1. I like not having rdf at all.

2. Well, seeing as how a moderator went on ignoring constructive posts to keep fighting over childish things, I'll just go ahead and say what I think after reading the whole thread.

It's CLEAR at this point that most players, at least on the forums, would like to see the RDF implemented or at least some sort of LFG tool enabled, because the current system is just impractical: it's neraly impossible to broadcast a message on Global because of the insane amount of spam and you can't really rely on the /who tool anymore because of the query restriction. As a result, players are just skipping the dungeon content, which is never ideal. Dungeons are there to be experienced, and if people are skipping them, it means something went wrong. It's very easy to see that the staff is biased towards not having any form of RDF at all, and I get it's hard to swallow one's pride and admit the whole thing was just a bad idea, seeing as it was one of the most distinctive features on this realm, but hey, this is just ridiculous. Most people are begging for it at this point.
    Personally, I really liked the TBC LFG tool idea, it wouldn't really affect the social aspect of the game and it definitely would help solve the pain of looking for a group. But at the very least, seeing as how the vast majority of the people in this thread want some form of RDF tool, the staff should held a poll if anything just to clear this whole thing up.

Edit: some minor typos.
    It's ironic that you say I'm "ignoring" what you call "constructive posts," while what they - and you - keep ignoring the fact Lordaeron doesn't has RDF, was built to not have it, the last big chance for it to happen is gone (release of ICC), and there are no plans of implementing it in the feasible future. That feature was known even before the server officially opened, it was no secret and nothing anyone can claim to only have found out after "wasting" weeks of time or whatever. Anyone who decided to play here was (or really should have been) aware of that. If you aren't part of the people who enjoy that, but who picked Lordaeron for other things about it, you implicitly agreed to bear with it just the same. Why should we betray the people who joined and play because they got what they were told they'd get?

3. It's ironic that you say I'm "ignoring" what you call "constructive posts," while what they - and you - keep ignoring the fact Lordaeron doesn't has RDF, was built to not have it, the last big chance for it to happen is gone (release of ICC), and there are no plans of implementing it in the feasible future. That feature was known even before the server officially opened, it was no secret and nothing anyone can claim to only have found out after "wasting" weeks of time or whatever. Anyone who decided to play here was (or really should have been) aware of that. If you aren't part of the people who enjoy that, but who picked Lordaeron for other things about it, you implicitly agreed to bear with it just the same. Why should we betray the people who joined and play because they got what they were told they'd get?
    To be fair there was talk of the -possibility- of it being implemented, by the Warmane staff, during or after the ICC patch because that's when it released during retail. I won't bother to look for the posts that stated as much because they're buried or deleted but it's been a consistent theme in posts like this and I know you've been part of a few of them. I would like to say though that I appreciate your adamant devotion to the players of this realm and I think it really speaks for what Warmane stands for today.

I think if most of us who voted against RDF could see what the state of things would be at this point we never would have voted against it but even if so that doesn't excuse some of the other points that Evienne or in the past others have made in regards to the gimped /who and lack of TBC LFG. It's a compounded issue that could easily be fixed with an enabled RDF but that could also be mended with some of the other suggestions in this thread to preserve the original intention of this realm. Another aspect we overlooked with the original vote against RDF was the language barrier; people who speak poor english or no english at all can't even bother to join the Global group forming process or can be a real hassle for those of us who don't speak their language which forces them to play with people who can speak their language, furthering the separation of group forming.

I mean realistically how many players are going to up and leave Lordaeron or go play another WotLK realm because we have RDF enabled? Considering every WotLK Pserver has RDF and that it couldn't damage the socializing of group forming anymore than it is while providing increased group forming and less Global spam, probably not anymore than who decide against playing here because it is disabled. Now forget enabling RDF and at least give us reduced wait time on /who and an LFG tool and the risk to the original voters going ape **** is minimal.

Finally let's keep in mind what kind of affect the release of Icecrown had on the Lordaeron population and the further affect Outland will have on it in conjunction with the compounds of this issue and it's clear to see that it's only getting worse over time.

