1. May 29, 2017  
    That's kinda what prompted me to ask my question in the first place. Through what I read, Lordaeron was a progression server of sorts that kept with the original experience.

Is going back to previous patches a thing? Naxx patch and Ulduar patch were awesome.
    I really dont understand u, icecrown has 12k pop and been farming all content for years, obviously ppl want to play that content so how did that prompt your question ? i mean isnt the answer already there ?
    You are saying u are new to warmane but u enjoyed naxx and ulduar patches, if u played those patches then u should have enough info on where the server is going, and if u really played those patches and want to go back to them, what about the ppl that enjoy icc ? i mean u are saying "stagnant icc" but wont naxx/ulduar be stagnant as well ? considering they already been on and for more time than icc :D

2. May 29, 2017  
    I really dont understand u, icecrown has 12k pop and been farming all content for years, obviously ppl want to play that content so how did that prompt your question ? i mean isnt the answer already there ?
    You are saying u are new to warmane but u enjoyed naxx and ulduar patches, if u played those patches then u should have enough info on where the server is going, and if u really played those patches and want to go back to them, what about the ppl that enjoy icc ? i mean u are saying "stagnant icc" but wont naxx/ulduar be stagnant as well ? considering they already been on and for more time than icc :D
    Here's the problem: Icecrown doesn't give a damn about naxx and uldu unless they want achievements, and when they do, they'll clear it with their full 6k5 gs ICC gear.
    Hell, even ToC is an oddity in icecrown. You can farm HCs and get emblems of triumph for 232/245 lvl gear. You can run the ICC Dungeons for good gear too.
    And this is also what occurs naturally in Lordaeron now with the progression - You have no incentive to go for Naxx and Uldu anymore, because Emblems.

The only way you can get progressive content now is to find other players that want it too, and impose strigent rules of converting your emblems of triumph to lower tiers, not craft anything from later raids, not use epic gems for pre-ToC, and so on... Even if you manage to find these people, you're living in your sheltered world, people won't be interested if you need to get a few pickups in your raid (because the loot would be worse than emblems of triumph gear). And of course, it removes the great enjoyment of progression: Getting gear when it matters. Who gives a damn if you just got the EXACT loot you needed when killing Yogg, when the rest of the realm is running ICC?

I've never felt more connected to WoW than when I reached 70 on Lordaeron, started running normal mode dungeons in northrend, slowly getting those lvl 150-ish items, limping all the way to 80, then slowly grinding every single item level to be able to run heroics (while constantly getting gems and other enhancements to keep my gear optimal), THEN being able to do Naxx without getting crushed by any boss, and so on, and so on...

Jumping to lvl 80 -> Heroics for ToC-Tier items -> HoR FoS PoS HC -> ICC10nm -> rest of ICC is just... too short. It ends too quickly. There's no room for improvement.

>wont naxx/ulduar be stagnant as well

They're stagnant for just a few months... Until the next raid gets released when people have gotten a chance to get a bunch of loot from the previous raid, and get bored.
    This is far better than being stagnant on ICC for years.

>considering they already been on and for more time than icc :D

It's a valid point of course, but the old raids get obsoleted by the introduction of ICC. And of course, there's no coming back now: ICC is here to stay.

Edit: As for your previous post, of course it was obvious that ICC was coming and would be the endgame, but I wish I could get to experience the progressive release again - Especially since I missed part of it.

3. May 30, 2017  

I was talking about my own experiences way back on retail WoW during WotLK.

But hey, fellas, I'm not knocking people enjoying a ICC patch. Just like real expansions you gotta give it time when you get there to play it out.
    And I'm also not inserting any sort of demand to suit just me. All I was trying to figure out is if the server would ever go back to naxx patch and then move forward again. As it seems like it already did from what I've read in this thread.
    And if this was to be the final resting place of the server, doesn't it seem kinda odd that there would be 2 servers for the same patch?
    Don't wanna start a flame war boys, i'll just let it go lol.

4. May 30, 2017  
    I'm just fantasizing, but how about this:

Once ICC is cleared (very thoroughly, in 25hc, by multiple guilds) and everybody is happy and got his loot (maybe let the player vote to say when they're done), all their items, achievements, and everything, get saved and visible on their warmane account (With a hall of fame for people who got great achievements and Realm Firsts). Everybody gets a free copy of their full-gear character (and items, and everything...) on Icecrown (or any other realm on a permanent ICC patch, if one more is to happen), some rewards, whatever...

