1. Lordaeron and its dificulty

Hello Warmane comunity,

I've been thinking about something these days while wasting my time on youtube seeing all the hype for ****** and I really wanted to talk to somebody about my curiosity...so why not with the entire server, right? I'm a noob, a casual, a whatever. I've started playing in TBC, but got to experience very little of it, then Wrath came up...I still have not finished Icecrown, because pugs and because reasons.

I love Wrath because of the lore, because of the zones, the features(dual wield-i've played tbc on Excalibur for a while and I felt the dual wield absence), everything.

HERE IS THE MAIN THING:

Why people are leaving Lordaeron? Or better said, why so many left?-and you'd say that Icc is easier in terms of lvling and that raids and insanely buffed on Lordaeron but hear me out-.
    I've never played Vanilla, neither am I very interested in it but I've watched a lot of videos about it, about pvp, about raiding, lvling and so on. It was a great game and I understand the hype for it from those who want to play it again. The thing is, Vanilla kept you busy, you had to grind a lot to get something, a lot of time was needed-and of course the main part was played by the comunity. Woltk is considered by many a more...casual expansion, if we're talking about dedicated raiders of course. Warmane is a private server...Woltk is what is, it does not get more, after ICC is up on Lordaeron that's it, an infinite cycle(don't get me wrong, I love all that this cycle has). In the Lordaeron realm Warmane did something that I think was meant to keep players busy more...like they were in Vanilla(or tbc for that matter). The buffs to raids require better gear so you have to grind more before you can start it to begin with and also, the raid is not "Easy" and yes, no new mechanics, but Vanilla was all about numbers as well in raids. I think it's a shame people are so hasty in getting the best gear.. because is nothing more after that, making it harder promotes a long period of playing and having more chances to meet new people and enjoy the game.

I'm curios about your oppinions, for real, because I met some great people on this server and I've really enjoyed playing on it so far. This whole topic comes from a player worried that a server that's as good as Lordaeron is, might die over time and it does not really makes much sense to me... Anyway, no offense to anyone playing Icecrown, I'm glad people have options to chose from and to enjoy the game as they desire.

^^

2. If all the disabling and buffing were meant to keep players busy enough, they probably failed in that aspect... because I managed to get 4 toons of different classes (Death Knight, Warrior, Mage, and Warlock) into 80, 2 of which are capable of doing heroics while the other is about 3k+ gs. On the other hand, I hadn't even reached level 45 on 2 of my toons (Paladin and Warrior) in Nostalrius let alone 60.

Granted, all the ability changes (I levelled my warrior as Fury btw, so the changes are not as obvious as Prot) makes everything much easier, and we do get fast mount quite early in the game for cheap price. Plus the game now shows how much each item is worth in vendor, encouraging me to save them for selling.
    Edited: December 15, 2016

3. All things die, it is inevitable. With that said, people have loved wotlk ever since it came out and I dont see the interest fade out anytime soon here in the private scene becaue cataclysm was a walk in the park and I personally dont like MoP a lot but people said it was good on retail so dno and lets not get into warlords of draenor. I think the ever developing scripts here is why people play Lordaeron and of course the fact that there's no pay to win and ICC is still awaiting the raiders thus making it something to look forward to.

After this, I dont really get your point, you spout things about vanilla and like..trying to compare the two? There's nothing to compare, two different games. I personally dont understand the hype for one bit, vanilla was epic and revolutionary in a sense but it was also a very unpolished game. It was very broken in many aspects and quite PvE oriented, ironic because you had to grind forever to get anywhere and I dont see it as a challenge to farm mats all day everyday, its just a very tedious and boring type of gameplay. Now before I get jumped, Im not saying that vanilla was easy, far from it is the truth but damn it was boring.

4. They turned off normal features like,Call to Arms,Heirlooms and RDF,but they implemented custom items and features like the scrolls and transmogrification and custom difficulties for raids.
    They allowed multiboxer,which made very many players leave the realm.
    They are very arrogant and treat the players with no respect on the forum .
    They want to make Lordaeron look good by comparing it to the old one,instead of the same realm ,1 year ago.
    The hype is gone.
    This realm would have been worse if it weren't for that nostalgic vanilla shutdown.
    First they were so confident because they had such a big player pool that they that they did everything they wanted without giving a cookie about the community's opinion.Now they want to repair what they've done by disabling normal,blizzlike features with custom and more custom features.

They promised that we could turn off transmogrification,2 months have past since that moment and not a single statement have been posted about that. This situation can give us all a brief view of how they keep their word and respect the community and the "blizzlike" concept,right now If they were to implement 255lvl and shadowmourne,none would care that they promised the opposite.

They lied to us,they did not respect us and treated us like we wouldn't exist,I feel disappointed because they changed their behavior based on the population figures.
    When Molten has hijacked they were very respectful and now we are given some obnoxious replies as if we are nothing.

5. You're an *****. How can you say these things? I see the staff replying here on the forum all the way even if its the same question they've answered 10k times before. The support ingame whenever you had problems was also always very good, atleast from my experience. You also lie about changing opinions, lol come the **** on, the information in the PTR thread has barely changed since now, what do you base this **** off?

And by all means correct me if im wrong but wasnt Lordaeron supposed to be staff only at first? Like they just released it to the public due to popular demand? They've said it over and over..this is THEIR jewel and they wanted it to be the way THEY want it to be. They have another realm who people who cannot live without the rdf and everything else that you guys want.

6. They promised that we could turn off transmogrification,2 months have past since that moment and not a single statement have been posted about that.
    I've quoted time and again that it's been put into lower priority. I'm not even going to bother finding the original quote. You can find them on one of my posts in different threads. Oh look, there's that thread about transmog turn off feature just below, complete with staff replies and stuff, why not go check there?

Also, I've never felt disrespected or receive any disrespectful replies from the staff. Maybe it's just how you look/treat them?

7. They are very arrogant and treat the players with no respect on the forum.
    Respect is a two-way street, buddy. And this forum happens to be our private property. With a post like yours, why do you think you deserve respect? You need to give it before you can expect to get it.

As for the rest of the post. It is OUR realm. As I've said, probably a half dozen times before, we would continue to host the realm even if it only had 20 people playing on it. It is a realm made for ourselves. It is a realm created in the image of what we, the staff, would want from a WoW experience. If you don't like the design ideals, which we made very clear before even broadcasting/advertising the realm, then you are very much welcome to play elsewhere - there is absolutely nothing stopping you from playing somewhere that offers an experience you find more suitable to your tastes. This realm isn't intended to be "BLIZZ-LIKE". It never was. Anyone who thought otherwise are either being trolled by their fellow players or they didn't read the thread we have literally stickied to the very top of this exact same forum section. Thank you.

Merry Christmas to you too.

8. Biggest difficulty on this realm is silent fixes to bosses that obselete your tactic up and make you wipe. Seriously, some transparency won't hurt.