1. 1.: Missing dungeon finder is not new-player-friendly. I know it wont be enabled before ICC is released and it might be never activated and I dont want to discuss if this is good or bad for communication, end-game-experience, etc., but for new players RDF would be nice.
    2.: Many Vanilla and TBC dungeons arent working as intended, some quests and questchains are bugged. Warmane staff is looking into it and will fix those dungeons.
    3.: TogC is not doable for many guilds. I like it the way it is, but let's face it: Ppl expect to achieve the latest content in a game.
    While the idea of very hard content attracts many players, actually very hard content repels them. You can see that development in other games, too, like for example Diablo 3, where everybody was excited about a difficulty which was not meant to be doable, but when players faced the fact that they actually wont be able to get through this content, they qq-ed until blizzard eventually nerfed it.
    With many guilds raiding ToC25 and only few Guilds being able to raid TogC25, there is only very little progression to me made for players in the later content, thus some are leaving (and will be back for ICC just to leave again when they learn that they wont be able to raid ICC hc25).

1+2 are the reasons why we dont get much new players and 3 is the reason why some old players leave.

Of the 12k players online (+2k on queue) many went to icecrown, obviously. But that's only the reason for the first sudden drop of population after IC opened it's doors. The constantly decreasing population is because of other reasons.
    I hope warmane will look into the reasons why new players dont stay here for long and wont nerf the heroic modes of endgame raids.

2. As a new player, here at least...im gonna answer only the last thing you wrote, or at least try to answer from my point of view :)
    Missing RDF while lvling is a pain mostly for good gear and the quests that give tons of xp.
    While i like lvling up(really like it) and pve in any sort it does gets boring, so RDF would make things a bit interesting...
    But when i compare it to Icecrown realm and god knows how much wait time to get into the game, i can manage without it if thats the staff wish.
    This realm is awsome for me, has good number of players for playing without problem and given the fact that i dont have to wait in like to play, i think is overall ok.
    Now, would it help to have RDf - YES
    Does it make me wanna leave the realm/server - NO

3. OH GOD.

We all know that the server is slowly losing population, of course it can't drop as fast as it used to (less people to leave the server now..). There is a big diffrence saying the server is DEAD and the server is DYING. Don't ignore the fact that the server is SLOWLY DYING, but it is still not dead.

I have had a lot to do so far in 2017, last I played, it took ages to queue RBG and arenas, if it keeps dropping - the pvp scene WILL die. (No I am not saying it is dead).

We all know what people really want, RDF (but I agree as someone else said before, lets at least wait until ICC release like retail).

4. I agree, pvp is not dead yet. But it is almost dead, and it will soon completely die if nothing is done. I really expect that the release of ICC will give a boost to this server, but I am really not sure it will work.

5. OH GOD.

We all know that the server is slowly losing population, of course it can't drop as fast as it used to (less people to leave the server now..). There is a big diffrence saying the server is DEAD and the server is DYING. Don't ignore the fact that the server is SLOWLY DYING, but it is still not dead.

I have had a lot to do so far in 2017, last I played, it took ages to queue RBG and arenas, if it keeps dropping - the pvp scene WILL die. (No I am not saying it is dead).

We all know what people really want, RDF (but I agree as someone else said before, lets at least wait until ICC release like retail).
    It isn't dying or dead. Back when Warmane was Molten pop cap was about 3k-3.5k and people were satisfied with that. So the fact the pop is a lot higher than that is a good thing. Now if it dropped below 1k consistently throughout the day, then you have something to worry about.

