1. May 28, 2017  
    If it start out with 3-4k max pop, it wouldn't be surprising if in a month or two the average pop would be 1k-1.5 peak times. That is the usual pop for tbc with 1x leveling rate.

2. May 28, 2017  
    I kinda hope it dies and xp rates get buffed, Outland has too much people for my taste and more challenging content would be nice, but leveling with x1 rates on server with less people than Lordaeron isn't too tempting.

3. May 28, 2017  
    I don't understand why people would even want to play on anything other than x1/pre-nerfed servers...?? Like, that's what made the game so fun back then, the challenge.

I guess just being able to play the old content through nostalgia alone and ZERO challenge is enough for most people, obviously, those are the more densely populated realms.

It's so lame to me -.-

4. May 28, 2017  
    tell me, where is challenge in killing NPC's ururu

5. May 28, 2017  
    The challenge in getting 70 resides in the fact that people test their patience and will to do something. Also, they'll try to learn more about their class so they can advance easier-and yes, there are still new players:) or players who did not play tbc. Also, some people enjoy leveling and growing with the character, simple as that. Warmane offers variety, so pick your fun:)

6. May 28, 2017  
    For me - the feeling when you kill buffed boss with your guild, it feels amazing. I`m not saying nerfed content is walk in the park for everyone but for someone like me who seeks more challanges ingame it is easy. But I think both realms will be the same in terms of how hard are the raids once T6 rolls out (unless the staff buff the content). The only reason I`m not swaping to the 1 realm is that the pvp wont be the same as the x5 realm, I can live without the hardcore. :)

7. May 28, 2017  
    Well for a start i prefer the 5x because im sad of leveling my 800th toon ,knowing every quest by heart;people go to work ,support hobbies and families,thats why Warmane provide a server on both rates,wish you all the best with Medivh ^.^

8. May 28, 2017  
    Pooppickle did a lovely job at not taking in account that lorderan did not have competition at launch, which means everyone stacked on one realm. id put the realm at 1.5k-3k in the future.

9. May 28, 2017  
    Lordaeron lives on because it had a massive start, even tho over half the ppl on it for release quit the remainder was enough.

Minimum half of the initial hype rollers leave in the long run, usually more on 1x.

So keep that in mind. You're in for a low-medium pop retail realm experience in the long run
    Retail pop cap was around 2500

10. May 28, 2017  
    My only issue with Lordaeron is that I can't go back in time and revert the progression. I missed ToC entirely and now I'm too late.

As for Medivh, just give some time until people hear about the realm's existence. Maybe people will come in... Maybe not. But as said above, keep in mind that lots of players will give up before hitting 70.

11. May 28, 2017  
    Of course it won't.

It's already at ~1600 at "least" at dead hour.

12. May 28, 2017  
    My only issue with Lordaeron is that I can't go back in time and revert the progression.=
    that's my problem as well. it sucks that the only raid content being done on WotLK servers right now is ICC. No Ulduar, no ToC, no Naxx (From what I read on these forums at least).

I guess the only way to do that content currently, would be to create a guild and literally start with heroic dungeon gear > Naxx > Ulduar > etc.

The only issue is finding other people with that mentality. I'm new around here so I'm not too sure why people choose to play these servers...Is it nostalgia? The Challenge? New players that missed the content all together?

Dunno. But for now I'll be playing on Medivh since it's new and the progression will start from scratch.

13. May 28, 2017  
    that's my problem as well. it sucks that the only raid content being done on WotLK servers right now is ICC. No Ulduar, no ToC, no Naxx (From what I read on these forums at least).

I guess the only way to do that content currently, would be to create a guild and literally start with heroic dungeon gear > Naxx > Ulduar > etc.

The only issue is finding other people with that mentality. I'm new around here so I'm not too sure why people choose to play these servers...Is it nostalgia? The Challenge? New players that missed the content all together?

Dunno. But for now I'll be playing on Medivh since it's new and the progression will start from scratch.
    I'd definitely sign up for that kind of progression, but after giving up on my guild when ToC came out, I don't want to get involved too much in a guild again unless I'm 100% sure I'll stay for a while...
    ANYWAY, ahem. The problem is that servers/realms that run the ICC patch have Emblems of Triumph given for HC dungeons (Maybe Lordaeron is still one step behind for emblems? I haven't checked), meaning it's more efficient to farm HCs than to raid Ulduar... And god knows how cool ulduar is.

14. May 28, 2017  
    Well it IS a holiday weekend also, lots of people away from their computers....may or may not have an effect later.

15. May 29, 2017  
    To be honest, I wasn't even trying to log onto Warmane Outland for 3 days or so because of the queues. And considering there is literally no hype or advertising around Medivh, I had no idea about it until I basically accidentally went to warmane.com to see what's up with Outland and saw something mentioning another realm.

I think some time needs to pass for people to get to know that there's a 1x that's up and running...I think that the population mostly, like me, only knows staff mentioning there will be a 1x, not actually knowing it's working already.

First 123 Last