Then... The realm is rolled back to the 3.0.x patch (content-wise). Either:
    1) Everybody goes back to lvl 70 with a decent TBC-tier gear (and a fair sum of money, maybe scaling on how rich each character was before the reset, but not excessive), and go through Northrend again, the normal mode dungeons, everything...
    2) Simply reset to 80, given a gear roughly equal to what you get from questing in northrend + Normal mode dungeons. Players can get to work on their reputations, Storm Peaks NM dungeons then HC northrend dungeons, then raiding.

Feel free to insult me and call me stupid, it's just a rough sketch of an idea off the top of my head to sate my hunger for naxx and ulduar. On a scale from dumb to naive idealist, how would you rate this concept?

5. June 1, 2017  
    Or just simply hack the server and force it to start over again like it happened on molten.

6. June 2, 2017  
    Hello,

First I want to touch several points here.

1. The guys who are not actually playing in Lordaeron and are playing on Icecrown and want to have a second server that is on a previous patch to have some diversity in their WoTlk experience, please go and talk about this in IceCrown forums, Lordaeron does not have end-game on farm yet, nor it is nowhere near that (for 99% of the player base). The progression from what I have seen right now overall for the 90 % of the players on 80 that are geared enough for icc 10/25 is 5/12 10 man - 3/12 - 25 (based on pugs and new guilds, not counting advanced old guilds that have advanced to heroic modes as they are probably 4-5 out of 100. And even the top guilds do not have that much progression in heroic mode compared to what it should remotely be to even discuss a reset in the following or the year after that.

2. For the guys who do not have even Storming the citadel 10 man (yes I checked some of you out) do not talk about server reset when you are finding this server too challenging for you, instead start working on your progression instead or move to IceCrown.

3. For those that give a "Maybe" ideas, those wont work. This server is THEIR server. Warmane decides what to do with it and they designed it to be hardcore progressive server. If nothing else, this server will be the last to get reset as it will be the last to get to where the others would be in progression simply because of the difficulty. I am not sure if that is completely accurate but I believe for Festergut on 25 man you need to have all the DPS doing at least 10,5 k DPS + if I am not mistaken( I could be wrong, feel free to correct me) on average to get it killed just in time.

Having al that said, unless you have AT LEAST 10 man heroic lich king kill I am unsure why you would even discuss such a topic here.

"So It's always going to stay on the ICC patch you think? Aside from a cash shop and leveling, there really isn't a difference between the two servers then. Except for the Icecrown server has a crap ton of people. I guess I'll keep lurking on the Lordaeron forums to see if anything changes. One day i hope I'll get to play some WotLK launch patch and the Ulduar patch again. :;("

Nobody knows, that is not up to us really. And if it was ,and if we imagine that Warmane instantly gives us a voting option the moment the server is ready to go about that it would be at least 3-4 years from now. So it is completely possible, you can re-open this topic in 3-4 years from now and check again :)

We have a saying in my country - " Do not start heating the pan, while the fish is still in the sea."

I am sure that anyone who actually tries to progress in this server would think that it is absurd discussing a server reset in the next couple of years given that you would need months and months and months to just gear up 1 of your toons and eventually maybe get a King slayer title in normal, especially if you are playing a class like elemental shaman. Don't you think that it will take 2-3 years after you have everything on farm to actually make people on a server want to have it reseted or progressed to another expansion ? Even then maybe people would be playing it just because they can do that. Having that said imagine that potentially you have to wait for 6-7 years, that would render this topic obsolete. I am just not sure how to express how ridiculous this discussion seems to me. Again that is my opinion, so feel free to comment and prove me wrong :)

P.S - alliance point of view.
    Edited: June 2, 2017

7. June 3, 2017  
    Lol. Just completely Wow. Those are some pretty strong opinions on ya. So I'll try to explain the topic I started before you get defensive as if somebody is trying to take your toy away.

After I had done the research I could, I discovered that this server had indeed gone trough the various patches of WotLK but I could be wrong here as It's actually pretty hard to get a solid answer. This fact makes Lordaeron a very attractive server to people who want to relive their glory years back in retail days.
    My question was simple. Would this server once again return to naxx and work it's way up again. Not really inflammatory.