6. It isn't dying or dead. Back when Warmane was Molten pop cap was about 3k-3.5k and people were satisfied with that. So the fact the pop is a lot higher than that is a good thing. Now if it dropped below 1k consistently throughout the day, then you have something to worry about.
    > Back when Warmane was Molten, pop cap was about 3.5k
    > Back when Private servers were rare, pop cap was about 2k
    > Back when WoW was young, pop cap was 1k
    > Back when dinozaurus were alive, pop cap was 0

Yah, man, when Icecrown remains 13k, Lordaeron's population decreases obviously.
    That means people not satisfied with that realm and leave it > realm slowly dying.
    If nothing changes, that realm will be just some PVE/RP realm with minor online.
    Edited: January 20, 2017

7. I don't care about population numbers, I don't know if they are fake or not and I don't care either. When I say that pvp is dead is because it feels dead. Bg queues take too long and you almost can't play them if your timetable is different from that of Europe. Same for 2v2 arenas, impossible to play out of peak times and even at peak times you find really few teams and you end up playing against same team again and again... 3v3 is totally dead but I can live with that... I can't talk about pve though because I almost don't play it. Lots of people keep denying that Lordaeron is dying, but from my point of view it is dying and it already feels quite dead, at least talking about pvp.

8. Not everyone lives off his parents to have time to level and progress on Lordaeron and complain on forums, most just wanna be able to relax whenever they want to, which Icecrown is perfect for.

9. I don't care about population numbers, I don't know if they are fake or not and I don't care either. When I say that pvp is dead is because it feels dead. Bg queues take too long and you almost can't play them if your timetable is different from that of Europe. Same for 2v2 arenas, impossible to play out of peak times and even at peak times you find really few teams and you end up playing against same team again and again... 3v3 is totally dead but I can live with that... I can't talk about pve though because I almost don't play it. Lots of people keep denying that Lordaeron is dying, but from my point of view it is dying and it already feels quite dead, at least talking about pvp.
    If you read all or part of this thread, you will quickly realise that lordaeron is molded/designed, for "serious" pve-ers, it isnt a server for pvp, all the developer focus is on raids to top that of.

10. I know lordaeron is molded for serious pve-ers, but that doesn't mean pvp has to be dead. Well, or may be it does, then I'll soon move to icecrown, I'm just waiting for ICC realease to see if things go better, and like me there is a bunch of players. I just can't understand how people choose to pvp in icecrown, where you can buy wrathfull weapon for just a few more coins than the minimum donation...
    I think that if nothing changes in lordaeron, in some time there will only be those hardcore raiders left in a server with around 1k population, if the realm was designed with that purpose, then so be it.

11. I think that if nothing changes in lordaeron, in some time there will only be those hardcore raiders left in a server with around 1k population, if the realm was designed with that purpose, then so be it.
    the realm was originally designed for be only for staff, a realm designed how they wanted it, with harder raids etc. it was never intended to be for the public, but they later decided to open it to everyone.

12. It isn't dying or dead. Back when Warmane was Molten pop cap was about 3k-3.5k and people were satisfied with that. So the fact the pop is a lot higher than that is a good thing. Now if it dropped below 1k consistently throughout the day, then you have something to worry about.
    Saying it is not dying is ignorant. So you are really saying that the population are not dropping? We are not talking about a fast drop anymore, but a slow.

When Warmane was Molten the population cap was about 3-3.5k and people were satisfied. Well, the private server scene has changed. There are new standards now. People expect more from the servers today.

13. Well, if it helps you (it probably wont) the only reason i play this game is to take a huge pile of **** on that crowd of donators, you know, those rettardins, and those shadowmourners, there is nothing more satisfying than bashing that kind of people, they rage like no other xD, and Icecrown is fuled by them, lordaeron pvp scene would be composed of good, righteous, people who actualy earned their rank,gear...etc. I would feel bad, and would regret bashing, winning, or hating people like that.

@ vertex1
    Edited: January 20, 2017

14. Well, if it helps you (it probably wont) the only reason i play this game is to take a huge pile of **** on that crowd of donators, you know, those rettardins, and those shadowmourners, there is nothing more satisfying than bashing that kind of people, they rage like no other xD, and Icecrown is fuled by them, lordaeron pvp scene would be composed of good, righteous, people who actualy earned their rank,gear...etc. I would feel bad, and would regret bashing, winning, or hating people like that.

@ vertex1
    by bashing i'm hoping you mean killing them. bashing(insulting) someone for being a donor can get you banned.

15. by bashing i'm hoping you mean killing them. bashing(insulting) someone for being a donor can get you banned.
    killing yes, over, and over, and over, and over again xD

First 1234 ... Last