1. Well, but stance dancing isnt a problem. Arms has also shield wall, shield block and disarm which are the most important defensive CDs. Arms doesnt has last stand but gets blood craze in return.
    It's a loss of rage, though. I mean, it's easy enough to macro it, but having to switch hurts your damage output.
    Given the same gear, sure. But dont prot gear as glass cannons? Max damage 0-400 resiliance? Compared to a 1k+ resil war they will die much faster just due to that.
    Against a Ret Paladin and a Mage, yes. Definitely. I mention these two because they have abilities that allow them to break stuns frequently. A Prot Warrior has a lot of CC that a Arms Warrior doesn't have. So unless you're fighting a group of people, generally the Prot Warrior will be more tanky. Playing competitively as Prot requires you to grab some resilience, though. In a high-rating arena setting, you can't go glass cannon like you can do in BGs, which is really gimmicky tbh. It's about as effective as going full PvE Blood or Frost DK for BGs just to oneshot people.
    So better go with warrior ( prot or arms)...what about soloing? I read that DKs are the best for this, which talent tree suits the best for pvp and what for pve? How are they in pvp? Are they easy to learn?
    That depends on what you're soloing and what you're up against. If you're solo queueing BGs, I consider a Warrior to be superior, especially if you need to deal with enemy healers. Staying with a group of people in the BG, you can use your Mortal Strike effect(s) to a great extent. A Warrior is vastly superior to either a Blood DK (you can't kill much of anything unless it's someone who doesn't know how to run away and can't heal) or a Moonkin (similar deal as a Blood DK).

If you're soloing PvE content, then DK is probably the way to go. DKs and Druids are both really strong in group content as well. Warriors bring damage, but not much else.

For group PvP content, a Moonkin is probably the most effective, but DKs and Warriors can also be strong for premades as well.

Edit: To add, Blood Death Knight is probably the easiest to learn. Being a good Warrior and a good Moonkin for PvP are both fairly difficult. But I would also say that all of the classes are fairly easy to get into initially. You'll just need to practice. You can't really jump into a class and expect to be amazing at it in only a few days. You'll have to be comfortable with being OK at it for a while, and practice as much as you can to improve upon yourself.

2. Against a Ret Paladin and a Mage, yes. Definitely. I mention these two because they have abilities that allow them to break stuns frequently. A Prot Warrior has a lot of CC that a Arms Warrior doesn't have. So unless you're fighting a group of people, generally the Prot Warrior will be more tanky.
    Hm... to my understanding "tanky" means that ur character can eat a lot of dmg and not that he is cappable to throw out lots of CC. Otherwise u could also call rogs "tanky".

Playing competitively as Prot requires you to grab some resilience, though. In a high-rating arena setting, you can't go glass cannon like you can do in BGs, which is really gimmicky tbh. It's about as effective as going full PvE Blood or Frost DK for BGs just to oneshot people.
    Well, thats actually not true.
    Full pve geared prot with 0 resilience is absolute viable for high rating in 2s because like u said, he has lots of CC to stop the opponent from dealing dmg. 3s is a different story, like 600 resilience is neccesary to survive there.

3. So better go with warrior ( prot or arms)...what about soloing? I read that DKs are the best for this, which talent tree suits the best for pvp and what for pve? How are they in pvp? Are they easy to learn?
    The answer to this and every other question about classes in pvp in woltk is the same, go onto blackrock - make every class you are interested in and just try them out (you get instant lvl 80 and free full relentless set there). You can duel, hit a target dummy, run some bgs or do some arenas - play them all and then pick what you like best.

4. The answer to this and every other question about classes in pvp in woltk is the same, go onto blackrock - make every class you are interested in and just try them out (you get instant lvl 80 and free full relentless set there). You can duel, hit a target dummy, run some bgs or do some arenas - play them all and then pick what you like best.
    Wise words. Blackrock is great for testing stuff out. That's i how i learnt that healing in BGs is hard on the eyes because you stare at the screen all the time xD

5. Wise words. Blackrock is great for testing stuff out. That's i how i learnt that healing in BGs is hard on the eyes because you stare at the screen all the time xD
    Healing in general is really tough on the eyes, indeed. I find myself staring at grid 80% of the time. To compensate, I try and use instant casts when I can get away with it and move around randomly. It usually works out. But not always!

First 12