1. Holy Paladin pvp - gems and enchants

Hello there guys .. am playing a holy paladin pvp my gear score is 5.6 but my gems and enchants are not placed well .. am asking for help about gems and enchants for holy pvp.

thanks infront :)

2. You'll want to focus mainly on spell power. The only other stats that you should worry about are crit, mp5 and resilience.

Resilience & Crit are yellow gem color.
    Spell power is red and mp5 is blue.

You don't need to use pure gems. I would suggest using hybrid gems to get the colors and stats you need. So, like this;
    Red: SP
    Yellow: SP & Resil or Crit
    Blue: SP & mp5

Meta gem: I recommend either Ember Skyflare Diamond or Insightful Earthsiege Diamond.

Enchants are much more straightforward.
    Helm: 29sp & 20 resil (Wintergrasp)
    Shoulder: 23sp & 15 resil (Wintergrasp)
    Cloak: Haste or a resistance enchant
    Chest: +10 stats or +20 resilience
    Bracers: 30 sp
    Hands: 28 sp
    Legs: sp & stamina
    Boots: Tuskarr's
    Weapon: +63 sp
    Shield: +25 intellect

3. More or less what Mercy said but as low geared hpal you have think from another pov:

is stacking resilience worth spell power loss if bis geared characters one shot you anyway? If you struggle to reach 3.1k'ish spell power, stacking resilience is probably not worth it (there's practically no difference vs bis players are you 800 or 1000 resilience, it will start making difference only at higher values).

Instead of standard Insightful Earthsiege Diamond which is superior meta for healers at higher gear, something like spell power + stun reduction, or even spell reflection meta can be more useful for survivablity (at low gear its unlikely you can last until you run out of mana vs highly geared teams).

Cloak: +23 haste (optional spell power as engineer), resistance wont do anything for you if you aren't aware of spell resistance mechanics and how to abuse resistance auras.
    Chest: +20 resilience only. +10 all stats gives you 10 intellect, 10 stamina, rather useless (youd never gem that over resilience in pvp, same concept for enchant).

Legs: you can decide between spell power or resilience leg enchant depending on your stats.

You need around 1.1k resilience before it becomes something you can even possibly depend on.

My pov is for arenas, not BGs.

4. My paladin is significantly better geared but you should aim for atleast 1200 resi and 3300 + spell power. That with end game gear speaking but you get the idea. What the people above me said is absolutely correct - gem for what you need. When you collect endgame gear you would most likely have to re-gem.

5. Hijackings Mercy's formatting. Arena 2s Itemization i play hpal 2.9 glad, warr 2.5

Red: SP & Resil
    Yellow: SP & Resil
    Blue: SP & mp5

Meta gem: Insightful Earthsiege Diamond.

Helm: 29sp & 20 resil (Wintergrasp)
    Shoulder: 23sp & 15 resil (Wintergrasp)
    Cloak: Haste or Engi
    Chest: +20 resilience
    Bracers: 30 sp
    Hands: 28 sp
    Legs: sp & ressi
    Boots: Tuskarr's
    Weapon: +63 sp
    Shield: +25 intellect

An increase in resilience always helps dunno what touchdownpew is about.
    Low gear you wanna make sure you have enough resi, sp isnt as important

6. Should you aim for the socket bonuses or just add whichever stat you need?

7. is stacking resilience worth spell power loss if bis geared characters one shot you anyway? If you struggle to reach 3.1k'ish spell power, stacking resilience is probably not worth it (there's practically no difference vs bis players are you 800 or 1000 resilience, it will start making difference only at higher values).
    The opposite is the case.
    When you are furious/rele geared you want to stack as much resilience as possible until you reach 1200 resilience to avoid beeing one shot by BiS opponents.
    1200 res > SP > rest

With 5.6k GS you can tank BiS opponents when you stack resilience gems. When you stack on that gear level SP instead then you'll have serious issues.
    Edited: November 17, 2021