1. July 1, 2017  

Priest hybrid

Hello there,

I am considering to create some hyrbrid disco-holy with Body and Soul talent.
    So, what do you think about this build?
    http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/p...00000000000000

Is it going to work or not in 25m raids and why?

Thank You in advance!
    Kindly Regard!

2. July 1, 2017  
    No Rapture = heavy mana problems,
    no Pain Suppression = you are missing a major mitigation cooldown,
    no Divine Aegis = it's like your 2nd best source of your overall healing&absorbs,
    no Borrowed Time = less or much weaker shields you can cast,
    no Penance = missing your main direct healing spell.

And you only gain faster movement speed which is barely needed at all and heavily situational. Not worth it.

3. July 1, 2017  
    Thank You very much!

Now i got It! Althought, in other hand do You think it is profitable to play any hybrid disco-holy spec in PvE?

4. July 1, 2017  
    There's no combination I'm aware of. Both specs get most of their versatility out of the last 3-4 tiers, which you don'T reach in a hybrid scenario.

5. This particular build isn't viable. RS is one of the fights where the Body and Soul talent is useful, but you will be using shields so infrequently that it doesn't matter that you take 1/1 Soul Warding. Think about it; combustion/consumption only happen every ~30 seconds.

The main hybrid build has the Soul Warding talent for shield spamming + Circle of Healing. This spec is really mana hungry (no Rapture as someone pointed out) and it doesn't have any of the special mitigation buffs that Holy or Disc bring to the raid. It's basically a "Skada whore" build. Most of the time you'll be spamming shields and sniping heals with CoH.

Sure, you'll top the healing meters with this hybrid spec (like most Disc priests would be doing, anyway). If you can convince your raid that you won't need Pain Suppression or Guardian Spirit, chances are, you aren't doing progression and it doesn't matter how you really play in the first place. Overall, it's a niche spec that has its uses, but they are fight-specific.

6. You were on a good path, but you chose to wrong tree to spec heavily into, my build has the same concept in mind, spamming speed shields, but I spec heavily into holy and only get soul warding so my shields have no cooldown. Am currently making a youtube video explaining the build, if you want to check my talents here is the armory link https://www.youtube.com/user/Deadpooln2b/videos
    You have circle of healing and prayer of mending, 2 strongest insta cast heals in the game, empowered renew, and speed shield with no cooldown, also lightwell has the potential to heal 250k hp if all uses are consumed, put it near tanks and refresh accordingly. Never prayer of healing or greater heal, avoid flash heal as well, should run around and play like disco with extra options. Very mana intense if you just spam shields, but if you crit with empowered renew or flash heal you get dubble mana regen for 8 seconds