1. I made so yestarday, but find some problems on my way: 1) Full BiS and baffed (all buffs+ icc buff) warlock in my rawr have 12600 theoretical dps, that is pretty low for my input data. I can overdo it even on training dummy, so this data is wrong.
    2) "Choose" button just inactive in simcraft, when i tried to import rawr data.
    So i'll try with your links. Thx.

2. Ok, i test it and this one is also wrong.
    From 4 attempts from start i found some problems:
    1) 3.3 patch, naxx bosses. So we don't have ICC buff, that is percentage modifier for SP and spirit (thorugh glyph and talent).
    2) There is no any rolling corruption in this model, only "corruption,if=!ticking". That is also change crit/sp priorities.
    3) No 4_t10 buff, that also can be rolled or clipped on execute.
    4) Renewing haunt in 3 s? If i stay closer to boss i can reduce it to 1.5-2s.
    -(
    Mb there is any newer version of simucraft? Or nvm i'll search it by myself.
    But this stat priority is not right, mb just for me.

3. Patchwerk doesn't refer to the literal Naxx encounter. It's just a catch-all term for fights where you get to just stand still and nuke a boss without needing to worry about raid mechanics impeding your DPS output. The 30% ICC buff is simply a 30% even damage increase across the board. It doesn't alter the relative stat weights whatsoever. The absolute stat weights themselves just go up 30%.

Re-casting Haunt when the debuff is less than 3 seconds does indeed basically mean refreshing it every 10-11 seconds, after factoring in the cast-time of the spell and its travel-time. Pressing for extra Shadow Bolts past this point becomes a little dangerous, and nor would any potential DPS gain from that actually be that meaningful.

The 4pc does proc if you set your character up correctly. My toon was modeled having 38% uptime on Devious Minds, which isn't too far off from the expected 41-42%.

Spoiler: Show

You're correct that Corruption-rolling isn't modeled in by default, but you can change some variables to include that. Just add this line above your default Corruption cast:
    actions+=/corruption,tier10_4pc=1

This forces a Corruption re-cast on the first Devious Minds proc. As expected though, the stat weights barely change as a result.

4. Two points of discussion I'd like to bring up are gear and enchants. First off I feel choker is better to use then the ring of rapid ascent. I think as a warlock your rings should always stay the same as valanars signet and rep ring. And you should only have to change out trinkets and necklaces. I'm on mobile right now so I can post my values when I'm home.

Secondly and I don't have numerical values to back this up but will do some more research but I feel black magic is better then 63+spell power for affliction. For demo the straight spell power is way more beneficial but for affliction the extra haste proc is fairly strong. And it has an amazing uptime across all ICC fights.
    But anyways this guide is truly fantastic maybe add some pov videos from LK and RS.

5. Regarding Black Magic, I believe that while it's superior on paper, in practice it's not consistently the case. It's not as much about general uptime as it is about effective uptime.
    The haste surge is awesome (debatable at 1561 passive haste), however there's so many instances where it can proc at an inopportune moment.
    Below I've listed some examples starting from Marrowgar, all the way to Lich King.
    Spoiler: Show
    Getting spiked at Marrowgar or multiple coldflames on top of you; Mind Controlled at Lady, chased by spirits; while DBS adds are down; during Vile Gas, when you're forced to move either for spores or to avoid Vile Gas; after getting hit by Malleable; when you get knocked far from the active Prince; During Flames/Incite Terror; when you have Unchained / are tombed; when you get Necrotic/Shadow Trap/Defile/Val'kyr-grabbed, have to reposition, inside FMC.

You can circumvent a number of these with your Demonic Portal and Nitro Boots, but even then, some of these events occur repeatedly during a single fight so you might find yourself out of options and having to walk.

Furthermore any downtime on your part, be it misplay, lag or otherwise will reduce the value of Black Magic even more.
    Granted your DoTs do not require you to be active to benefit from the haste after application, they do expire fairly quick. Then you move onto the other 2 important spells: Shadowbolt and Drain Soul. In the situations I mentioned, these hardly benefit from the haste, and we know how important they are to your dps.

Compared to that, the flat spellpower will have an "effective uptime" of 100%, making it a better choice in my opinion.

As for the first point, I do not have access to the numbers at the moment, but if I do recall correctly, the Amulet setup nets you 6 more spellpower and a bit more crit, compared to the other setup.
    Edited: April 11, 2018

6. Really amazing guide, If only more people will share their Power Aura strings!!! best thing. and also about the curse of doom for sindy during flight. my god I never thought of that!

I have a question regarding the dps difference between agony and doom. I read the part where you mentioned agony over doom because it gains shadow embrace and haunt debuff.

whats the % difference though between them in a typical fest hc fight, for doom usually changed to agony when we know it won't last the 1mint at the end. is there a sim you recommend where I can test this?

PS:I agree agony>doom just want to know the difference in dps.

7. Two points of discussion I'd like to bring up are gear and enchants. First off I feel choker is better to use then the ring of rapid ascent. I think as a warlock your rings should always stay the same as valanars signet and rep ring. And you should only have to change out trinkets and necklaces. I'm on mobile right now so I can post my values when I'm home.
    The GSB ring + Neck combo nets you slightly more total stats, and the GSB neck has a better socket.

You also end up having to gem for another 10 hit with the BQL neck + BPC Ring set-up.

Going from BQL neck + BPC ring to GSB Neck + GSB Ring should change your stats like so: -6sp, +10 haste, +3 crit

This is a favorable tradeoff.

