1. June 1, 2017  

Give Medivh some love! Please! :(

Its great and all that you're helping to smoothen out the Outland server, since its the first and highest populated, but what about some love for Medivh? I assume our 1x server was released since there was demand for it, and so soon after Outland I might add, but where's the actual population that supplied the demand? We suffer from sub-par population (4k peak, 1.2k offpeak per your website numbers) which basically makes it unplayable for most players who can't play during EU primetime. Especially for us NA guys. Any chance of having our problem(s) addressed as well?

-Melektaus, Draenei Warrior

2. June 1, 2017  
    Its great and all that you're helping to smoothen out the Outland server, since its the first and highest populated, but what about some love for Medivh? I assume our 1x server was released since there was demand for it, and so soon after Outland I might add, but where's the actual population that supplied the demand? We suffer from sub-par population (4k peak, 1.2k offpeak per your website numbers) which basically makes it unplayable for most players who can't play during EU primetime. Especially for us NA guys. Any chance of having our problem(s) addressed as well?

-Melektaus, Draenei Warrior
    What's wrong with the population and what is your definition of unplayable, because I'm certainly having no issues playing and enjoying the game to the fullest on Medivh. You're only complaining about the population because you're comparing it to a TBC realm with a 15K+ population. 3-4K is just fine for a x1 rate TBC realm.

PS. Maybe you should do some research on what the population of previously successful and highly popular TBC servers were.

Edit: Sorry if I was harsh, I didn't consider the fact that the main part of your game time is during offpeak hours. In my opinion advertising would bring in a lot of 'bad blood' players, but having a larger NA community to compensate for the heavy dip in population during offpeak hours should perhaps be addressed. I'm sorry that's your experience because as an EU player I'm having a great time!
    Edited: June 1, 2017

3. June 1, 2017  
    What's wrong with the population and what is your definition of unplayable, because I'm certainly having no issues playing and enjoying the game to the fullest on Medivh. You're only complaining about the population because you're comparing it to a TBC realm with a 15K+ population. 3-4K is just fine for a x1 rate TBC realm.

PS. Maybe you should do some research on what the population of previously successful and highly popular TBC servers were.
    Or even the retail ones. Having realms with 15.000 people is just crazy and for new people in this private servers scene, it makes them think that lower than that is a failure somehow.

4. June 2, 2017  
    As a NA player on this server i get it, and would love to see some more NA players as I'm worried about my options for raiding later. However, I'm not really sure what you expect Warmane to do, or even what they could do.

5. June 2, 2017  
    2-4k players is not enough for you? Warmane already advertised the server the best they can. I guess by now you can see that people prefer outlands more over the x1. Even if outlands was released later than medivh .. im guessing this would be the outcome. If you want Medivh to have more players ... bring/force your gf, your family, your friends, your families friends their friends , friends friends, your Gf's family, her friends, their friends friends...... list goes on.. to play on Medivh. OK? I mean what do you want warmane to do in this case ?, force other players from other realms or even from outland to play on Medivh? Deal with it or do the suggestion above.

6. June 2, 2017  
    2-4k players is not enough for you?
    It's currently 1.4k during NA playtime. When the server time hits midnight, its a relative ghost town.

force other players from other realms or even from outland to play on Medivh
    Considering TBC servers and content/spawns in 2008 retail were designed with no more than 3k players online at the same time, I'd support this. Its their project and if they want to have successful servers they could do whatever they wanted to ensure that. Even forcing players from Outland under a certain level by random lottery to transfer characters to Medivh.

I mean what do you want warmane to do in this case ?.
    To figure out a remedy, just as they've been doing on the 5x realm. My suggestion is giving free lvl 30 mount+training for both factions on Medivh to incentivize new players or switching from Outland.

7. June 2, 2017  
    It's currently 1.4k during NA playtime. When the server time hits midnight, its a relative ghost town.

Considering TBC servers and content/spawns in 2008 retail were designed with no more than 3k players online at the same time, I'd support this. Its their project and if they want to have successful servers they could do whatever they wanted to ensure that. Even forcing players from Outland under a certain level by random lottery to transfer characters to Medivh.

To figure out a remedy, just as they've been doing on the 5x realm. My suggestion is giving free lvl 30 mount+training for both factions on Medivh to incentivize new players or switching from Outland.
    or you can just play at the peak times

8. June 2, 2017  
    Lets be honest and assess the state of WoW players. WoW players are impatient and have been bred to hit max level as soon as humanly possible. This is what Blizzard created from Cataclysm and onward. And the majority of players who play private servers play/played post-Cataclysm WoW. Therefore, the obvious choice for the majority of the player base will be Outland and its 5x times rates. No matter how we view their opinions on leveling we must accept this fact.

Warmane tried to entice people to play on Medivh with not just the lack of a cash shop and 1x rates, but pre-nerf'ed content as well. I know many players on Outland that were already 70, almost pre-raid BiS and nearly done with Kara attunement. Why are those players going to stop playing their already geared level 70 characters to reroll on Medivh? 1x rates? No, they would say it's a waste of time. No cash shop? The Outland shop isn't open yet. The only reason would be the pre-nerf content.

