1. May 6, 2020  
    Thanks fo the answer. I don't look at HPS as it's not displayed on the Absorb and healing tab, I gauge comparing to the other healers. I managed to get last ex-aequo on DBS, PP & BQL 25HC and LK NM, other healers were nicely geared Hpal, Disco, Rdruid and Rsham. On the other bosses I was last with 30% less than the 4th. I found Serendipity really fun but it got too many bad remarks from my RL.

So I can answer a clear NO to my guild about them wanting me to go 2p T9.

2. May 6, 2020  
    HPS, healing done, same ****. You will never beat a good Discipline Priest, for example. That's not because Discipline Priests are amazing, too, but more that's just how absorbs work. Absorbs are ALWAYS effective, whereas a heal can over-heal. You should play what you find fun and what WORKS. If people aren't dying (not talking about unavoidable deaths to stupidity) and you aren't struggling to keep people up, then that's fine. It may even be worth considering to drop a healer. If people are giving you **** for playing Holy, in my experience on Icecrown, it's typically from people who don't actually play a healer and/or they don't yet understand how healing works. Which, unfortunately, is VERY VERY common. If they keep giving you ****, send them my way if you want. You can also message me directly on here or on discord (or openly here in the thread) if you'd like to discuss your performance, what the meters look like, and why.

In the meantime, if you are using Skada, I'd recommend downloading and installing this:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...bsorbs-r12.zip
    This will also display HPS and a more detailed breakdown of healing sources, which will allow you to better evaluate your spell usage.

3. May 19, 2020  
    Hello, everyone! I'd like to direct those of you who want an in-depth look at the TOP-END boss fights for the end of WotLK to this guide made by Iqui.

"But isn't this guide redundant with yours?"
    No! My guide is intended to teach newer players the basics of the Holy Priest spec, and to help with useful information and understanding of a Priest who may be progressing through the gearing process and earlier raid tiers. Iqui's guide is a specialized focus on Ruby Sanctum and Icecrown Citadel, along with 0% buff ICC, which will be more useful to players who are pretty far along into the progression of their character and no longer need the coachings on the basics of how to play the Holy Priest.

I will be adding this link in my own guide as well.

4. I have a hard question, I googled and I couldnt find anything, downloaded some addons but they dont work.
    My question:
    How do you track the STACks of Prayer of Mending?
    NOT the cooldown!
    I read somewhere that you can do it with weak auras.
    But HOW?
    Any genius has the anaswer?

5. In Wrath, your options are limited. I have my Grid setup to display it on my frames and I keep an eye on that. But that said, if Prayer of Mending heals twice out of the possible five times, it's already earned its value in mana cost. Thus, it's not a huge deal to track it for most people.

6. How do you track the STACks of Prayer of Mending?
    You can track PoM stacks with Power Auras.

7. This is to all those fellow holy healers. even though Mercy has said it above.
    YES, people will ask for a disc. always.. because it will always top you in heal meters. ( on equal gear ).
    But then. if you have a good group who aren't meter whores. you can and will do end game raids as holy.
    I have been kicked out of raids and guilds for being a holy priest . even after being 700-800 gs above their best healers and saving the groups *** many times from wipes. Just accept that you wont ever top on the meters unless you are Over geared and other healers are **** :D
    If you don't find any such group and you think you are good enough to raid and you know the tactics. or are at least willing to learn them and listen to what the RL is shouting at you on discord.
    join me. I often switch between holy / disc. and i enjoy both of them equally.
    the only thing i wouldn't recommend is the renew build because rdudu makes it redundant.. so keep spamming those flash heals :D

8. i am in love with this guide! finally i can test holy priest with a good guide
    Edited: November 19, 2021

9. I'd like to direct people over to the content posted over at felbite. There are some items that I could argue with, but when having access to a lot of different items, the holy spec is pretty malleable. However, it does point you in a good direction.
    https://felbite.com/guides/5366-holy...raid-bis-list/

Bonus link for Discipline: https://felbite.com/guides/5468-disc...raid-bis-list/

10. Mercy - appreciate the guide, good read.

Quick question, when do you stop having (unmanageable) mana problems as Holy? I'm mulling over dropping Ench for JC for the flexibility of spirit gems instead of only spellpower on rings.

