1. June 8, 2017  

I know nothing about multiboxing, where do i start?

I want to start multiboxing on TBC but i have no idea where to start. Any advice is welcome

2. June 8, 2017  
    Hey

First I would check your system can handle it.

Next would be software, isoboxer is pretty much the best. Paid at $50 a year or creak version but running on windows 8 only. Next make sure u have an add on called Jamba.

That's getting u started. There are lot of guides how to use isoboxer, pls pls google them.

I'm new too it too, there are a lot of helpful boxers in game too

3. June 8, 2017  
    well you are in the right place thats a good start..lol..

first you will need a multibox program.. ISBoxer is what most use and will be easiest to get help for.
    then make as many accounts as you want to run.and you pc can handle..5/10
    read all you can about multiboxing then read more!!!! google is your friend
    start your games make a assload of macros and start multiboxing..
    theres also a multibox guild <autobots roll out> that I'm sure you can get advice from..
    most importantly have fun.. its takes some time to get everything set up and such and there is a lot to learn..been doing this for years and still learning new stuff..

4. June 8, 2017  
    I would start with hotkeynet and see if you think it's for you before buying anything.

People say it needs scripting knowledge but it's very straight forward and there are some good youtube clips to get started

This for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv3P...n38KGYtGkvAKFJ

I'm using this at the moment but don;t bother with PIP, I just use F1-F5 to switch windows.

My config which is still work in progress

//================================================== ===========================
    //
    // LAUNCH AND RENAME THE WOW WINDOWS.
    //
    //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Ctrl Alt O launches 1 WoW window
    // %1% : PC to use
    // %2% : Path to WoW
    // %3% : Name of the Window
    // %4% : Login
    // %5% : Password
    <Command LaunchAndRename>
    <SendPC %1%>
    <Run %2%>
    <wait 1000>
    <RenameTargetWin %3%>
    <wait 1000>
    <text %4%>
    <wait 1000>
    <key Tab>
    <wait 1000>
    <text %5%>
    <wait 1000>
    <Key Enter>

<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Ctrl Alt O>
    <LaunchAndRename local "C:\Users\Documents\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW1 INSERT_LOGIN_HERE INSERT_PASSWORD_HERE>

// Ctrl Alt L launches 5 WoW windows
    // %1% : PC to use
    // %2% : Path to WoW
    // %3% : Name of the Window
    // %4% : Login
    // %5% : Password
    <Command LaunchAndRename1>
    <SendPC %1%>
    <Run %2%>
    <wait 1000>
    <RenameTargetWin %3%>
    <wait 1000>
    <text %4%>
    <wait 1000>
    <key Tab>
    <wait 1000>
    <text %5%>
    <wait 1000>
    <Key Enter>

<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Ctrl Alt L>
    <LaunchAndRename1 local "C:\Users\Documents\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW1 INSERT_LOGIN_HERE INSERT_PASSWORD_HERE>
    <LaunchAndRename1 local "C:\Users\Documents\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW2 INSERT_LOGIN_HERE INSERT_PASSWORD_HERE>
    <LaunchAndRename1 local "C:\Users\Documents\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW3 INSERT_LOGIN_HERE INSERT_PASSWORD_HERE>
    <LaunchAndRename1 local "C:\Users\Documents\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW4 INSERT_LOGIN_HERE INSERT_PASSWORD_HERE>
    <LaunchAndRename1 local "C:\Users\Documents\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW5 INSERT_LOGIN_HERE INSERT_PASSWORD_HERE>

// Ctrl Alt C closes 5 WoW windows
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Ctrl Alt C>
    <TargetWin WoW1>
    <CloseWin>
    <TargetWin WoW2>
    <CloseWin>
    <TargetWin WoW3>
    <CloseWin>
    <TargetWin WoW4>
    <CloseWin>
    <TargetWin WoW5>
    <CloseWin>