That's a difficult sell to people that did not play live BC. If you played BC you remember what happened to Sunwell when it was nerfed. My BC guild stopped doing attempts on Brutallus once the pre-nerf patch dropped. We(I do still) felt that doing nerfed content for progression felt like a sell-out. However, I watched guilds that had just been stepping foot in Mt. Hyjal and Black Temple hit up Sunwell. They'd farmed the trash previously, but now they marched through the content like a hot knife through butter. That completely ruined Sunwell for me. I gave up on looking at any other guilds or continuing to pester my guild to keep going. We'd spent weeks farming the prior T6 content to be ready for Sunwell and just to watch guilds that had struggled mightily prior do that announced the pre-Wrath raiding break. People who started in Wrath and after don't have much of a clue about it other than what BC players tell them. Many think looking at the numbers that pre-nerf and post-nerf aren't that far apart. So why switch to a 1x server for pre-nerf content if you don't feel it's that much harder? I can completely see their point of view. I'd love for more people to roll on Medivh.

3-4k would make me stick around here. However, I think we have to be happy with our 1-2k server. If we can sit above 2k at peak that's better than most BC private servers see. The BC private server scene was pretty bleak prior to Warmane's servers. It's getting better now though. Hopefully competition pushes Warmane to continue to work to improve both of the servers. Invite your friends, old guildmates, etc. Know any players from when you played in BC? Tell them about it. We're going to have to help the server grow ourselves. Cheers!

9. June 2, 2017  
    Retail servers in the TBC era had a population cap of 2500.

Medivh is fine, bordering on too much (Outland is still a crazy funserver).

10. June 2, 2017  
    1.5k to 4k might seem "low" when spread around the entire world, but in a while when everyone is pretty much packed in Outland, it will feel pretty crowded. I played on Hellfire with 2k peak pop, and it felt really populated in Outland.

11. June 2, 2017  
    or you can just play at the peak times
    I can't, since I work a regular career during those peak (EU) times.

1.5k to 4k might seem "low" when spread around the entire world, but in a while when everyone is pretty much packed in Outland, it will feel pretty crowded. I played on Hellfire with 2k peak pop, and it felt really populated in Outland.
    That's something I've been thinking that's helped me stay here, but the issue is I'm not seeing any newer players. Only the initial base population that joined in the first few days. Overtime the server will eventually stagnate as no new people are being brought in to replace the fluctuating numbers. What's 4k peak now might be 1.5k peak in 6 months.

12. June 5, 2017  
    Just joined today got a level 18 blood elf Paladin :)

13. June 6, 2017  
    Everyone talks about how live servers had 2.5k caps, but no one has willingly played on a server that was that small in years (hence the complaints). When there is a server that has 15k people, you can hop from guild to guild and join 5 mans in minutes, 2k people is a ghost town. WoW and MMO's in general have just switched to a more casual style of play, that's what people want nowadays regardless of wether its on a legacy server or not (hence why x5 and cash shops are such a big draw). Any of your population that hasn't been playing MMO's for 8+ years, know nothing but jam packed servers with gameplay you can jump into in seconds. The other half of us are too old to play like we did when we were 14 and had 3hrs to wait for a tank

14. June 6, 2017  
    Everyone talks about how live servers had 2.5k caps, but no one has willingly played on a server that was that small in years (hence the complaints). When there is a server that has 15k people, you can hop from guild to guild and join 5 mans in minutes, 2k people is a ghost town. WoW and MMO's in general have just switched to a more casual style of play, that's what people want nowadays regardless of wether its on a legacy server or not (hence why x5 and cash shops are such a big draw). Any of your population that hasn't been playing MMO's for 8+ years, know nothing but jam packed servers with gameplay you can jump into in seconds. The other half of us are too old to play like we did when we were 14 and had 3hrs to wait for a tank
    And yet here we are. Peak population has been above 5K two nights in a row on Medivh; it's growing. It's not being bombarded by 15K players on opening night nor is it stuck with a 2K queue; it's growing.

Also cut the hyperbole because it's not doing anyone any good. 2K population on a TBC realm is not a ghost town.

15. June 6, 2017  
    The reason is feels like a ghost town (feels like, it isn't.) at the lower hours where it hits 1400-1500 is because the longer it takes on average to hit lvl 70. The more spread out the player base becomes.

If it takes 6 days /played to hit 70. Chances are very few people are gonna be even close to playing those hours in 2 weeks, or even 3 weeks. Much more likely is a distribution of players in all level brackets. The more time that goes on, the higher the average level is. So if you are particularly fast, you're gonna run into the same people allot and at times you're gonna run into very few people at all.

Have you also considered the possibility that allot of people don't even want to interact with you? Plenty of people abstain from using the global chat at all, plenty of people abstain from using the LFG function at all and plenty of people only interact with their guild. I have had more success asking in the tanaris general chat for Zul'Farrak. Than i had in the global chat.

123 Last