1. Time for a change!

It's time for a change and I think everybody agrees with that!

We're playing same custom patch, same gear for 1 year now.
    Maybe bring back 3.3.5a and keep only the Sacred Cleansing nerf and Rogue Cloak of Shadows buff. The rest of 3.3.5b is unnecessarily added.

We need to have some diversity, need to have some gear and meta change.
    Go with 277, 284, 226 iLvL trinkets, swap around 277/264 weapons (PvE ones as well) and enjoy a new meta every season. We're sick of playing same 264 things over and over again. Server is no fun at the moment.

Another thing I would like to address is the gearing part.
    Farming gear every 3 days is not healthy for us or server.

Let's take for example CS:GO -> that's a skill based game, everyone has the same potential of killing, they're given equal chances. Nobody gets better weapons over farming anything.

Farming gear -> demotivated people
    Free gear and being able to compete equally with everyone -> motivated people

A lot of people I know quitted the server or don't want to come back because of having to farm gear for 2 months.

Time to revamp the server and make it more fun for everybody if not with free gear, at least with changing the meta every season so we can have new challenges!
    Edited: December 30, 2016

2. +1

Should be at least flush every 2 days if not daily. Some meta change would be nice too, 264 is really boring now, I would prefer 226 over 284 though to make it more balanced. That's just my opinion.

3. +1

Change gear iLvL, preferably every season or every second season.

I'd keep 3.3.5b though, no reason to make some of the specs even more unplayable.

4. +1, Back when I started playing on this server many years ago, flushes were on a daily basis, end of season day had two flushes even. I have a bunch of guild members who aren't interested in playing anymore due to the "get your 10 games then logout" mentality, it feels more like a weekly quest than something that's actually funny.

I'd like to see some changes in gear at least (ICC rings?) 277 trinkets were super nice since it promoted more comps being viable. (Double Mage for an example).

Keep the 3.3.5b patch, just do something about the gear please. :)

5. I agree, the server needs a change.

I wouldn't remove gear farming. I would, instead, increase flush frequency. Over the course of bringing gear farming back the population has increased. Besides, that was originally one of wow's beauties. I believe they should also reduce the cost of Main Set pieces. Right now they take 1-2 weeks to farm.

Instead of going back to 3.3.5a, they should just take it to 3.3.5c. Some changes occured on retail which could be easily implemented. For example, removing dodge and parry chance from as many classes as possible to avoid gamebreaking situations that only rely on numeric chances and not skill.
    They could revert some of the changes you mentioned, but they should mainly focus on what is removing luck from the game as far as humanly possible. This is completely a PvP realm so there should be only a decision making aspect, and not randomly generated events.

Another idea that could be fun is to reset seasons so people start with Deadly glad, earn Deadly Gladiator's title upon achieving Rank 1. Then next season would be S6, S7, and finally S8. There would be a lot of diversity in gameplay and playstyle each season, and it is a thing which hasn't been done for a long time.

Dementia should be changed to just amplify damage done, and its timer should be brought back to what it was before, in my opinion. Right now it only benefits teams that don't have a healer and it seems rather unfair. Plus, there are also those who play passively and do 20-minute matches just to get to dementia and be able to win.

As for transmogrification, the system is currently okay, but could be better. If the developers would be arsed with this suggestion, they could make a market where you trade your findings for other pieces that you need.

That is what I could think of for now :)

PS: good luck with the thread

6. You've failed to provide a single substantial argument for any kind of change. "I'm bored" is not an argument. Why should things change only because you personally are bored?

I'm not even attacking you as there's nothing to attack; try and come up with a post that actually points out what you think is wrong with the current system, why that is, how you'd like to see it improved and why would it actually mean an improvement.

7. He actually pointed out a flaw and posted an argument. Start reading from csgo.

+1 btw and as for the gear, personally its kinda fun for me to farm it cause im realitvely new to this srv but for the older players i can totally understand the boring grind to get uour gear again amd again.

8. from my point of view:

1) adding 277/284 pve gear it is the WORST thing ever for someone who likes PvP.
    Stay at 264 is fine

What makes "blackrock arena" better then "icecrwon arena" is that you do not face human arms Warrior with 1,1k arp
    Try to play on Icecrwon ad see how fun is facing them

2) About suggesting to not famr gear... Really?
    Did you guys forget that we had free wrathful for everyone for 1 year?
    Did you guys forget what happened?