I've already said I understand progression. And I see that Lordearon features buffed raids that could potentially extend the life of said raid.
    So the only other thing to compare lordearon to is either the Icecrown server, or how it was back on retail.

You seem to be talking about spending 7 years doing the same patch and raid (I'm still laughing out loud about this from when I read that initially)
    That amount of time in a single section of the game is hilarious to me personally but we have a saying in my country - "Different strokes for different folks".
    That is what Icecrown is for from my understanding as a dedicated ICC server. Just as Lordearon is supposed to be the "progressing server"

So I feel I must add that Retail WotLK spent 364 days on the ICC patch. Now if you can't get your own personal stuff together within over a year of a patch is released, then the prospect of playing on a dedicated ICC patch server must seem pretty attractive to you.

Now we wrap it all up once more. All I asked was if this is indeed a server that relives the WotLK experience through it's various patches.
    A yes, a No, or info from a warmane veteran would have been the best outcome possible.

So please relax friend. Your toy is safe and seems to be in great hands.

8. June 3, 2017  
    I've been playing Lordaeron on and off since release. To give you, the OP, what Lordaerons 'progessive' theme was like: When Lordaeron launched the level cap was 60 and we had to wait several months before TBC content was launched. When TBC launched there was a Dark Portal opening event that looked a lot like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sZ2a0VaOQM -- Then we waited 2 months I think(?) and Northrend was released.
    We progressed through all of Vanilla/TBC with two large content launches (all raids were available on release) and then WotLK through patch launches (just as Blizzard did it). We're currently on ICC patch with one patch remaining.

That being said, your hopes for having the server reset at some point are understandable but totally misguided.
    Take Dodgykebab for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Z_UZd18JE
    There are also these guys: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=354042 -- Yes I know they're on Icecrown but there's no reason you could do the same thing here!

People who love WotLK and want to enjoy every single aspect of this game can do exactly that on Lordearon because there's no fear of a new expansion making all of this outdated and irrelevant. With the increased raid difficulty the replayability of lower tier raids is a reality. So in my opinion Lordaeron was designed for the hardcore gamer and the WotLK completionist. If you want casual endgame content you should be on Icecrown.

TLDR; Play Lordaeron to enjoy the journey, play Icecrown to enjoy the destination.

EDIT: They should turn on RDF though.. Can't even form a group for DM sometimes because no one wants to waste time forming/travelling for crap exp and loot they out-level in two days. Dodgy has it right by suggesting asking 80s for a couple runs through a dungeon because there's always some bored 80 who will do it.
    Edited: June 3, 2017

9. June 3, 2017  
    YES. Now THATS what I call a good answer. Looks like I might be looking for a guild that's limits their own progression. Sort of like starting at Naxx and going up. But if there ever does come a day for a vote to reset or if a new server pops up with the original experience im gunna campaign hard as hell for it.

Thank you so much for the info

10. June 3, 2017  
    1) Yeah, sure, people need a special permission from you to discuss about Lordaeron, they need at least 5 hours played per day on average in the last month, and mustn't have played on Icecrown. Sure thing, boss.
    Of course the playerbase isn't "nowhere near the endgame", but guess how it will be in a few months.

2) Lmao. Maybe people haven't cleared ICC because they are too late for the party or have lagged behind and now want to get the progression experience that they missed?
    "Do not talk about..." sure thing, Big Brother. Sorry for the criminal discussion.

3) "Warmane decides what to do with it" Yeah, and they take suggestions too. "and they designed it to be hardcore progressive server." And guess what? Progression barely exists when you can get emblems of triumph by farming HCs (Invalidating the very existence of Naxx and the majority of Ulduar). Hence our complaints.
    "If nothing else, this server will be the last to get reset" Nope, since Lordaeron is progressive by design, while Icecrown is most likely an ICC simulator by design. If there were any plans for a reset on icecrown, it wouldve been done long ago. Lordaeron, in the meanwhile, was branded as progressive. It's still unlikely to have a reset but it's ten times likelier to have one on Lordaeron.

"Having al that said, unless you have AT LEAST 10 man heroic lich king kill I am unsure why you would even discuss such a topic here."
    Sorry for the speech crime, Big Boss.

"you can re-open this topic in 3-4 years from now and check again :)"
    Woopsie doopsie, sorry for discussing the future. I sure hope you never discussed how ICC/ToC/Uld/Naxx were going to be before they were released. Thinking about the future is thought crime.

