1. Guild recruitment spam lets do something

The amount of guild recruitment spam on global has gotten to a ridiculous amount. The purpose of this thread is to get as many replies possible so that admins and GMs do something about it, as it is beginning to harm the game itself. I am especially annoyed as they have the forums and guild recruitment channels to spam to their hearts content, but don't do this, instead they harass the general population of the Icecrown server, i'm sure there are many people who share my views on this and any posts in this thread would help highlight the issue.

Thanks Hideaki

2. The amount of guild recruitment spam on global has gotten to a ridiculous amount. The purpose of this thread is to get as many replies possible so that admins and GMs do something about it, as it is beginning to harm the game itself. I am especially annoyed as they have the forums and guild recruitment channels to spam to their hearts content, but don't do this, instead they harass the general population of the Icecrown server, i'm sure there are many people who share my views on this and any posts in this thread would help highlight the issue.

Thanks Hideaki
    Someone recently pointed out the same problem with people promoting the characters they want to sell in global channel. He suggested to make a completely separate channel solely for that purpose and leave global out of it. However, something like this would work only if warmane staff started punishing people for this and that will never happen, I can assure you. Guild masters and character sellers will always want to advertise in a channel that has the most viewers, and no channel will ever beat global. I agree with you though, as someone who is not interested whatsoever in any of these things, that's extremely ****ing annoying, but there's nothing we can do about it.

3. Why not? Can’t they be forced to use Guild Recruitment channel?
    I didn’t take this issue seriously until this morning when i realized I can’t read anything.

4. Why not? Can’t they be forced to use Guild Recruitment channel?
    I didn’t take this issue seriously until this morning when i realized I can’t read anything.
    Do you really suggest to actually suspend players, who advertise their guild in global channel?

What is global channel for then? It's not LFG channel if you want to see only raids. IT IS GLOBAL. FOR EVERYTHING.

For reading issue, I have a completely seperate 3rd window next to "General" and "Combat Log". Whisper, guild chat and basically anything but global goes to general, where I can see everything clearly and when I feel like I want to do some raids, I just click one button to switch to global channel's window. I've increased the whole window's size as well. It used to be a big problem, now it is relatively fine.

5. Iw would not be necessary to suspend players, and with a 10 minute mute and an explanation, in a short time period people could be educated to use the right channel.

6. people are going to use the most viewed channel. warmane staff have said 101 times they will not devote gm time to policing global.

7. Do you really suggest to actually suspend players, who advertise their guild in global channel?

What is global channel for then? It's not LFG channel if you want to see only raids. IT IS GLOBAL. FOR EVERYTHING.

For reading issue, I have a completely seperate 3rd window next to "General" and "Combat Log". Whisper, guild chat and basically anything but global goes to general, where I can see everything clearly and when I feel like I want to do some raids, I just click one button to switch to global channel's window. I've increased the whole window's size as well. It used to be a big problem, now it is relatively fine.
    Where did you see word “suspend”? I am saying that by “forcing” guild recruitment to Guild Receuitment channel would make Global easier for people who don’t care about joining guilds or aready have one and for people who want to see that , they can join Guild Recruitment channel.

Global is for everyhing, but it would be good to control highly populated servers because guild recruitment is clogging global. However, this is not going to happen.

8. What needs to stop is the use of Bots to promote your guild. People use automated programs to post their guild spam in chats ever 30 seconds or so and then use a program that moves them 1 step every time they go AFK. This is botting and this needs to be dealt with. Look at the number of guilds that recruit in ICC general chat or any of the Zone General chats around ICC. 100% those players are not alt-tabbing between WoW programs to spam their recruitment. If you want to spam your recruitment in trade/global so be it, but using a bot to spam general chats or w/e needs to stop because its incredible annoying and against the TOS.

^This comes from someone who posts his own guildspam in trade and global daily

9. I suggest to anyone who is annoyed by this to download "Ignoremore" addon and simply ignore every guild requirement and "WTS my ****ty char" messages. So far, I've ignored over 100 of these ****s, and still I see new messages but i just ignore more again, two clicks and my global looks readable again.

10. Have the global (+ general, yell, trade and local defense) on chat tab that isn't open all the time? And only have a look at it when needed.