1. May 12, 2017  

Make TBC great again - Arena123 macros

This is an appeal to the community to appeal to the Warmane staff to send information about enemies to players as soon as the gates open, so that arena addons won't bug out and keybinds and macros for target/focus/spells on arena123 will work.

Every day I get at least 3 different people asking me "to fix Gladdy greying out" and "how to /target arena123 in TBC".
    It's possible, but due to limitations of the TBC API it won't work on enemies that Gladdy only finds, once you are already in combat.
    Personally, the only reason it really bothers me, is because the classes that profit from this limitation of the TBC API are rogues and druids, which already dominate the arena scene completely.

The reason it happens is that addons create macros under the hood with /target name, as soon as it recognizes enemies. Now you can't change the macro state during combat, unfortunately, so for rogues and druids who stealth and thus are only caught by addons when they appear (and you're already in combat), targeting them with keybinds doesn't work.

Now I understand only supporting one addon seems weird. But most players wouldn't even notice, if you sent information about enemies, as soon as the gates open (as an addon message). If your worries are about supporting all kinds of addons, as opposed to just Gladdy, I would happily do the research for you to send the correct message to all addons like Proximo, Gladiator, Arenaframes, etc.
    Or at the very least, I'd happily fix all those addons to read the message intended for Gladdy, or write a compatibility addon.

If you need proof, that this wasn't intended behavior by Blizzard, just look at them banning players for naming their pet like players to bug out addons and implementing arena units as soon as 3.0, modelled straight after such addons. I highly recommend not making the same mistake as them. It will just lead to continous player frustration.
    Edited: May 12, 2017

2. May 12, 2017  
    rogues/druid not showing on frames is soo gamebreaking on top of they been very strong in arena.and top of that this is what we face 8 of 10 games :(

3. May 12, 2017  
    yeah tbc pvp is very off-putting to many without this.
    But I think the info needs to be sent everytime someone leaves stealth too? Because rn even if rogues leaves stealth you can't target them or anything via gladdy

4. May 12, 2017  
    No, you only need the info once per arena. I've already written the code (original idea by Midna, as it was on TBC AT).
    Once Gladdy knows about enemies if the doors open, you will be able to target them, as long as they are visible.

Right now, it bugs because it only adds enemies after they leave stealth. So by the time they leave stealth and become visible, you are already in combat, thus bugging the addon.

Vanishing, stealthing or otherwise becoming invisible will always remove your focus target, if that's what you mean.

PS: Apparently bolding is forbidden, meanwhile other threads with colors, large text and other formatting are up in the addons forum... You make my thread completely unreadable (the second half is a guide...) by removing even bolding. I could understand if the size bothered you - but if you don't want bbcode, just disable it.

5. May 12, 2017  
    Yeah please fix the Gladdy stealth bug, druids get so much better openers all the time because they can just pop out of stealth spamming clones and stuff and half the time my partner can't even freaking target them to stop it.

6. May 12, 2017  
    Yes please, a proper working gladdy is a must. Loved how it worked on tbc arena-tournament and will make this server stand out from the rest. #MakeTBCPvPGreatAgain

PS. Schaka you rock.

7. May 12, 2017  
    wait so if you are nelf all you have to do is stay in shadowmelf untill enemy get incombat with your partner and they will not be able to get your frame on gladdy for this game? thats good thing to know :D

8. May 12, 2017  
    it's so annoying, please fix this (Gladdy that dont bug in TBC its a dream for evey pvper)

9. May 12, 2017  
    +1 from me, totally support the idea.

10. May 13, 2017  

11. May 13, 2017  

12. May 13, 2017  

13. May 14, 2017  
    not sure why it's even needed to post this on the forums, there's literally NO downside to this whatsoever

14. May 14, 2017  
    not sure why it's even needed to post this on the forums, there's literally NO downside to this whatsoever
    Same for quick arena start button and increased nameplates range
    All these changes would be flawless

15. May 14, 2017  
    So what devs say about this?
    i see from the comments that every1 agrees with this

123 ... Last