If you guys forget then what happened was a drop of blackrock population.
    What you say about "farming" gear is totally wrong.
    If you HAVE to farm you will play longer and you get more "legate" to the character you are playing
    If you start with full gear you lost motivation ( generally speaking of course, for few players is the opposite BUT they are not the majority)

That is why we had a reset of gear, because they realized it has been a bad decision giving free wrathful

Edit: I might understand if you guys ask for more arena flush but asking for free wrtahful means you guys lost your memory
    Edited: December 31, 2016

9. It's time for a change
    No it isn't.

and I think everybody agrees with that!

Everybody? Are you sure. Are you one of those people who say "everybody" instead of "few of my friends"?

Maybe bring back 3.3.5a and keep only the Sacred Cleansing nerf and Rogue Cloak of Shadows buff. The rest of 3.3.5b is unnecessarily added.
    Why? Buffing weaker spec is unnecessary? Are any of them OP now? If not, what's the issue?

We need to have some diversity, need to have some gear and meta change.
    You still fail to tell us why. You being bored is not an argument.

Farming gear every 3 days is not healthy for us or server.
    Because, let me guess, you're bored? Providing incentives for people to log in and play the game can only be good for the server. Two resets a week and daily BGs rewarding AP means exactly that. It also means that players become more invested in their characters, making them less likely to quit.

Let's take for example CS:GO
    Maybe you should go play that then.

that's a skill based game
    AT, at this point, is about 2s and soloq. Not sure why you talk about a skill based game.

A lot of people I know quitted the server
    Look, I know "autism" is being thrown around a lot as a now meaningless insult, but one of the key traits of it is being unable to empathize with other people. Your entire post is written from a very limited perspective. Idk what to tell you.
    Edited: December 31, 2016

10. **** 3.3.5a. They should make 3.3.5c and buff certain classes more. Going back to mch will decrease activity in yoloq, so instead remove certain comps, such as ls/x. And nothing is more fun than losing only because u play in dalaran/blade's edge arena vs ele shaman or warlock. Not even gonna mention boomkins cuz boomies are still nerfed to ****. And hack patches still work on Blackrock smh. Also, if u want challenges, why dont u try playing a non fotm class or atleast non fotm comp?

11. I speak on behalf of the majority of good players on Blackrock. And as we all know, Arena-Tournament, now Blackrock, shined and had its best times when very good players had a point in discussing what's good for the server (Jpeg, Zki, Azk being GMs).

After more discussions with high rated players on the server, we decided that 3.3.5a again is not a good thing but we all agreed about the gear change every season.

3.3.5a and free gear were optional. I understoon that people who actually farmed a lot will be unhappy with that decision.
    What we really want and care about is a minor gear change every season. Right now, it was 264 weapons/trinkets for 7 months. Maybe this season will bring us 277 weapons and trinkets, or 226 trinkets only, who knows.

12. I would like to ask you guys to stop making this thread a clown fiesta.

Quote from a thread one month ago:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2749724

I play a moonkin and went from 1380 to 1750 in two weeks and about 400 games. I still lose mostly due to incompetent healers on my team who're then happy to point out the number of games I've played, but hey, I've gained almost 400 rating too, and I've improved as a player considerably.

Crymoor (http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....72#post2714672), as you can see, never passed 1500 rating never.
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ckrock/profile
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

I know I'm going to be hated but I don't want Blackrock to be decided by players that have achieved nothing in this game. (btw, congrats on being very smart, graduated top notch schools and got completed your education, 50 years old chemistry teachers playing this game with us, kids.)

Other than these two guys hating me and not my ideas, thanks everyone for providing feedback even if I disagree with some of it.
    For example, I think that 277/284 PvE won't ruin the server and it will not make melees overpowered.
    I also did play Icecrown realm last season (to rank1 in 3v3 even) and nothing seemed overpowered to me.

Sorry, but I care about this server and listening to the marjority (which hasn't the necessary experience to add something to the server) already did more harm than good.

13. i support this , i like the idea with 226 trinkets again.

123 ... Last