1. July 1, 2017  

Incredibly high latency recently?

2 days ago I started getting over 4k in latency. Playing on the East Coast of the US. Been on this server for a little over a year and unless the server is being DDoSed, I've never hit over 400. I usually maintain at ~140 and sometimes as low as 60. Anything happening with the server lately to cause this massive latency?

Edit: Not sure if it matters, but this latency all started when I went to the Obsidian Dragonshrine. Earlier I was in Dalaran and it seemed to be fine.

Edit 2: I should also add that I can load the rest of the internet/other games completely fine. It's just Icecrown. Lordaeron does not have the same issue.

2. July 6, 2017  
    Same in Outland. Me and some other folks are experiencing high latency (like 20k +), usually where other players are present.

Mine started about 2 days ago and since that I was no longer being able to play.
    Other wow clients run fine, as well as other games (on platform like Steam, etc).

3. Yeah, I thought I fixed this the other day by restarting my router. It lasted for all of 15 seconds and then the same issues arose. But now, some new ones have come into play as well! It's been very exciting.

Now it appears that by running my same usual 5 clients, I'll have 4 clients that work fine, and the 5th will be lagging. Which one lags entirely depends on chance. Sometimes it's the 1st one I open that lags, sometimes it's the last one I open. I've found that cutting to 2 clients being open changes nothing and if I have a single client open, then that is the client that lags. I no longer believe that it's a network issue, but fail to see the machine problem.

I have since overly scanned my PC for malware, viruses and the like. Then once that didn't work, I said "**** it" and backed up my computer/re-imaged it. Before I added anything back on, I installed Warmane WotLK. Running a single client worked fine for like half a day so I bumped it up to 2 clients, both were fine for a couple of hours. Went up to 3 and I started having the same issues with 1 of the 3. Assumed that this was definitely a hardware issue so rolled back to 1 client only, and now the issues with a single client have re-surfaced. No big deal, I bought a new graphics card, RAM and processor. They arrive in two days. If that doesn't fix it, I give up.

4. When I've had this problem in the past, it's always been my ISP that was the problem. It may seem like it's related to the instance you entered, but if you are, say, going into a bg with a whole bunch of data suddenly being sent to your computer, then that may reveal connection problems that wouldn't show themselves if you were just chilling in a non-combat environment.

When my ISP was having problems, I would get 200 ms outside of bgs but 1600-3000 ms inside them. But the latency was perfectly fine everywhere once I switched ISPs.

Now, if this is happening in a situation where a lot of data isn't being sent to your computer then I'm not sure what the issue is.

5. @Treba: I'm getting spikes in arenas (started couple of weeks ago), so I assume there's a problem on the servers side. Other games (CSGO, GTA 5, DoTA2) work flawlessly online.