounter PvE hunters quite frequently. I play this game a decent bit and most of my time is spent in BGs.
    Immediately following that sentence I continued to play off of my (again quite apparent) sarcasm to suggest that when I DO encounter these deadly PvE huntards I use strategy to bring them down, as opposed to simply running right into their vision/range without a plan or support.

For your ease of understanding: Yes, I do encounter PvE hunters quite frequently. No, I do not die to them so often that I feel the need to come to the forums and QQ about their damage in the only BG I'm not able to zerg all over with my donormourne premade. In the future I'll be sure to write all of my sarcasm in Comic Sans so that you're infantile brain can digest it properly. Now you're a fool in two posts. GG.

8. Just out of curiousity. Why would u want to cc a full pve geared hunter if u can kill him in a few hits?
    Because while you can kill him in a few, apparently he can kill you (see these nubs) in one. Better to be safe than sorry. Especially as a caster when you know he's packing a short CD silence.

9. If you'll take a second to re-read you'll see that I lead with very apparent sarcasm telling you that I encounter PvE hunters quite frequently. I play this game a decent bit and most of my time is spent in BGs.
    Immediately following that sentence I continued to play off of my (again quite apparent) sarcasm to suggest that when I DO encounter these deadly PvE huntards I use strategy to bring them down, as opposed to simply running right into their vision/range without a plan or support.
    I play with ~900-950res on my squishiest toon. I have never been 1-shot.
    the only thing capable of producing a number even close to that big on someone wearing even a modicum of resillience would be a finisher move - in which case you were going to die anyway
    Yeah, the first reply is what I was referring to. You know, where you had no sarcasm and talk about how it doesn't happen. The second reply is just you contradicting yourself. But do tell me more about how I should shackle the hunters in my donormourne premade. Your assumptions are still screaming that you have no clue what you're rambling on about and only care to talk ****.

10. Because while you can kill him in a few, apparently he can kill you (see these nubs) in one. Better to be safe than sorry. Especially as a caster when you know he's packing a short CD silence.
    I didn't even want to pronounce myself considering that I'm on a hiatus but I'll gladly break my hiatus to make sure my hunter brings you to the ground in less than 3 seconds. Also known as one-shot. Wanna try it?

Stop acting like a smartass when you're clearly an ***** with lack of knowledge.

For your ease of understanding: Yes, I do encounter PvE hunters quite frequently. No, I do not die to them so often that I feel the need to come to the forums and QQ about their damage in the only BG I'm not able to zerg all over with my donormourne premade. In the future I'll be sure to write all of my sarcasm in Comic Sans so that you're infantile brain can digest it properly. Now you're a fool in two posts. GG.
    You know what's funny? Even those "donormourne's" usually last five seconds under my target and this whole quote shows how ignorant you are under the PvP board. I'll ask it again; Wanna try it or are you gonna keep spitting **** in form of posts?
    Edited: November 15, 2016

11. It's not just hunters... I've hit 22k Lava Burst with my ele shaman the other day... But, I think it's quite random, sometimes I crit for 11-12k, maybe trinket procs screw things up?

12. Hello, I am Justmarried, the GM of the pvp guild VIRTUS. Mainly doing PvP and most of the time BG's, I came across a troubling fact. After encountering players (mainly pve bis geared ) in a demolisher and quite often seeing them kill everyone around them only with 1-2 spells, I have decided to open up this thread to ask your opinion on this matter. I believe that most of the community would agree on this matter, that the damage buff makes Strand of the Ancients unplayable and just seeing it pop makes people want to leave the BG. Some of you may say "But wait, the cannons hit for 10k", that is correct but when the player in demo can hit up to 30k quite easily, the cannons don't matter at this point simply because they can be dealt with rather easily. Also I am sure that this is a step forward on improvement, we all know that the key to success is by working together, so I ask rest of you, for your opinions so together we can accomplish a better PvP experience and make SOTA great again.

P.S This post is meant to share your opinion regarding to this specific thing, keep hate to yourself.

Best regards.
    You're absolutely right, Justmarried.

This is an issue that has been dragged for way too long and it used to be one of the most well known discussions between the PvP'ers. Here's the issue though: Our Developers are chickens without a head that don't even play the game and don't test their releases before pushing it to the live realm.