EDIT: A final suggestion; It is enjoyable to see the 80s spamming their group forming as it keeps us lower level players up to date on what's being farmed and what's valuable along with which guilds are on what content so to further preserve the intention of this realm enabling RDF or LFG tool for 1-70 would I think be an applicable option for some; obviously plenty of max level players will argue that it's unfair and a tool mostly made for endgame dungeon grinding but I wanted to throw it out there on top of the already long list of opinionated suggestions in this thread.
    Edited: April 12, 2017

4. To be fair there was talk of the -possibility- of it being implemented, by the Warmane staff, during or after the ICC patch because that's when it released during retail.
    Yes, there was mentions that maybe with the release of ICC. But it wasn't an official maybe, so to say, it was just us informing that ICC was the crucial point where the Administration might change their minds about it - which didn't happen. That maybe didn't come from the Administration telling us they were reconsidering it, just our best guess of when it might happen, if it ever did.

I think if most of us who voted against RDF could see what the state of things would be at this point we never would have voted against it but even if so that doesn't excuse some of the other points that Evienne or in the past others have made in regards to the gimped /who and lack of TBC LFG. It's a compounded issue that could easily be fixed with an enabled RDF but that could also be mended with some of the other suggestions in this thread to preserve the original intention of this realm. Another aspect we overlooked with the original vote against RDF was the language barrier; people who speak poor english or no english at all can't even bother to join the Global group forming process or can be a real hassle for those of us who don't speak their language which forces them to play with people who can speak their language, furthering the separation of group forming.
    What vote? There was never an official poll. All there was was a player-created one that we allowed to happen for discussion's sake only, and we made that clear in the thread. RDF being disabled never was something decided by votes, it was a design feature going to happen, simple as that. Regarding a "LFG tool," that's been suggested many times and isn't up to me. Staff has been aware of that suggestion. Still, the way I see it personally, a player created a great add-on to do just that, but people simply didn't use it. People spammed Global about it, urging people to use it... and it died, while the whining about RDF remained. That gives me a clear message that people don't want just a LFG, they want "lazy dungeon finder" with teleports and all.

I mean realistically how many players are going to up and leave Lordaeron or go play another WotLK realm because we have RDF enabled? Considering every WotLK Pserver has RDF and that it couldn't damage the socializing of group forming anymore than it is while providing increased group forming and less Global spam, probably not anymore than who decide against playing here because it is disabled. Now forget enabling RDF and at least give us reduced wait time on /who and an LFG tool and the risk to the original voters going ape **** is minimal.
    Realistically, Lordaeron was going to be a closed Staff server for we to play on in a Vanilla-like way. It was opened to public after people found out and wanted in. It's a server with a specific theme in mind, and, again, people join it fully aware of what they will get. Despite all the complains about RDF, our "dying" Lordaeron has a stable population that is the wet dream of most other private servers out there.

Finally let's keep in mind what kind of affect the release of Icecrown had on the Lordaeron population and the further affect Outland will have on it in conjunction with the compounds of this issue and it's clear to see that it's only getting worse over time.
    We obviously have very different views on what "clearly getting worse" entails.

5. @SirManHammer
    it has always been stated by the staff that they won't release RdF on Lord, because it was designed this way, I've never read a "official" post about possible change when ICC will be implemented, however, i've read posts (a lot) from players who wanted this to happen and specifically because of the patch and "obviously" RdF will be part of the release, like on retail.
    They were wrong, then, Lord isn't dying because of that, people are lvling alts without it anyway, a lot of people left Lord and went to Icecrown as soon as the core change which means they were playing on Lord for quality despite the fact RdF was disabled;
    Is Lord empty today? no! and you know why? there is still quality and a lot of players like the 1x rate more than RdF, of course it's not perfect, you know, you can have 10 or more channel to talk about everything in Wow, but like in retail, they simply use only one for everything, sales, LFM, trolling and this is the only downside.

6. good thing rdf is disabled is so fun doing fking OCULUS every day

7. It's ironic that you say I'm "ignoring" what you call "constructive posts," while what they - and you - keep ignoring the fact Lordaeron doesn't has RDF, was built to not have it, the last big chance for it to happen is gone (release of ICC), and there are no plans of implementing it in the feasible future. That feature was known even before the server officially opened, it was no secret and nothing anyone can claim to only have found out after "wasting" weeks of time or whatever. Anyone who decided to play here was (or really should have been) aware of that. If you aren't part of the people who enjoy that, but who picked Lordaeron for other things about it, you implicitly agreed to bear with it just the same. Why should we betray the people who joined and play because they got what they were told they'd get?
    Because it was same with the transmog, until they changed their minds. It was clear NO from the start, then it was ''maybe'', BUT ONLY with website on/off, until at the end we just got transmog no matter if we like it or not, and no matter if we joined the server with clear NO to transmog, and got "betrayed". So i guess people are just hoping that staff will change their minds again, and eventually listen to majority and have it enabled.