11. June 3, 2017  
    YES. Now THATS what I call a good answer. Looks like I might be looking for a guild that's limits their own progression. Sort of like starting at Naxx and going up. But if there ever does come a day for a vote to reset or if a new server pops up with the original experience im gunna campaign hard as hell for it.

Thank you so much for the info
    It's roughly what I was looking for when I came back, but had no success. Though I haven't looked too hard.
    Doing progressive raiding on a realm on a later patch is a chore because you have to play the police to make sure people aren't breaking the rules and bringing post-patch content. People won't be interested if you happen to need one or two pickups because one of the players in your raid roster is sick. People won't be too interested in buying your BoE loots and the likes. And of course, you gotta convert all those emblems of triumph into lower tier.

It's still a good option and a perfectly viable playstyle but it seems too few people are interested in it.

Edit: Also checked out BoOoImaGhost's post, and pleasantly surprised to see people doing progressive on Icecrown. A bit less than a year ago I tried testing the general opinion about progressive raiding in icecrown and it seemed they didn't give a rat's *** of a damn about it.

12. June 4, 2017  
    1) Yeah, sure, people need a special permission from you to discuss about Lordaeron, they need at least 5 hours played per day on average in the last month, and mustn't have played on Icecrown. Sure thing, boss.
    Of course the playerbase isn't "nowhere near the endgame", but guess how it will be in a few months.

2) Lmao. Maybe people haven't cleared ICC because they are too late for the party or have lagged behind and now want to get the progression experience that they missed?
    "Do not talk about..." sure thing, Big Brother. Sorry for the criminal discussion.

3) "Warmane decides what to do with it" Yeah, and they take suggestions too. "and they designed it to be hardcore progressive server." And guess what? Progression barely exists when you can get emblems of triumph by farming HCs (Invalidating the very existence of Naxx and the majority of Ulduar). Hence our complaints.
    "If nothing else, this server will be the last to get reset" Nope, since Lordaeron is progressive by design, while Icecrown is most likely an ICC simulator by design. If there were any plans for a reset on icecrown, it wouldve been done long ago. Lordaeron, in the meanwhile, was branded as progressive. It's still unlikely to have a reset but it's ten times likelier to have one on Lordaeron.

"Having al that said, unless you have AT LEAST 10 man heroic lich king kill I am unsure why you would even discuss such a topic here."

Woopsie doopsie, sorry for discussing the future. I sure hope you never discussed how ICC/ToC/Uld/Naxx were going to be before they were released. Thinking about the future is thought crime.
    I remember there were bunch of topics heavily flooded with ppl complaining about lordaeron pop, how its features are chasing ppl away and there is no pvp.People were demanding raid nerfs and other features like rdf enabled because the server says " pvp " on the realm list and its supposedly a pvp realm not pve realm, that was their biggest argument.
    And now i see your post claming that lordaeron is "progressive" realm to the true sense of progression, which is simply not true and it was never true.
    Lorderon has always been what it was advertised to be end game wotlk realm with boosted content with gradual release of content.From day one we were playing 3.3.5 and the goal has always been reaching icc/rs (which still hasnt happend).

There are only 2 valid reasons for reset, if ppl give up on playing it completely or if the content is on farm by 90% of the population. So yea, nukyx told u the right thing, but u are doing good job trying to argue an unarguable case keep it going.
    Edited: June 4, 2017

13. June 4, 2017  

1. First, I just asked that people who are not part of this community (the Lordaeron community) and part of this server, as the server should have a say in what the server would turn into or what the future would be, which I find is common sense, and I find it ridiculous that people that are not playing here could even talk about what they (the overlords of the world) want another server to be for their side experience in WoTLK. And what are you ? 12 ? "I cant really make any sense of what I am saying and I dont like what people reply to my demands since facts are facts and I dont like them , so I will flame you and try to make people feel like you are bossing around" ????

2. "Maybe" does not cut it when you are discussing ideas for the future of an entire server. And that is a false statement as well, which only proves how much you actually play on this server to actually have a say in the future of the server. You cant just barge in and Demand that a certain server get's changed as per your needs my friend. What you are here for in my opinion is only to "suggest"/demand from a server and a community you are not a part of obviously.

""Do not talk about..." sure thing, Big Brother. Sorry for the criminal discussion." Again, what are you 12 ? Why the ridiculous tone ? Facts are facts and if you are not here to discuss why are you here at all ?

