1. May 8, 2017  

Will the tbc server be prenerf?

Like the title says I was wondering if the to be released tbc server is going to be pre nerf or post nerf.

2. May 11, 2017  
    Them not giving a clear answer means they still haven't decided yet. There are researched data from Schaka github so it would be easy to implement (at least for dungeons and kara). I think they are worried about players coming from later expansions not being able to handle the difficulty at release, I believe this is a good thing, which gives players greater sense of achievement.

3. May 11, 2017  
    Well, at the mean time if it's not prenerf value we will be borred realy quick ! TBC isn't realy hard appart from the attunments grinds...

And Grinding to do post nerf boss... I prefer staying on Lordaeron and waiting other TBC project.

4. May 11, 2017  
    TBC would be boring as hell with nerf content but what do you expect, pretty sure they'd rather catch icecrown than lordaeron players on it

5. May 11, 2017  
    pre-nerf values on 2.4.3 would still be easier than in retail.

6. May 11, 2017  
    Can't imagine how you would do a "pre-nerf" without changing the whole patch. You'd have 2.4.3 talents/abilities for older content. The values would be wrong anyway, a class like feral druid would probably be totally broken
    Edited: May 11, 2017

7. May 11, 2017  
    Can't imagine how you would do a "pre-nerf" without changing the whole patch. You'd have 2.4.3 talents/abilities for older content. The values would be wrong anyway
    yeah but it can still be prenerf, take Gruul for example:
    Prenerf. He had about 5-6mil HP and had more range on the turn to stone ability. He was a hard fight that needed a few attempts and tactics.
    Nerfed. 3.5mil HP and doable in green gear.

8. May 11, 2017  
    "He had about 5-6mil HP", more like 4,5-4,8 million hp ;-) but yeah it's considerably more than 3,5 million hp.

9. May 12, 2017  
    Them not giving a clear answer means they still haven't decided yet.
    I can't give a complete and exact answer, but I believe I can give an answer that is useful enough.

Some things will be pre-nerf, other things will not. It depends on the ease of implementation and whether it can cause problems for us when the realm progresses towards 2.4.3 content. Some things just aren't worth our time-investment, while other things are fairly easy and simple. For example, the level requirement nerf to mounts may be considered.

10. May 12, 2017  
    "He had about 5-6mil HP", more like 4,5-4,8 million hp ;-) but yeah it's considerably more than 3,5 million hp.
    Yeah what i wrote was info from this, https://github.com/Schaka/TBC-research/issues/20

I can't give a complete and exact answer, but I believe I can give an answer that is useful enough.

Some things will be pre-nerf, other things will not. It depends on the ease of implementation and whether it can cause problems for us when the realm progresses towards 2.4.3 content. Some things just aren't worth our time-investment, while other things are fairly easy and simple. For example, the level requirement nerf to mounts may be considered.
    Yeah we cant expect everything to be but some bosses like in early t4-t5 would be nice to get prenerf numbers and bosses like Kael'thas and Vashj so the content dont get cleared to fast, makeing PVE gear have to much of an impact on PVP early season 1 before players get resilience gear farmed, when some nerf bosses was doable in almost no gear at all.

11. May 12, 2017  

I think the main point is will HP/Boss (PVE in general) values be post-nerf or pre-nerf. QOL changes etc. are understandable from a patch PoV but PVE values are the main concern for a lot of people.

12. May 12, 2017  
    post nerf currently on ptr, did Aran on kara he does not cast dragon breath, blizzard radius really small

SL hc trash doesnt do significant damage, its AoE tank n spank currently

13. May 12, 2017  
    I think the main point is will HP/Boss (PVE in general) values be post-nerf or pre-nerf. QOL changes etc. are understandable from a patch PoV but PVE values are the main concern for a lot of people.
    I know that. My example doesn't encompass everything, because it's just that: an example.

14. May 12, 2017  
    TBC would be boring as hell with nerf content but what do you expect, pretty sure they'd rather catch icecrown than lordaeron players on it
    Im guessing by 'they' you reffer to the staff. However 'they' as in majority of the player community would obviously prefer the same thing, by simply looking at the numbers. So probably thats a good thing if it happens ;)

15. May 12, 2017  
    The concept of pre-nerf is a myth since the exact numbers regarding raids has been lost in time. The question should be, is warmane going to make the content difficult?

The answer is very likely no, it is mainly bad players that use the cash shop and they dont want bad players to quit due to being challenged too much.

12 Last