1. Jewelcrafting for AH

Hi guys I'm looking for some advice. Which are the top selling cuts on the AH for each type of gem(blue,epic)? I've been doing well making scarlet Ruby's to 16arp selling for 100g but I'm looking for advice on the other color gems. I have almost 10 each of blue, green, yellow, orange, and red(blue gems) and a few epics which I usually keep for myself. Also do you think it's worth prospecting titanium ore at 480g per stack?
    I appreciate any input and responses thank you!

2. You have to check Ah regularly and see whats going up for what price and with enough experience in selling gems you'll know what to sell and what not to and what gems are actually needed by players and what usually sells fast since there is no fixed price for everything. Whereas regarding your prospecting of Titanium ores, if you can get 2-3 x epic gems from 1 stack of ore you may be at a profit. You don't always get an epic gem from a stack of T-ore let alone 2-3 gems, so imo its best if you sell the ore or keep them for other uses like T-bars or titansteel bars.

3. yeah I usually get 1 per stack haha. I've only done 3 stacks so I was just wondering. I usually update my auctioneer daily it's just hard to know what gems actually sell and what don't at the price it says. That's why I posted this question just to see what some people do. Thanks for the reply

4. There's 2 main ways to go about selling gems. You either go for the gems highest in demand, or you cater to a more specific customer base.

In simpler terms-- You can sell Runed scarlet/cardinal rubies which every single caster (including healers to some extent) uses. The demand for these is higher, but so is the supply because the majority of people follow this same reasoning. What this means is that you'll rapidly sell 100% of the gems made, but you'll often end up involved in an undercutting war.

The other way to go about it is to go for very specific gems. This means cutting gems that only one (or a few) specs use, either during early stages of gearing or near BiS levels (these are the 2 stages of gearing where you regem the most, especially the latter). The demand isn't as high for these, therefore the supply is lower too. You can get better profits per gem this way, selling them at a higher price.

You may have noticed this trend already, because generally tank consumables/enchants/gems tend to cost a bit more than dps ones. Reason for that is there's a considerably larger number of dps characters (and healers for that matter) compared to tanks.

I haven't been very specific as to which gems to sell exactly, but generally speaking:
    The standard pure-stat gems will often be highest in supply so you might not always get the highest profit out of them. These include: Spellpower/Strength/Armor Penetration/Agility/Stamina/Resilience/Haste/Intellect.
    Specific pure-stat gems that might yield higher profit could be: Expertise/Hit/Spell Penetration/Attack Power

The standard hybrid gems might also follow that same trend. These include: Sp+crit / Sp+haste / Sp+spirit / Sp+resilience/ Str+crit / Str+haste.
    Specific hybrid gems that might yield higher profit could be: spell pen+haste/sp/hit / agi+hit / exp+hit / str+hit

Try to study the PvE and PvP guides a bit and see which gems every class and spec uses, and you can sort of gauge the supply/demand for each. You can then confront the AH and decide what to sell.

5. There's 2 main ways to go about selling gems. You either go for the gems highest in demand, or you cater to a more specific customer base.

In simpler terms-- You can sell Runed scarlet/cardinal rubies which every single caster (including healers to some extent) uses. The demand for these is higher, but so is the supply because the majority of people follow this same reasoning. What this means is that you'll rapidly sell 100% of the gems made, but you'll often end up involved in an undercutting war.

The other way to go about it is to go for very specific gems. This means cutting gems that only one (or a few) specs use, either during early stages of gearing or near BiS levels (these are the 2 stages of gearing where you regem the most, especially the latter). The demand isn't as high for these, therefore the supply is lower too. You can get better profits per gem this way, selling them at a higher price.

You may have noticed this trend already, because generally tank consumables/enchants/gems tend to cost a bit more than dps ones. Reason for that is there's a considerably larger number of dps characters (and healers for that matter) compared to tanks.

I haven't been very specific as to which gems to sell exactly, but generally speaking:
    The standard pure-stat gems will often be highest in supply so you might not always get the highest profit out of them. These include: Spellpower/Strength/Armor Penetration/Agility/Stamina/Resilience/Haste/Intellect.
    Specific pure-stat gems that might yield higher profit could be: Expertise/Hit/Spell Penetration/Attack Power

The standard hybrid gems might also follow that same trend. These include: Sp+crit / Sp+haste / Sp+spirit / Sp+resilience/ Str+crit / Str+haste.
    Specific hybrid gems that might yield higher profit could be: spell pen+haste/sp/hit / agi+hit / exp+hit / str+hit

Try to study the PvE and PvP guides a bit and see which gems every class and spec uses, and you can sort of gauge the supply/demand for each. You can then confront the AH and decide what to sell.

Awesome I really appreciate the advice.. i went ahead and looked through almost all the main guides and have been monitoring the ah a few times a day.

What do you think about prospecting? Either saronite or titanium if it's 550g a stack? And what about low level gems or uncut gems? Worth trying to farm some or just stick to the lvl 80 gearing consumer