Edit: I thought the JC gems were an equivalent increase as other professions over epic gems as but it's actually only when compared to rare gems. Staying Ench.

Edit 2: What are your thoughts on the Tailoring cloak enchants? Seems like an unreliable sp proc would most likely be wasted and the mana return is between 33 and 57mp5 depending on ICD (not accounting for the loss of regular cloak enchant) which if on the lower end of that is well... low.
    Edited: June 13, 2022

11. It really depends on how good you are at managing your mana in the early stages. I, personally, am fairly comfortable by the time I'm about half raid geared in t7. Most won't be too comfortable until they start seeing some t8 gear, which is fine, hpriest doesn't perform well in t7 generally speaking anyway. It has more going for it in t8 and beyond.

About the JC gems, even when epic gems come out, they are still ever so slightly better than other profession's static stat bonuses. I personally really like JC and BS because you can choose your stats.

On the Tailoring cloak enchants, I don't like having RNG on a healer. You'll get procs when you don't need them, and no procs when you do need them. So I stay away from them if I can. The mana regen proc is fine though, as it doesn't directly impact your throughput. Instead it helps with throughput on the back-end by providing resources. I wouldn't choose Tailoring for the proc alone, as I feel there are better options for mana, but crafting cloth armor and having a free leg enchant are nice.

Ultimately, professions should not make or break your gameplay. Instead, I'd recommend choosing one based on what augments your preferences in gameplay or perhaps best helps shore up your weak points. Like nitro boosts, for example, are really good for repositioning if you aren't great at pre-positioning yourself.

12. About the JC gems, even when epic gems come out, they are still ever so slightly better than other profession's static stat bonuses. I personally really like JC and BS because you can choose your stats.
    I miscalculated, you're right - JC is 48 SP vs Ench 46. When you're in T8, do you socket full JC SP in reds? I guess what I'm trying to determine is if I actually need the option to socket big spirit JC gems or if I should stay Enchanting because I'll end up with JC SP gems anyway (in T8/later). I wouldn't want to change professions for 2 SP.

Do you have a rough estimate of how long the Tailoring gear lasts? PMC lasts a long time in TBC but people don't seem to make as big of a deal out of the Wrath sets.

Thanks for the advice and again for the guide, very helpful.

13. That depends on whether you will want to gem spirit at any point. But when having to choose pure stat gems, spellpower usually is the way to go.

For tailoring, you have bracers and chest in ToC. You outgear them as soon as you're able to do 25-man or 10-heroic and farm up emblems for tier. You also have legs and boots in ICC. The legs are pretty good, but again get replaced by tier. The spirit boots you can craft, however, are more or less your second bis due to how much raw spellpower you get out of them as an hpriest, in addition to the fact that there are no other 264ilvl+ spirit boot options.
    All that being said, ALL of these crafted items sell on the AH extremely well because they are excellent items to start with, and they are starting options for all casters including the non-cloth healers.

Also, you're welcome. I'm glad I could help!

14. I've added a couple of new gear lists for T7 and prebis to the guide. If anyone has any feedback or suggestions for those lists to help improve them, please let me know.

15. I have a hard question, I googled and I couldnt find anything, downloaded some addons but they dont work.
    My question:
    How do you track the STACks of Prayer of Mending?
    NOT the cooldown!
    I read somewhere that you can do it with weak auras.
    But HOW?
    Any genius has the anaswer?

My reply is probably 2 years late but I hope it will be useful for someone else atleast.

I'm using VuhDo and you can configure it to show basically all and every HoT on your frames. This includes PoM which tracks the number of stacks left on it!

First 1234 Last