// DEFINE MAIL LABELS FOR SENDING KEY STROKES
    <Label w1 local SendWinM WoW1>
    <Label w2 local SendWinM WoW2>
    <Label w3 local SendWinM WoW3>
    <Label w4 local SendWinM WoW4>
    <Label w5 local SendWinM WoW5>

//-----------------------------------------------------------
    // DEFINE HOTKEYS FOR ALL KEY COMBINATIONS THAT WILL GET
    // SENT TO BOTH WOWS. ADD MORE KEY COMBO'S IF YOU WANT.
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    <KeyList MyList 0-9, Plus, Minus, Down>
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn MyList; ScrollLockOn Shift MyList; ScrollLockOn Ctrl MyList>

<SendLabel w1, w2, w3, w4, w5>
    <Key %Trigger%>

<HotKey ScrollLockOn F1>
    <SendPC local>
    <ToggleWin WoW1>
    <HotKey ScrollLockOn F2>
    <SendPC local>
    <ToggleWin WoW2>
    <HotKey ScrollLockOn F3>
    <SendPC local>
    <ToggleWin WoW3>
    <HotKey ScrollLockOn F4>
    <SendPC local>
    <ToggleWin WoW4>
    <HotKey ScrollLockOn F5>
    <SendPC local>
    <ToggleWin WoW5>

5. June 8, 2017  
    wow thats a lot of stuff to type..
    guess thats why I dont use HKN..lol..
    thats why I use cracked pwnboxer (yes on windows 10) just click a box> select wow client>set up done

6. June 8, 2017  
    wow thats a lot of stuff to type..
    guess thats why I dont use HKN..lol..
    thats why I use cracked pwnboxer (yes on windows 10) just click a box> select wow client>set up done
    Most of it is copy and paste, it just looks a lot

7. June 8, 2017  
    I'm an old school boxer who's just getting back into the game here on Warmane, so apologies for the 'old school', and no doubt tldr response.

From experience, dual-boxing.com is a great resource, or at least it used to be, though people there definitely have their opinions and aren't always open minded in a way that helps new boxers.

Before you start messing around with software, addons, macros, etc, and get overwhelmed before you even get started, I recommend doing a fair bit of planning up front, and map out what your goals for boxing are.

Is it your goal to do 5-man PVE content? Are you looking to get into PVP, and if so, what kind. Or are you just looking to make the levelling experience easier? These things can affect how you go about dipping your toes into the water.

Even if you plan on doing more advanced things, I'd strongly recommend that anyone looking to get into boxing start small and simple, like a team of 3 elemental shamans, and do some levelling to get a feel for the basics, and build off of that once you've got the basics down. Boxing isn't for everyone, particularly in older expansions that lack the quality of life changes or conveniences of later expansions (interact with target, shared quest item loot, etc.).

Be honest with yourself about your own technical abilities and expertise before you get into it. Most people here will tell you to use ISBoxer because it's the best (and they're right, it really is), but it isn't the easiest thing to jump right into, particularly for new boxers who lack technical confidence or expertise to start with.

I'd almost recommend finding an old version of PWNboxer that works (I have one somewhere if needed.. just struggles to build window layouts in Win10), and use that until you get the basics down. It lacks some of the more advanced features if ISBoxer, most notably the ability to swap lead toons and automatically adjust follow/assist functionality, but PWNboxer (despite the creator's reputation) certainly makes it easier to get basic key and/or mouse broadcasting going, and get a team up and running with manually created assist/cast/follow macros.

Once you get the basics down, decide that boxing is something you want to explore more and add layers of complication to, then definitely dig into ISBoxer. Just go with the paid version.. it's not expensive, and you won't have to worry about things like accidentally pooching the cracked version by letting it update, or having to deal with installing a second OS if you're running Win10.

Like I said, I'm a bit old school, and for me planning out my boxing teams is almost as much fun as playing them. It's an understated and often overlooked part of the hobby.