Black Magic isn't too far behind +63 sp but ultimately does get slightly outperformed by it due to spellpower being preferable to Haste. With its 35 sec ICD Black Magic is worth something like ~71 haste, which nonetheless makes it a good alternative to be sure.

PS:I agree agony>doom just want to know the difference in dps.
    It's honestly pretty tiny. Not something that will be perceptible. The difference will be less than 0.2%.
    Edited: March 4, 2019

8. Added some restructuring to make it easier on the eyes, as well as a couple of minor sections (consumables, introduction). Also added several random details across the entire guide I didn't initially include (things like DFO's low proc rate, Seed of Corruption's AoE being buffed by Haunt/Shadow Embrace, etc), but which I feel are relevant.

A couple of other sections I intend to work on the near future include:
    - List of useful addons
    - A section on correcting low DPS, detailing how to pinpoint why your DPS might be low and how to go about addressing that, as well as some effective ways of practicing the spec
    - A short ICC run-down written from an Affliction Warlock PoV, to provide a clearer picture on applying the spec in raid settings more complex than tank-and-spank encounters.

Let me know what else might be useful information to include.

9. May 13, 2018  
    A couple of other sections I intend to work on the near future include:
    - List of useful addons
    - A section on correcting low DPS, detailing how to pinpoint why your DPS might be low and how to go about addressing that, as well as some effective ways of practicing the spec
    - A short ICC run-down written from an Affliction Warlock PoV, to provide a clearer picture on applying the spec in raid settings more complex than tank-and-spank encounters.
    The above is now done. Thanks Sky for the pretty colours! Gotta love Wisteria.

To be added:
    - Races. Even though the top DPS races for both factions are pretty clear-cut.
    - Pet Management
    - Effect of raid buffs on your DPS
    - A note on the value of technical expertise (i.e. not being a clicker or a keyboard turner).
    Edited: May 13, 2018

10. May 13, 2018  
    Besides of Tin'y mage website, it's probably the best guide i've ever seen here. Thanks a lot, gonna improve my 0 knowledge on warlock PeepoEZ
    Edited: May 16, 2018

11. May 20, 2018  
    To be added:
    - Races. Even though the top DPS races for both factions are pretty clear-cut.
    - Pet Management
    - Effect of raid buffs on your DPS
    - A note on the value of technical expertise (i.e. not being a clicker or a keyboard turner).
    This is all done too. That concludes all the additions I had in mind for the compendium, so I'm happy to consider the guide in its current state as a finished product. Additional updates will happen as and when I see they're needed.

12. May 22, 2018  
    The guide is excellent and tackles pretty much everything I believe one would need help with when starting out, and has many valuable points for competitive raiding. I personally liked to see it transition from a pocket guide to a well-rounded compendium.

Let me know what else might be useful information to include.
    Perhaps a little section on the very first step after hitting 80 -- The spec to start with?
    How Destruction fares against Affliction; whether it is viable to start with Affliction right away, or is it perhaps better to start off with another spec as you work towards stacking up the necessary stats?

13. May 23, 2018  
    The guide is excellent and tackles pretty much everything I believe one would need help with when starting out, and has many valuable points for competitive raiding. I personally liked to see it transition from a pocket guide to a well-rounded compendium.

Perhaps a little section on the very first step after hitting 80 -- The spec to start with?
    Thanks! And yeah, that'd definitely be a useful addition.

How Destruction fares against Affliction; whether it is viable to start with Affliction right away, or is it perhaps better to start off with another spec as you work towards stacking up the necessary stats?
    Ah, I'm glad you brought this up, since it gives me an excuse to address a pretty widespread misconception. You can absolutely play Affliction right away. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that it isn't competitive until you have ICC gear. It's virtually neck-to-neck against Destruction all the way from when you're fresh 80, till you're in high-end ICC gear, where it then takes a pretty decisive lead against Destruction. It should be acknowledged that Destruction still has the luxury of being able to spec into increased range, reduced threat, and pushback immunity without sacrificing a max DPS spec, and that's certainly a good reason to favour Destruction early on. But Affliction is more than viable, and it's going to be outright better any time there's Multi-Dotting or AoE involved.

Affliction doesn't need high-end gear for it to be competitive. Destruction simply scales poorly with large amounts of Crit and Haste due to talents like Backdraft and Empowered Imp that devalue having too much Haste and Crit past a point. That is most of what accounts for Destruction trailing behind once you're in high-end ICC gear. It also helps that the Devious Minds proc from your t10 4p favours Affliction the most too (due to Corruption rolling!)

In general,
    YES, you can Affliction as a fresh 80, and
    NO, you don't have to wait to reach some arbitrary Haste or Spellpower amount before you go Affliction. Your Hit cap is the only stat you have to make an effort to each a certain amount of, and that goes for every Warlock spec anyway.

I'll be sure to add a section on gearing up and spec choices since you gave me the idea!
    Edited: May 23, 2018

14. July 6, 2018  
    during the Heroism can I use the Life tap?

15. July 6, 2018  
    Yeah. As a general rule, don't hold off on using it unless you know you're going to be moving soon, or if there's going to be DPS downtime shortly, or if the fight is about to end and you don't need the extra mana.

Your default rotation burns through plenty of mana on its own, let alone under Bloodlust, so chances are the mana you gain from that Life Tap is going to be necessary too. It's better to stagger your Life Taps to maximize the glyph uptime instead of, for instance, waiting till your mana is low and then Life Tapping 3 times in a row and having the glyph buff overwrite itself needlessly. Staggering them out like these will naturally mean using Life Tap under Bloodlust a few times.

First 1234 ... Last