8. Because it was same with the transmog, until they changed their minds. It was clear NO from the start, then it was ''maybe'', BUT ONLY with website on/off, until at the end we just got transmog no matter if we like it or not, and no matter if we joined the server with clear NO to transmog, and got "betrayed". So i guess people are just hoping that staff will change their minds again, and eventually listen to majority and have it enabled.
    I don't know why the ability to turn that off doesn't exists, but, if anything, you just give more reason for no further "betrayals": two wrongs don't make one right. And people are free to hope as much as they like. There's an abyss of difference between "hoping" and "constantly asking and berating Staff/the server over it," though.

9. Obnoxious you're really just splitting hairs with your above post and pushing the topic away from what is actually being said which ISN'T to enable RDF on Lordaeron. I simply stated my recent experiences for other returning players or new players to share in and offered my opinions on where the issues lie and how to resolve them. I'm not going to give any of your above post any more attention than this but I'll add that aside from your posts the past 24 hours of this thread have been relatively constructive opinions and ideas on the topic of this forum. I wish you would respect that or walk away, as you said you can't change any of it anyway and you seem a little too heated on the topic to offer anything productive. Take a break from this thread, I say that with respect to your position and the stress it brings.

10. This thread was, from the very first post, another "no RDF is bad, change the server concept for me." If anything, all posts outside that are what pushed the thread away from what it was, but still don't change the hard facts of Lordaeron in any way. Feel free to walk away from the thread if you can't handle the fact the Administration doesn't wants RDF in Lordaeron and all "constructive ideas and opinions" won't change that by insistent repetition. When I walk away, it will be with this thread being locked, but so far it's being left as a single place for people to stomp over this dead horse.

11. Well that's the intention of this part of the forum isn't it? If I wanted my thoughts to change the server I would have posted in the suggestions thread but I wanted to share my thoughts so I posted here. You appear to be harassing the wrong part of the forum.

12. No, actually this part of the Forum isn't for discussions of a server feature we have no plans of changing and have made so more than clear. As I said, this thread was allowed to live as a single place to focus it all, nothing else, but when people start getting antsy again it's good measure to remind therm this is how the server they choose to play on is and has been. If you delude yourself into considering that being told "no, not going to happen" is harassment, I can hear the cries of persecution if you got the same treatment we used to deal when we got sick of this subject, which was deletion and infractions.

13. I just started playing on this server. This is a cool server ...
    Without LFG I can not continue ... I'm tired of manually selecting a group on classic servers and I wanted to escape here. I do not know how I will look for a group on a march through the dungeons of the 30-70 level and I'm afraid of it. The prime time of this server does not converge with the time of my game = boredom without dungeons.

14. I just started playing on this server. This is a cool server ...
    Without LFG I can not continue ... I'm tired of manually selecting a group on classic servers and I wanted to escape here. I do not know how I will look for a group on a march through the dungeons of the 30-70 level and I'm afraid of it. The prime time of this server does not converge with the time of my game = boredom without dungeons.
    You can always move to Icecrown, there you can have RDF, meanwhile rest of us will have to deal with the harsh reality of having to spend an extra minute to fly to dungeon and press ctrl+V or alt+arrow up for recruitment message, which is so hard that I consider quitting before I break the 4 buttons on my keybord mentioned earlier. I`m not that familiar with RDF but from my small experience when you queue for low level dungeon it doesn`t pop instantly so you can have the same problem of not being able to find tank or healer for several minute
    Edited: April 13, 2017

15. You can always move to Icecrown, there you can have RDF
    i like blizzlike rate, but in blizzlike server not work RFD, collapse

reality of having to spend an extra minute to fly to dungeon and press ctrl+V or alt+arrow up for recruitment message
    Maybe it works in 70+ lvl content? Where most players...
    Server time 3:39, i spam in global 1,5 hour - search deadmine and nothing.
    I could not keep playing - I was busy polling players in private messages "Does he want to go DM". Its realy sux.
    I agree if the RDF system is switched off to 60+ lvl, but the lack of a RDF system in classical content - it casts boredom.

UPD: server time 6:24 nothing
    Edited: April 17, 2017

First ... 89101112 Last