1. June 8, 2017  

Character Trade suggestion

Hello,
    I think it would be very beneficial for the server to reevaluate minimal character trade prices on some realms and items. I have 2 main suggestions :

1) Gear that is not BiS should cost much less
    I higly doubt that anyone is going to pay for example 200-400 coins (price based on my own experience) for a badly or averagely geared character on Icecrown when they can get SHM for 150 coins or BiS pieces for roughly 23 coins each, which leads to people selling chars either completely without gear or just with a few good pieces (or a few pieces that somehow do not trigger the minimal price increase). Take this into consideration with market items too please, as I doubt anyone buys a non-HC Bloodsurge for 22 coins when they can get a HC one for 23 (This does not apply to Lordaeron and TBC realms atm because the market is different or not yet implemented there). This point also makes it kinda pointless to sell characters with mostly mediocre offspec items in inventory because it raises the price to astronomical amounts (1 coin is about the same as 1 dollar) and noone would buy that.

2) The prices should vary between realms based on rates, market rules, enabled services etc.
    For example, with Lordaerons market rules, no instant 80 service and x1 rates the prices are, in my opinion, completely sensible and fine (even tho I doubt the majority of people sell for much more than preset minimum prices). But on realms like Icecrown or Neltharion, the same prices are kind of nuts and sometimes even comical because you can get the same stuff (except character name) cheaper. For example, a naked lvl 80 or 85 char should not cost 30 coins on realms on which you can create a char and give it instant max lvl for 20 coins. If you disagree, find me a person who would buy
    this http://armory.warmane.com/character/...harion/summary moltdown char for the 96 coins minimum,
    this http://armory.warmane.com/character/...harion/summary moltdown char with some time spent into it for a whopping 381 coin minimum (you could get that kind of gear with almost 0 effort instead of spending a 300 bucks donation worth of coins, thats like 5 or more AAA games of choice on day one release, hell you could even get a freaking handgun for that price where I live in),
    this http://armory.warmane.com/character/...harion/summary another moltdown char with some really bad gear for a 273 coins minimum with inv included
    or this http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary for the 207 coin minimum.

Minor suggestions :
    + chill on the minimal prices, it is cutting your profits considerably in my opinion, smiliarly to the effect that would happen if Valve decided that nothing on their market could be sold for less than 0.30+ dollars depending on item, which would not only cut their profits but result in the market moving to other sites like opskins (which is happening anyway but mostly because Valve has a maximum preset price and some poeple wont get satisfied until they get real cash)
    + make it visible to see the characters mounts please, would be awesome
    + make Heirlooms available for points at least on some realms like during the old Molten days
    + make America great again

Thank You, no hate pls and feel free to move or delete once read as I am not sure if I posted the topic in the right place

2. Bumping this cuz decent suggestion.

Would also like to add something:
    Make the "Character inventory included" set by default, a lot of people seem to not notice that option at all and you end up with a lot of characters that in their description say they have this and that but then the inventory isn't even included (and no, I don't believe that they are trying to scam someone, it even says in yellow text in the description that it's not included.).

To be honest I don't even see why the option is there since if you want to keep something you can just send it to an alt but yeah, this would at least be an big improvement imo.

3. Trade was meant to help players safely trade their characters. Not to compete with Warmanes Marketplace.

All realms except TBC list all the skills the character has, so it is also the responsibility of the buyer to research the character before making a purchase.

The seller is responsible for his or her description and unfortunately the information listed is not always true. If the inventory is included it makes it easier to verify the sellers description. Of course the character price will be more with inventory, but still a good value. For TBC you are getting a better Value with or without inventory, as you can not buy, instant level 70, gear or professions (if any) on the Marketplace.
    If the inventory is not included you have to assume the seller is listing the correct information, if you do not see it, assume it's not included.
    In my post, which I doubt you would have not read before replying to, I suggested a reevaluation of the marketplace prices as they seem like they just got quickscaled from some algorithm that took 5 minutes to create while looking out of the window and sipping coffee on a bad monday morning. Like seriously, if you compare the marketplace prices on equipment for cataclysm and wotlk, you will find out that... they are the same. No changes made, Bloodsurge HC costs the same 23 coins whether you are on Icecrown or Neltharion, only noticeable change is, that the scaling continues ofc so the Neltharion bis gear is more expensive than Icecrown. The point of character trading not competing market would be valid only as long as the market prices were at least slightly sensible + character trading can even be more expensive than market at specific conditions. Besides the current model is simply uneconomic and completely ignores the fact that there exists a thing called supply&demand which leads to it being obsolete on some realms. You cant safely trade your characters if noone wants to buy them for the price you are selling for. Actually, if I continued this I would just be saying the same thing as above, but I agree with Mean above, all stuff such as inventory and currencies associated with the character should be included by defeault. As of writing this reply, the only trade that I would call fine in its current state is the TBC one and maybe Lordaeron. Having toons on ICC and Neltharion, it is simply not possible to trade them for some coins which would net me TBC stuff because one can either :
    A) try to sell them naked for 30 coins while instant max lvl is 20, dont ask me who would buy that, or
    B) try to sell them for insane amounts of coins noone would spend on a pointshop geared or honor geared character, ever

Why cant there be, for example, a few auctions to figure out how much are people willing to pay for certain types of characters ? Would be the fastest way to figure out their actual value.
    And maybe rework the market prices by hand instead of having them generated, to have them more sensible to the overall usefullness, demand, and tier of the item.

Sorry for too long a reply on a theme discussed every so often but I doubt much has changed in this aspect and I firmly believe it would be helpful for the server as more people will donate, and if they use the market, Warmane gets more cuts which means the coins still get "spent" instead of just circulating between people (I think this was the admins main concern on what could reduce the purchases and thus ruin the servers funding). I agree to Obnoxious post that ther cant be an assurance of a character selling, only a possibility, but why should not the seller have a way to increase the possibility, which is in some cases less than winning a lottery ticket. Thank You

4. July 3, 2017  
    Why cant there be, for example, a few auctions to figure out how much are people willing to pay for certain types of characters ? Would be the fastest way to figure out their actual value.
    Because Character Trading isn't and won't be about what people are willing to pay, but about the coin cost of things in the Marketplace. Low-power gear has high costs for the fact they aren't used as actual leveling equipment, but for transmogrification, and vanity is costly. If a character cost is just too high you have to rearrange it to make it lower, not us rework the way the tool works, as, yet again, the costs are defined by what the character carries and their cost in the Marketplace, and the Marketplace tags all have a reason to be as they are.