1. Honestly, the algorithm should be redesigned like this to prevent teleportation hack also;

---Initial position
    local x1 = char i x co-ord
    local y1 = char i y co-ord
    local z1 = char i z co-ord
    local t1 = time data received

---Final position
    local x2 = char f x co-ord
    local y2 = char f y co-ord
    local z2 = char f z co-ord
    local t2 = time data received

if sqrt((x2-x1)^2 + (y2-y1)^2 + (z2-z1)^2)) > (limit speed number) then
    VelSpeedExc == true
    (or return true and set it up that way, whichever u prefer)
    else
    return false

if t2-t1 < (whatever reasonable seconds) then
    Time == true
    (or return true, whichever you prefer)
    else
    return false

if VelSpeedExc and time == false;
    setplayercoord(x1,y1,z1)
    else
    pass

I don't know what kind of algorithm they are using, but with the time factor added in, I believe it is pretty hard to find a leeway out of it.

2. If the time factor is already in, they need to work on making server more responsive. It clearly seems the server is not getting data frequent enough to make game playable for players with 1000ms+.

ps. when i say "responsive", I meant "frequency". How should this be done, you might ask, you are asking the wrong person. Client modification is needed as client is the one pinging the server.

ps2. it might not be the client frequency issue. Might be because the server is not handling the packets fast and efficient enough. Who knows.

ps3. try contacting your ISP if you are getting 1,000 ms. Literally, 1,000 ms is something that is not possible. Open up cmd, type "tracert logon.warmane.com". See where you are loosing most of the time and tell that to your ISP. Something is terribly wrong with routing system of your ISP.

ps4. That is warmane login server not the game server, but should be enough to give you general idea where you are loosing a lot of time.
    Edited: March 2, 2017

3. I get about 90ms at peak hours and 50-70 when server is not full.

I get ported back once or twice (within few sec of eachother) but this only happens about 1-2 times a week.

I think that latency is the biggest issue for some people because the server sees you as standing still and all of a sudden BOOM you jumped 40ft forward.

just as fyi, latency to your router means nothing since you're directly connected to it (wifi or wired).

4. I'm a firm believer of this not being true. Yes I play with 700ms-2500ms.

To my router AND to warmane's realm ip!

0% Packet loss. So yes that cannot be true.

What I've done so far:
    Upgraded firmware on router
    Upgraded network drivers
    Ran hardwired to router AND modem
    Bought new ethernet cable
    Tried 2 computers
    Tried my mother-in-laws internet (fiber)
    Used countless latency fixers.
    Flushed DNS/Registered DNS
    Used different DNS's
    Tracert shows everything fine
    Ping shows normal

Thought high latency was the issue until I started hitting 690ish and was still as bad as 4Kms.
    Still the same skipping and porting.
    It has to be server side.

Thank you for the response and the forward! I appreciate it!
    jitter (latency spiking) can also cause that, and obviously any and all server lags.
    i have yet to see _stable_ high latency causing anything bad tho

5. This is not due to my connection all of a sudden. This is a server side problem because they have informed us in this thread of the anti-cheat being updated. This started when they updated it. I used to play with 2k latency with no ports or skips.

6. This is not due to my connection all of a sudden. This is a server side problem because they have informed us in this thread of the anti-cheat being updated. This started when they updated it. I used to play with 2k latency with no ports or skips.
    Well yeah. understandable.

I don't know how you could possibly play on 2k latency though. that's literally a 2sec delay between actions :D

7. It is not constant 2k. It fluctuates between that and 700ms but not sporadically. I don't pvp. I pve and my dps is just fine.

8. jitter (latency spiking) can also cause that, and obviously any and all server lags.
    i have yet to see _stable_ high latency causing anything bad tho
    ^
    The problem is when the server sees people "teleport".

9. Super annoying. I get this while walking on foot or on a mount, it happens a lot when jumping over obstacles as well. 170+- latency, can't feel any lag though.

10. Come on devs! Something??? Anything??? This is ridiculous.

11. 700ms is still a roundtrip delay of almost 1 and a half seconds, that's insanely high for any connection on any side of the world. The fact I have 32ms conistently tells me there is something going on between your ISP and communications to their server. This is something that is probably out of the paygrade of anyone who works here.

I'm really not surprised the server is treating you this way, that latency is a detriment to anyone who plays with you.

12. I play on Lordaeron with about 280-320ms and get this occasionally, nothing that impacts my gameplay very much.

Im more impressed with how you insist on playing with 700ms+, your connection has some serious issues my friend. Im literally on the other side of the world to the warmane servers and I dont get that much latency.

13. Have not had this rubberbanding in the last 2 days :D

14. Ive noticed this as well. Glad I am not the only one. Devs please fix it

First 123 Last