1. just tried it again for 20mins, now I couldn't get it to change, it was the same % just like you say
    if I go to multiple targets dummy, it snapshots dmg% properly on secondary targets tough

other stats are rerolled on all targets every time it's refreshed
    I see what you mean, at this point my only question is, if it is worth it. You have to drop a glyph for it and obviously it makes your rotation different that could also cause dps loss.

2. Contrary to what the clown poster said, Glyph of Disease should snapshot %damage modifiers like tricks of the trade. If it does not, it is a bug. What will (maybe in the case of warmane at the moment the proper word is "should") be recalculated is attack power.

Now on the question of is it worth being tott-ed just for the sake of that the anwer is no. Other damage dealers, mostly affliction, get such a massively higher benefit from tricks that giving it to an unholy just for the sake of diseases is completely out of the question.

Is the glyph by itself worth? Not really. Other glyphs sim better by a non-trivial margin.

3. May 3, 2022  
    Is there any Pre-raid/phase 1 bis sets out there? or are we actually really just trying to get stat caps on hit/expertise

4. May 4, 2022  
    Contrary to what the clown poster said, Glyph of Disease should snapshot %damage modifiers like tricks of the trade. If it does not, it is a bug.
    It does, and it's working as intended.

I'd say unholy snapshotting ToTT via GoD on t9 gear progression, if you got 2 rogues and just 1 affli, could be a decent secondary target to cast tricks on the start. The longer a fight lasts it will be more relevant such increase.
    Yet, as it's looking now on progression, besides GoD being a garbage glyph soon there's not gonna be any room for 2h unholy.

5. May 4, 2022  
    no matter in what order and in any way I refresh, damage is increasing/decreasing

edit
    but a minute or two after relog it seems to not snapshot properly until it starts to work
    Scales dinamically with AP; that's the reason why damage is increasing or decreasing.
    ToT snapshot works properly and the 15% extra damage is retained.

6. May 5, 2022  
    right, I remembered some blue post "snapshots every time you refresh" or something like that, but turns out it was only about attack power.

7. May 17, 2022  
    Great guide, for ARP unholy, ill personally go that tallent three, it outperforms regular unholy on single target, but its pretty bad on AOE. https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#jfVMcZZf...uxbuIqo:pbLMVm . You go Unholy presence for it, since you're not gonna have any downtime due to Improved Unholy presence and more autos > more necrosis and blood cacked procs and bonus Gargoyle damage tho it will do like 60/70 k damage rather than 120/140 k on proc (missing icy talons and black ice tallent), if u dont wanna go improved Unholy presence, you can always go 2 dirge or morbidity, its virtually the same damage output. Also with that build Crit > Haste, you wanna se those big d*** Scourge strike crits.

8. May 23, 2022  
    Great guide, for ARP unholy, ill personally go that tallent three, it outperforms regular unholy on single target, but its pretty bad on AOE. https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#jfVMcZZf...uxbuIqo:pbLMVm . You go Unholy presence for it, since you're not gonna have any downtime due to Improved Unholy presence and more autos > more necrosis and blood cacked procs and bonus Gargoyle damage tho it will do like 60/70 k damage rather than 120/140 k on proc (missing icy talons and black ice tallent), if u dont wanna go improved Unholy presence, you can always go 2 dirge or morbidity, its virtually the same damage output. Also with that build Crit > Haste, you wanna se those big d*** Scourge strike crits.
    Edit: Just checked the build, it's worse blood sub-spec reaping build. Swap out disease for icy touch, you ruin your dps from wandering plague and a solid amount of frost fever dps, both of which will amount for a solid amount of ST dps and a TON of aoe dps.
    Edited: May 23, 2022

9. Hello Gnimo... First of all im a big fan i ve been helped alot when playing unholy spec with your guide...
    I ve watch your video on your yt (not a single free gdc video).
    I see you use arpen gem in unholy because you main a frost there.
    I want to ask is it worth it to cap arpen as an unholy spec.
    If its worth which subspec is better? Blood or frost?
    Is the rotation different?
    Thank you...
    Sorry for my bad english :)

10. There was a question somewhere about the Haste meta, and my answer is:
    You can play w/e you feel like, just dont play the Haste meta gem if you cant pop Gargoyle within that 6sec window every time.
    Unholy is not a fan of Critical Strikes overall, so I doubt that we would lose a lot of damage done with the meta gem change.