""If nothing else, this server will be the last to get reset" Nope, since Lordaeron is progressive by design, while Icecrown is most likely an ICC simulator by design. If there were any plans for a reset on icecrown, it wouldve been done long ago. Lordaeron, in the meanwhile, was branded as progressive. It's still unlikely to have a reset but it's ten times likelier to have one on Lordaeron."

Again, you are not an overlord of the world that can change reality. Who are you to say what it is by design when the facts speak different ?

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=301200 - where do you see the word progression in the "Design" section of the Lordaeron information or anywhere on the post ? This is a side-feature that you have with the progression because Warmane decided it would add up to it to be an Addition to the hardcore raid environment, nothing else.

"Sorry for the speech crime, Big Boss." - you know the drill.

"Woopsie doopsie, sorry for discussing the future. I sure hope you never discussed how ICC/ToC/Uld/Naxx were going to be before they were released. Thinking about the future is thought crime."

Sure, 2-3 months before that, not 4-5 years before something that is not meant to happen is about to. Right ?

Aside from 90 % of the things having no relation to what I said, or no actual argument except being offensive in your "reply",because Mr. Overlord of Warmane is not happy with not having his own personal server as to his preference, and that an entire server are not willing to be his minions.

In either case, the tone was always meant to be calm, and as it seems that it is not going to be met with anything else than what you already expressed, I guess there is no point of further discussing this. I am a person who only reads the discussions and this is the first time that I went into such discussion as they are happening more and more often and I the above statement which is simply common sense should be the first thing that comes to your mind when you decide to even think about getting into such ideas. But obviously that wont be met with common sense ....

Nuky out and Cheers.

14. June 5, 2017  
    You told people to "please go and talk about this in IceCrown forum" based on what realms they play on, you told them to "not talk about server reset" if they "do not have even Storming the citadel 10 man" (all these quotes are litteral copy/pastes from your post), followed by other softer implications that people shouldn't talk about whatever they want to (None of these topics being off-rules, of course) based on what achievements they have.
    No, your tone was "not meant to be calm", and you're not going to get "common sense" in the replies to your post who outright tries to dictate what people can and cannot do here (Once again, none of which is off-rules).

About the "progressive design", and this answer applies to linkoynn above you too, a realm that goes through the entire content ("gradual" as linkyonn said), IS progressive - It's the very definition of progressive. Do not mistake it for "progressive raiding" which is disregarding the current patch of the game and doing content in the right orders (usually restricting the players to not use new items/buffs).

I pity the likes of you who resort to calling other on their ages when they get their behavior pointed out. By the way, you also tried labelling as "facts" your commands to "don't discuss it on this board" and "don't discuss it if you don't have that achievement".

15. June 5, 2017  
    You told people to "please go and talk about this in IceCrown forum" based on what realms they play on, you told them to "not talk about server reset" if they "do not have even Storming the citadel 10 man" (all these quotes are litteral copy/pastes from your post), followed by other softer implications that people shouldn't talk about whatever they want to (None of these topics being off-rules, of course) based on what achievements they have.
    No, your tone was "not meant to be calm", and you're not going to get "common sense" in the replies to your post who outright tries to dictate what people can and cannot do here (Once again, none of which is off-rules).

About the "progressive design", and this answer applies to linkoynn above you too, a realm that goes through the entire content ("gradual" as linkyonn said), IS progressive - It's the very definition of progressive. Do not mistake it for "progressive raiding" which is disregarding the current patch of the game and doing content in the right orders (usually restricting the players to not use new items/buffs).

I pity the likes of you who resort to calling other on their ages when they get their behavior pointed out. By the way, you also tried labelling as "facts" your commands to "don't discuss it on this board" and "don't discuss it if you don't have that achievement".
    Since day one the realm was 3.3.5 and since day one it was public knowledge that the realm wont go beyond wotlk, now u go ahead and explain to me how can that be "progressive design" ? becase progressive deisgn implicates that the realm would go thru ALL patches.

And yes you shouldnt try to enforce your opinion when u aint playing here which is obvious by your previous posts "when ICC25hc gets cleared very thoroughly by multiple guilds " well if u dont mind waiting couple of years before tha happens, unless u were suggestion when it gets cleared by 2-3 guilds to reset lord and the rest of the population can suck a dick ?

First 1234 ... Last