A percentage value of around 220% to 230% of damage increase seems logical right? I mean, the scaling sounds about right and everything right? It's a pure issue of applying proper math behind a logical and rational thought but sometimes I do understand that even that can be the community asking for too much. Here's a quick note; It doesn't help AT ALL that those same devs aren't checking how those so called "fixes" behave on the live realm after they are released. Instead of doing that, the image that reflects, is that they keep acting like everything is working fine and dandy.

When we have developers that provide answers like; "It works on my machine" I guess that tells you the commitment applied behind a code. Not even to mention the fact that every single time that a new "fix" is released something new breaks. It's just a matter of searching for it. Reminds me of a good exploit that some people were using in AV to kill the boss in a matter of seconds without even taking damage. Same exploit that became a thing after a new "fix". If only things were done right in the first place...

The worst part is who allowed to pass this kind of features in the first place. Quality control? Yes, the so called rank for that exists. Work presented? Nada. Zero. Nothing. It reminds me the ridiculous ammount of issues that shown up with the original release of this "new core". When they were reported, the "quality control" representer was more concerned in making sure that those evidences weren't exposed as they were being exposed. I'll be the guy reminding that when so many fixes are required to go out in the first place that means that the job was not delivered properly, quite contrary, it was POORLY done. I know a lot of people that would kill for a job like that and I also know a handful of them that were fired from their jobs for less.

This kind of situations are situations that should be addressed as top priority since they are GAME-BREAKING MECHANICS and that are abused by multiple players, however, considering the lack of consistency delivered not only by the Dev Team but by the GM team as well I'm not surprised. Nothing changed since the last former complaint was presented and the lack of consistency still exists under that regard.

The PvP scenario fell to the background of the development priority when Icecrown Citadel was completely broken thanks to the implementation of a new core that, probably, was only working on a specific set of machines and poorly tested right from the start. I'll end up with this quote;

We have some of the finest private server developers out there. Some of them even got hired by Blizzard itself!
    Yeah, right. They were also fired one month after for pushing content to the live realm stating that it was properly emulated on their machine. And there? There isn't room for lack of commitment and responsibility.

Dear devs,
    Spoiler: Show

And now, with all of this being said, back to my personal hiatus since this is still the same old, same old. #WereallKasumii
    Edited: November 15, 2016

13. Because while you can kill him in a few, apparently he can kill you (see these nubs) in one. Better to be safe than sorry. Especially as a caster when you know he's packing a short CD silence.
    So how do u exactly want to CC him, tell me about it? Sheep, cyclone, hex, etc are all spells with casting time and the hunter can silent shot u, scatter shot u, use feign death and if nothing help use deterrence to avoid ur CC.
    And even if u are lucky enough to land the cc and the hunter has no medallion to brake it, what are u going to do against the second demo passenger that 3 shots u in the mean time?

14. Always a pleasure looking at these politically oriented posts. It seems as you have not read the subject at all and just went ahead and completely disregarded it and just wanted an outlet for god knows what reason to complain about this. Not to mention, you skipped over the P.S part.

For your information, and information to this OP, on this particular subject, this works as intended. It's like this on every other private server and has been allegedly like that on 3.3.5 patch as well. The only exploit ever mentioned in the history of public sources was the fact that you could make these benefits stick to you after getting out of the demolisher.

So far we haven't been able to get any reliable information to showcase it otherwise, if anyone does, they're welcome to share.

15. Always a pleasure looking at these politically oriented posts. It seems as you have not read the subject at all and just went ahead and completely disregarded it and just wanted an outlet for god knows what reason to complain about this. Not to mention, you skipped over the P.S part.

For your information, and information to this OP, on this particular subject, this works as intended. It's like this on every other private server and has been allegedly like that on 3.3.5 patch as well. The only exploit ever mentioned in the history of public sources was the fact that you could make these benefits stick to you after getting out of the demolisher.

So far we haven't been able to get any reliable information to showcase it otherwise, if anyone does, they're welcome to share.
    Well, the point of this thread is not to make any arguments or anything negative, it's about possibility to change the buff slightly so it doesn't scale into crazy numbers, we all know that it's hard to face pve geared players in demos. Also i think Warmane should not aim to be like " any other private server" but instead have it's unique system that finds common language with community and makes it great for both sides, I am sure that players would be only happy to see changes in SOTA.

First 123 Last