1. July 2, 2017  

Darkmoon Cards - What's up with them?

Where are all the Darkmoon Cards?
    On retail you could typically complete a full set just by dropping by the auction house. Even on low pop servers. Or maybe one or two cards weren't on there, at the time, but it certainly would be within a day or two.
    Meanwhile on Outland, with tens of thousands of players, completing a deck is basically impossible. Are the cards not fully implemented yet or is the droprate bugged/broken/nerfed?

2. July 3, 2017  
    My guess is that it's because some of the cards have highly increased drop from TK/ZA/BT

Example: Ace of furies seems to drop a lot since it's 5g on ally and 8g on horde side

drop rates:

1/1600 hc boss
    1/3200 normal boss
    1/6400 heroic trash mob
    1/6400 from all BF HC trash

Five of furies wasn't in either alliance or horde auction house, drop rates:

1/312 BT trash mob
    1/1600 hc boss
    1/1725 ZA trash mob
    1/2000 TK trash mob
    1/2500 TK trash mob
    1/3200 normal boss

3. July 3, 2017  
    My guess is that it's because some of the cards have highly increased drop from TK/ZA/BT

Example: Ace of furies seems to drop a lot since it's 5g on ally and 8g on horde side

drop rates:

1/1600 hc boss
    1/3200 normal boss
    1/6400 heroic trash mob
    1/6400 from all BF HC trash

Five of furies wasn't in either alliance or horde auction house, drop rates:

1/312 BT trash mob
    1/1600 hc boss
    1/1725 ZA trash mob
    1/2000 TK trash mob
    1/2500 TK trash mob
    1/3200 normal boss
    Source?
    It makes sense, but there's plenty of instance farming going on. And all the cards randomly drop from those. According to wowhead anyway.
    Still, with IDK how many thousands of instances get completed every day, no cards are put up for auction. Seems highly unlikely/rigged.

4. July 3, 2017  
    And then again, since its a high pop server there could be people camping the AH for them so that could be another reason why its not there.

5. July 3, 2017  
    And then again, since its a high pop server there could be people camping the AH for them so that could be another reason why its not there.
    While that's technically true, that ignores the fact that people post rare items for absurd prices, which wouldn't be sniped by AHbots.
    And even if the problem was with bots instabuyouting every non-ace card that was put up for auction, the bots should have filled their inventories within a week. And then what? They just hang on to them? Even if you combine the neutral, alliance and horde auction houses you're not even close to completing a card.

6. July 3, 2017  
    This is correct, some cards 5-8 is never to be seen on the AH.
    It's as if they never drop, which is probably true.

7. July 4, 2017  
    This is correct, some cards 5-8 is never to be seen on the AH.
    It's as if they never drop, which is probably true.
    I think I saw 6 and 7 once. 5 and 8 have, so far, completely eluded me though. This leads me to believe that they do drop, just at an absurdly low rate. Probably something in the ballpark of odds equal to 5 world epics from 1 mob.

8. I got the 7 in mech yesterday. Still trying to get 568 though

9. I got the 7 in mech yesterday. Still trying to get 568 though
    No need anymore the Darkmoon Cards are now on the coin shop.
    So the issue has been fixed. Effectively....

10. Lots of people have collected the sets and got their trinkets now. So happy to see honest progress on this server.

11. Lots of people have collected the sets and got their trinkets now. So happy to see honest progress on this server.
    "collected the sets"

Mhm. That's how they got them. Yup.