When we talk best in slot gear for both Frost and Unholy DK DPS:
    Frost DK DPS is always better to be played with Armor Penetration gems at BIS.
    Unholy DK DPS is always better to be played with Strength gems at BIS.
    Frost DK DPS will do awesome DPS with Strength gems.
    Unholy DK DPS will do awesome DPS with Armor Penetration gems.

However...
    If we compare Frost DK with Strength gems VS Frost DK with Armor Penetration gems and Unholy DK with Armor Penetration gems VS Unholy DK with Strength gems, Frost DK with Strength gems will do less DPS overall on single target than Unholy DK with Armor Penetration gems.
    The difference is not big, which is why I said to chose the spec you prefer and main that.
    You will play the other spec only if the guild or raid needs exactly that and you cant play your main spec in the first place.

So if you main Frost DK, use Armor Penetration gems.
    If you main Unholy DK, use Strength gems for both builds.

As for the "Not a single free GCD video" its "the best single target only" rotation, because you can max out on Blood Tap + extra Blood Strike usage without any punishment.
    I am working on another "Death and Decay" friendly rotation video that will also include Unholy opener in it, that in the end does almost exactly the same damage done.
    Also, have in mind that dummy rotation will slightly change in the raid, main factor being extra Haste, that will help you with Death Coil GCD and maybe doing a bit more in the end if you can use Anti-Magic Shell for extra runic power, or have a Resto druid feeding you hots.

I am here to promote ideas that are around 90% close to the "most optimal" build/setup/itemisation/whatever so you can try all of them and build your own 100% most optimal play style on it. :)

11. Hello, in preparation for Classic wow, i looking for "the best" starting talents for undergeared unholyDK.

The thing is that iam extremely unsure about these talents which one is more important - Necrosis, Blood Caked strike, Unholy blight and maybe dirge ?

The thing is what is more worth ? Blood caked strike vs Necrosis ? And is even Unholy blight worth it, with not so good gear ?

Here are my talents that i would put into, so can anyone clarify which talents are best ? https://www.warcrafttavern.com/wotlk...yxxxEEEEEIwwww

Thank you a lot.

Edit. i saw some youtubers not putting 3/3 into Outbreak, whats the deal about that ?
    Edited: August 21, 2022

12. @Mombay
    Dropping 3/3 Blood-caked blade and Unholy blight (stackable 10% bonus damage to death coil) in sake of Morbidity just for 15% death coil damage bonus, you did it wrong.
    You auto attack all the time, so it is natural to improve and benefit from it, but making 30% of your attacks to do 50% bonus damage. You won't need that 15 second CD reduction on DnD, neither you'll have spare runes to use it.

13. Ok thanks, last question what about dropping 3 points from blood tree and putting it into morbidity ? is that worth ?

https://www.warcrafttavern.com/wotlk...00111664449999

14. Why are you so obsessed with DnD? At early stage of game (Classic WotLK will start from Naxx) you need to get as many stats as possible due to gear having low stats, so 1% crit and around 120 AP from Blood are good bonuses for you. And again, pushing DnD cooldown will hurt your DPS as a fresh player, you won't have enough runes to use your strikes which do more damage per "resource" used.
    Small example. You have 2 Blood runes. Your diseases and Desolation buff are expiring + your DnD is off CD. Refreshing first two is way greater DPS gain and will put your next possible DnD usage on 10 seconds delay due to rune recharge. So you are just losing any possible benefit of faster DnD usage, not to mention that you also need to know fight good enough and trust tanks to not move boss away from DnD > thus wasting part of its damage.

15. Iam not obbesed with DND iam obbesed with deathcoil +15%dmg :D; okay thanks anyway u helped me :)

First ... 614151617 Last